+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sabodancer?

Telaran

Default sabodancer?

dont know if this was the build i saw but saw a level 50 guardian taking down the mathosnian patrolling groups in stillmoore, the one with the 1 elite guy and the 6 or 7 other little guys with no problem at all. he threw a couple sticky things blew em up and everything died exccept for elite guy and 1 or 2 more throws and it was dead. asked around in 50 chat people said sabodancer and that it was an awesome dps build as well. any truth to this at all? and if so, what kind of build would that be. looking for a 3rd build to use for dungeons and rifting.

1st build is 51 pt RS for tanking
    2nd build is ranger/mm for chronicles (if theres a better build lemme know)
    3rd is empty. never played sabo before but it sounds fun.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Intrakit View Post
    dont know if this was the build i saw but saw a level 50 guardian taking down the mathosnian patrolling groups in stillmoore, the one with the 1 elite guy and the 6 or 7 other little guys with no problem at all. he threw a couple sticky things blew em up and everything died exccept for elite guy and 1 or 2 more throws and it was dead. asked around in 50 chat people said sabodancer and that it was an awesome dps build as well. any truth to this at all? and if so, what kind of build would that be. looking for a 3rd build to use for dungeons and rifting.

For Sabodancer i can say look in the sticky.
    For chronicles ( to solo them) nothing beats The Cuisinart build, or builds based on the same souls.
    This works also for that mathosian pack. And Rifts, well for all Pve Solo.
    For dungeons i use the 51 MM/15 ranger build.

good luck!

46sab/20sin/whatever

I use infil for 3rd soul, break free is nice. Can switch to bladedancer for sidesteps too for soloing stuff.

It's what I thought of for the mathosian packs. Stack shrap charges on elite, set land mines, toss annihilation bomb, detonate, toss adhesive bomb, another set of charges or carpetbombing->annihilation bombs, land mines for the lolfactor and everythings dead.

Have to be in melee range for sabdancer to work and the pack would probably splat you before you could get enough rotations off to kill everything.

This is a great build for 5mans, 10/20man trash dps and has some great utility for certain raid bosses (mobile fights and add-intense fights)

26sin/20bd/20rs

Dunno who came up with this spec, I know I threw it together one day only to see it on Dunsparrow's blog a week later, in any case it's obvious to anyone who's run cuisinart before.

I use this for farming/soloing chronicles/soloing invasion bosses and mobs/soloing elite packs.

Move some points around and it's not a bad pvp brawling spec either.
    Last edited by ShazzamCrucia; 10-18-2011 at 10:36 AM.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ShazzamCrucia View Post
    46sab/20sin/whatever

I use infil for 3rd soul, break free is nice. Can switch to bladedancer for sidesteps too for soloing stuff.

It's what I thought of for the mathosian packs. Stack shrap charges on elite, set land mines, toss annihilation bomb, detonate, toss adhesive bomb, another set of charges or carpetbombing->annihilation bombs, land mines for the lolfactor and everythings dead.

Have to be in melee range for sabdancer to work and the pack would probably splat you before you could get enough rotations off to kill everything.

This is a great build for 5mans, 10/20man trash dps and has some great utility for certain raid bosses (mobile fights and add-intense fights)

26sin/20bd/20rs

Dunno who came up with this spec, I know I threw it together one day only to see it on Dunsparrow's blog a week later, in any case it's obvious to anyone who's run cuisinart before.

I use this for farming/soloing chronicles/soloing invasion bosses and mobs/soloing elite packs.

Move some points around and it's not a bad pvp brawling spec either.

thanks both of ya
    Last edited by Intrakit; 10-18-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Sword of Telara

I actually farm the Mathosian squads as well, 80 or so notoriety a pop isn't bad. I use 46Sab/20 *** for it. At rank 8 (rank 8 weapons at least) I pop the squad without anything escaping.

Goes like this:
    Every 2 minutes (or whatever the carpet bombing timer is)
    1) Load up the elite with blast charges.
    2) Hit carpet bomb, and hit the squad with like 3 annihilation bombs.
    3) Watch everything die but the elite, then hit deonate to blow him the rest of the way up before he unstuns.

While waiting for carpet bomb to cool down:
    1) Load up the elite with shrapnel.
    2) Throw an annihilate, detonate, then finish with a frag bomb. The elite will have about a quarter left, his friends will all be dead. Toss a quick adhesive bomb to slow him as he approaches.. and toss one blast onto him, detonate it.. and he'll bleed out before he gets to you.

I farm them with my NB build too, but I prefer my sabo for blowing up the squads. It's just more fun.

Ohh and yes, I agree with the above poster. I would not use sabodancer on squads or such. With sabotour... I find it's best to not be in melee range with anything.. unless there is a tank who holds the aggro. With ranged sabo though, you can farm stuff pretty easily.
    Last edited by Laban of C O; 10-18-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrakit View Post

Sab is awesome and these peeps are prolly suggesting good builds but, FWIW, to do what you saw, killing the huge groups in stillmoor, any sab build can pretty much do that, even without a secondary soul at all.

I used to farm those packs with assassin bladedancer when I still needed Mathos rep.

Being able to kill them all obviously requires a bit of aoe and aside from that good gear.

What you'll find with sab-dancer is it's a patch too late to be top performing.

With it or any sab build, you're taking advantage of being able to load up charges on the mobs without aggro. Then bomb, deadly dance, one charge, detonate, target another that you pre-charged (if there's anything left), one more charge, detonate...

Me, I just jump on em and twin-strike + deadly dance.

Quote Originally Posted by ShazzamCrucia View Post
    46sab/20sin/whatever

For soloing that will work, but if you're raiding or doing a dungeon you need to have the third soul as MM or Ranger. It gives you ranged weapon mastery, which makes detonate calculate damage off our bow instead of mainhand weapon. It makes a pretty big difference on dps, maybe ~300 dps single target for me.
    Last edited by Mayi; 10-18-2011 at 09:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread