+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue PvP Leveling

Telaran

Default Rogue PvP Leveling

Me and a buddy love PvP and we really are getting into it in Rift. So we wanted to know a few things.
    We are both going to level as rogues, probably ranged rogues and are only going to be leveling through PvP.
    We had found a website that listed the best gear per level bracket but lost it, does another have that bookmarked? Google is totally hiding it from me.

What is the best pvp spec for 10-19+? We were thinking it was probably us both going marksman and assist training.

When not PvPing we will be rifting for gear for what would be the 2 best builds for duoing major rifts?

How much slower is leveling this way (not that it really matters CAUSE IT'S FUN!)

Plane Walker

For 10-19 I recommend Bard/Riftstalker. At some point, add a MM spec; it'll be useful in your 20's, for Codex. If you want, at some point you can add a melee spec (Assassin, Nightblade, etc.) but you really don't need to. You can level in warfronts from 10-50 very easily with a Bard spec and a MM spec.

It's pretty fast, actually, though not as fast as doing PVE content. If you are running rifts and the occasional dungeon, you'll be 50 pretty quickly.

Telaran

Does Bard/Riftsalker actually kill people?

Quote Originally Posted by Darhken View Post
    not really but its makes one hell of a whitefall run spec when you get that WF.. its actually too good and the reason I don't even play whitefall anymore.. i don't think you should be able to shift and hold the flag but thats just me i guess... MM is pretty devastating in low ranks Id try that out. Sin works fine as well.. honestly anything works pre 50 since most people don't really know how to play there class halfway decent till then.
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Telaran

Alright, thanks. I totally agree with your sig btw. I have a 50 mage that I just can't play cause I only want to pvp and I HATE playing against Rank 8s with no gear.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Darhken View Post
    In the 10-19 bracket, Bard/RS is a beast. Beyond that, it's very good, though as you level up, other specs start to shine more.

Don't underestimate Bard.
    Last edited by Karuna; 10-18-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karuna View Post
    In the 10-19 bracket, Bard/RS is a beast. Beyond that, it's very good, though as you level up, other specs start to shine more.

Don't underestimate Bard.
    bard healing in generally is definitely a lot stronger in the early brackets since people don't have the burst to take you out a lot of the time and you usually heal well enough to keep a group up.. at 50 this changes drastically even 9k hp bards I can burst down in no time depending on my build
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

+ Reply to Thread