+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So I just hit 50 on my rogue alt.

Soulwalker

Default So I just hit 50 on my rogue alt.

And to my distraught I find out there's no good craftable bow. When I got my warrior, mage and cleric to 50 I had good weapons readily available through crafting. Rangers/Marksmen get left out of the equation it seems, why is that? Any particular reason why they decided to not add a bow/gun at the level of the daggers, claymore, staff and mace?
    Last edited by Kathiela; 10-18-2011 at 04:26 AM.

Spined Compound Bow is the best craftable bow available IIRC and it's better than any non-epic t2 dungeon drop if it has the nimble/keen/shady prefix. But really it's super easy to spend 40 plat or whatever to get a Rune Carved Bow or Abyssal Musket, epic BoE drops from t2 instances that are very nearly BiS until you get into 10man or 20man content, only beaten out by a few very rare epic drops from t2 bosses.

Soulwalker

Thank you for this little piece of information, I did not know about these two. Might be because the AH on my server is pretty crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrumdiddly View Post
    Spined Compound Bow is the best craftable bow available IIRC and it's better than any non-epic t2 dungeon drop if it has the nimble/keen/shady prefix. But really it's super easy to spend 40 plat or whatever to get a Rune Carved Bow or Abyssal Musket, epic BoE drops from t2 instances that are very nearly BiS until you get into 10man or 20man content, only beaten out by a few very rare epic drops from t2 bosses.
    Yeah, running t2s w\ my rogue I got NO ranged weapon drops from t1's and t2s i could use. I broke down and bought a shady spined compound bow @ AH for 19p after mistakingly buying a bow below it for 5-6p lol

Just upgraded when I hit prestige 4 and got seditionists rifle.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Default Darkening Deeps

I've seen the Gedlo Dragon-Hunter's Bow drop several times in Darkening Deeps from the triumvirate bosses. Of course, this is while I was playing my Mage and before I started my Rogue, so I'm sure I will never see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Zaphod View Post
    I've seen the Gedlo Dragon-Hunter's Bow drop several times in Darkening Deeps from the triumvirate bosses. Of course, this is while I was playing my Mage and before I started my Rogue, so I'm sure I will never see it again.
    ^ this

farm xDD or get to P8
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

On my sever (Shatterbone) there is almost always a few Spined Compound Bow on the broker that are fairly cheap. It's worth getting until you see a Rune Carved Bow on the broker. I'm guessing it's more common than the Muskett, or our sever has just been really unlucky on drops.
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

+ Reply to Thread