+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Dunharrow
  • 1 Post By Gyle
  • 1 Post By Dunharrow

Thread: Roguetacular

Default Roguetacular

I know this probably gets asked a lot and I apologize, I'm currently new to the Rogue community. I've just recently reach 50 on my rogue as was wondering whats the best ST melee & ranged specs? I don't have a T3 or HK crystal currently, mostly wearing the deathbringer set etc. If anyone could please help that would be awesome and nice to meet the rogue community btw.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Near the top of this page you will see a bar with a text entry field and below it, it says "Advanced Search." Welcome to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Near the top of this page you will see a bar with a text entry field and below it, it says "Advanced Search." Welcome to the internet.
    Awesome, I found the internet and its door greeter! sweet!
    Last edited by Deprived; 10-17-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Rift Disciple

There is also one sticky post in the rogue-forums.
    That sticky post is updated and contains some links to nice guides.

Ignore Dunsparrow, he is our self proclaimed Guru, but i have not found anything he has posted in months to be even remotely worth reading. Mostly its just him fighting with the equally out dated Sozu, or spouting thoroughly opinionated reviews of things that nobody asked for his opinion on. (yes, the irony of posting my unsolicited opinion on this matter is not lost on me)

To actually answer your question, rogues are in a great place right now and there are many different builds that will out perform each other depending on the situation, your gear level, your play style, and your skill level. Best advice i can give is find a post (there are many on this first page) where Hokonoso has posted and take a look at all of the guides he has in his signature and pick a couple that seem interesting to you. He may not have created all of those specs, but his guides are very good for getting a general idea of how the specs work, and you are free to tweak to your hearts content from there.
    Last edited by Gyle; 10-17-2011 at 01:26 PM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Thank you all for the information, much appreciated.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Ignore Dunsparrow, he is our self proclaimed Guru, but i have not found anything he has posted in months to be even remotely worth reading. Mostly its just him fighting with the equally out dated Sozu, or spouting thoroughly opinionated reviews of things that nobody asked for his opinion on. (yes, the irony of posting my unsolicited opinion on this matter is not lost on me)

To actually answer your question, rogues are in a great place right now and there are many different builds that will out perform each other depending on the situation, your gear level, your play style, and your skill level. Best advice i can give is find a post (there are many on this first page) where Hokonoso has posted and take a look at all of the guides he has in his signature and pick a couple that seem interesting to you. He may not have created all of those specs, but his guides are very good for getting a general idea of how the specs work, and you are free to tweak to your hearts content from there.
    Good read. I like the part where you slander me for telling him to do some searching, and then you tell him to do some searching.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Ignore Dunsparrow, he is our self proclaimed Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Good read. I like the part where you slander me for telling him to do some searching, and then you tell him to do some searching.
    *Grab pop corn and a cold beer*

+ Reply to Thread