+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So...Bladedancer?

Default So...Bladedancer?

Is there any reason to play BD in pvp anymore over NB/RS? I love the Bladedancer tree but its seems to be severely limited compared to the other options. Its purely melee with only one gap closer, which makes it basically necessary to spec in RS for the mobility and survivability. However, that leaves you without a healing debuff. I mean, I guess it has better AoE capabilities and stronger offensive cooldowns, but its just not putting out for me. What do you guys think?

I've tried a lot of specs, mostly 50/16 or 44/22 variants with points into NB or RS. It just seems to me that every BD spec is outclassed by NB in terms of both survivability and damage unless you have Blade Tempo/Dualism up

Koe

The only thing holding BD back is survivability.

Dodge doesn';t work against 90% of what you'll see in WFs. Not even sidesteps.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

When I tested Bladedancer in Wf it was ineffective because it major flaw encumbered everything about it.
    Bd is supposed to be an 'In your face rogue', yet since almost every Melee class have magic attacks you can't dodge and use your main abilities and reactive abilities that have been boosted to increase your dodge and survivability.

I tried in a duel with a Riftblade, and I couldn't dodge any of his attacks even with Sidesteps up. You can't dodge magical attacks unfortunately, so you are basically a NB withouth survivability, an Assassin withouth stealth.

It's the equivalent of a Parachamp Warrior, a glass cannon.

I've seen some high numbers fly around againt high valor targets due to Deadly strike being really powerfull, yet being blown up in twelve seconds isn't quite interesting.
    Arshaa@Wolfsbane NA
    Arshaa@Bloodiron EU
    <Diefied>T1 10/12 HK 0/10
    What's a cleanse ?

Main drawbacks-

Physical DMg
    Low Survivability
    Too Reliant on 2min cooldown Rythmic abilities for dmg
    Repine

Yeah the reason to play BladeDancer is because its fun and puts some limits on you rather then being in the group of ***** rogues that only play RS / NB. I like NightBlade but when you add Riftstalker to it damn its just to easymode. all Trion has to do is put all the + dmg stuff in Riftstalker up past 30-35 points in RS.. I really could care less if noobs want to play the spec but its killing the game for every other class.. most Rogues will ***** and say that RS / NB is not op and is just fine but that is how you know they are fail and if they use the spec they dont know how to play.. I just hope Trion fixes Riftstalker so it does not make NightBlade god mode.. thank god there are so many **** players out there they suck with that spec anyway but if anyone is even half good they can do some OP ****.. I tried it for 15 mins and couldnt handle being so OP.. a little OP will never hurt anything but Riftstalker with NB is holy ****ing **** OP, if your a MM and know how to play you can purge them into death but other then that a good luck.. **** you RS abuseing *****es you ruin it for the rest of us good rogues..

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeantkeys View Post
    When I tested Bladedancer in Wf it was ineffective because it major flaw encumbered everything about it.
    Bd is supposed to be an 'In your face rogue', yet since almost every Melee class have magic attacks you can't dodge and use your main abilities and reactive abilities that have been boosted to increase your dodge and survivability.

I tried in a duel with a Riftblade, and I couldn't dodge any of his attacks even with Sidesteps up. You can't dodge magical attacks unfortunately, so you are basically a NB withouth survivability, an Assassin withouth stealth.

It's the equivalent of a Parachamp Warrior, a glass cannon.

I've seen some high numbers fly around againt high valor targets due to Deadly strike being really powerfull, yet being blown up in twelve seconds isn't quite interesting.
    That is completely incorrect. Magical melee attacks work exactly like physical attacks. They can be blocked/parried/dodged. The reason you were not dodging anything was his high "+hit" profile that nullified completely your evasion.

THAT is what needs to be fixed.

PvE stat working in PvP is just lol. I am always happy when I see pure PvPers as opponents with 2x r8 weapons + rank 8 ranged weapon. I know I will be defending against them A LOT. When I see an HK PvE weapon I cringe The irony...
    Last edited by Delolith; 10-18-2011 at 05:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    5000 damage reminds me why I started a mage. can't wait to hit 50 and kill lots of players in pvp with my 5000 damage attacks.

Plane Walker

How about 51 BD in PvE?

It seems awesome, if you get synergy crystal I belive you would top any dps.

Put 15 Points in Sin or 10 in Sin and 5 in NB for Atk Power

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Delolith View Post
    That is completely incorrect. Magical melee attacks work exactly like physical attacks. They can be blocked/parried/dodged. The reason you were not dodging anything was his high "+hit" profile that nullified completely your evasion.

THAT is what needs to be fixed.

PvE stat working in PvP is just lol. I am always happy when I see pure PvPers as opponents with 2x r8 weapons + rank 8 ranged weapon. I know I will be defending against them A LOT. When I see an HK PvE weapon I cringe The irony...

HK Weapoins are more scary then R8 Weapon

Undetow Rifle + Full Rank 8 Armor = OMGOMGOMG

Quote Originally Posted by d4bidden View Post
    How about 51 BD in PvE?

It seems awesome, if you get synergy crystal I belive you would top any dps.

Put 15 Points in Sin or 10 in Sin and 5 in NB for Atk Power
    Except you wouldn't be able to attack anyone because you have no mobility, you'd die in about five seconds because you have no survivability, and you still can't kill healers because you don't have a healing debuff.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Xahz View Post
    Except you wouldn't be able to attack anyone because you have no mobility, you'd die in about five seconds because you have no survivability, and you still can't kill healers because you don't have a healing debuff.
    pvEviroment

I've been working on a BD build that works well in WF's for awhile now. There really isn't a great way to make 40+BD work well in warfronts compared to other soul combos. Once you hit R6+ there's a couple that work ok but then you have plenty of other builds available that work a lot better. You could pair it with RS for the extra survivability but by doing this then there is no way to really work in any sort of heal debuff and you are sacrificing a good amount of damage not to mention weapon enhancements which BD is lacking. BD really needs its own set of weapon enhancements along with some sort of armor pen buff added to it. I'm still pursing BD for PVP but it isn't an easy task considering everything else currently available to rogues
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Been playing 51BD/15inf/0rng. Spec works fine, you have to know how to play it. Plenty of burst due to dualism, double coup, blade tempo, blade and soul parity. It is a glass cannon spec, low survivability means you have to pay attention, rather than just facerolling immunities in nb, or spamming fan out with vampiric in mm. Get a healer backing you and you can burst down anything.

Blade and soul parity with dancing steel can literally burst down groups of players.

Dualism and deadly dance can lead to double critting precision strike for 2x3000 dmg, or 2x2500 for quick strike. For those who cant multiply, thats 5-6k dmg in 1 global, aka the majority of a non tank's health bar, and that is going on every other global for 20 seconds.

You have a slow, a charge, and sprint to avoid being kited. If you are getting kited you have ranged attacks from ranger, just like if you were playing 51sin/15inf/0rng. I will admit the spec is prone to being kited, but if the guy is alone you can usually catch him, just dont get tunnel vision and chase into the enemy team.

You have a disarm to handle warriors/rogues/melee clerics. You have an interrupt for casters, a heal debuff(from inf) for healers.

Not all PvPers are wearing hit gear, so contrary to the mighty forum theorycrafters, side steps provides pretty good mitigation if you find yourself getting focused. You have cleanse soul (from inf) for casters. And if the situation really gets bad, you can mass subdue, and sprint back to your group.

You have 2 CC breaks, untangle and break free(inf).

Still topping KBs in warfronts, but then again, so are most rogue specs.
    Aprilswift <Maximation>
    Prestige Rank 8

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilswift View Post
    Still topping KBs in warfronts, but then again, so are most rogue specs.
    and thats one of the issues you have to try so much harder than you should need to to make BD work... almost any spec can work well if you are getting back up heals also. BD is a glass canon but 51 MM/ or 51 Sin are better ones. If BD had its own set of weapon enchantments and an armor pen buff or talent like I mentioned I think it would be a lot more viable 51 point spec
    Last edited by sanosuke; 10-18-2011 at 01:07 PM.
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.

Xsi

While under the effect of any Rhythmic Action, Flash of Steel no longer has a cooldown.

In your face fix.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Quote Originally Posted by Xsi View Post
    While under the effect of any Rhythmic Action, Flash of Steel no longer has a cooldown.

In your face fix.
    that would be a start still needs more but that would be a very welcome addition.. although doing so they prob would have to make it only give 1 combo point not 2
    Last edited by sanosuke; 10-18-2011 at 01:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast