+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sneaky Peak to Rogue tanking 1.6?

Default Sneaky Peak to Rogue tanking 1.6?

Ok, so while taking part in the Extra Life event, I had the oppurtunity to inspect Elrar. As a level 50 rogue, all seemed in order with most of his gear (he was geared for tanking).

What I didnt expect was for him to be equipped with the legendary shield "Aegis of Souls"

So was I witness to a Dev having fun and equipping whatever gear he liked or was it an accidental sneak preview in to rogue tanking in 1.6?

Not sure we'll know for a while, but it never hurts to speculate

He must have been thinking ahead to tanking HK (after all only tanks with shields get to go there).

Greenbeast

Quote Originally Posted by Gynx View Post
    Ok, so while taking part in the Extra Life event, I had the oppurtunity to inspect Elrar. As a level 50 rogue, all seemed in order with most of his gear (he was geared for tanking).

What I didnt expect was for him to be equipped with the legendary shield "Aegis of Souls"

So was I witness to a Dev having fun and equipping whatever gear he liked or was it an accidental sneak preview in to rogue tanking in 1.6?

Not sure we'll know for a while, but it never hurts to speculate

He's Trion staff, he can wear what he wants.
    Nothing to do with rogue tanking.
    Also, Elrar is op. nerf.
    Last edited by Asidia; 10-18-2011 at 01:23 AM.
    you saw nothing
    Nadola
    <Stack on Eight>
    4/4 FT 5/5 EE

Shadowlander

Bleh. It would be the worst option if they'd really add shields to the RS tanking. Unless its a shield of whirling steel...what, btw, would be a very cool name for a new 31 Pts tree talent, since the current s*ucks so hard...

Shield of Whirling Steel (0/1)

Activating this stance raises your armor by 20% and your parry by 250%. Also it transforms your parry score into block and allows you to block while having 2 weapons equipped.

While in this stance your in-combat-movement is reduced by 30% (maybe 50%? - makes blinking as a tank more desired) and counterattacks (attacks you dodged/parried - BD "Strike back" should be in the RS tree...) deal 100% more damage (since RS tank is dealing the least dmg as it is).

Can only be activated while being in Guardian Phase.

What about this suggestion? Dont get me on the numbers, just messing around. But a talent like this, ofc more balanced (but pls leave it scaling as it is) would be an awesome option to improved RS tanking.

And while im writing this im still mad TRION didnt say a single word to the upcoming tanking overhaul...yet.

New 51RS ability: dual-wielding shields instead of weapons.

Make it happen. Please?

i would far rather see something like druid tanks (sorry to use a wow reference) savage defence mechanism

but yea - you would think that a duel wielding tank would be the king of parry
    Iv spent 90% of my entire wealth on alcohol and women

The other 10% was wasted

Elrar has been wearing a shield for month. You didn't learn anything about potential changes to rogue tanking.
    Cleric Tank -Guardian- Sunrest
    <Esti Efiu>

+ Reply to Thread