+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sabdancer still viable?

Default sabdancer still viable?

can someone explain to me why another sabdancer in my guild does around 2.2k on plut (cipher excluded) while i barely do 1.4k? using same build and rotation, 80% of my gear is better, rest of it equivalent, only he is using the hk sword and t3 dagger while i have 2 t3 daggers? checked the parses and his dots just do alot more dmg than mine, even when he still had both t3 daggers, have enough experience in the sabdancer spec to know what im doing, and without even missing a rotation i still do such low dps while i get 1.9k with the mm spec

is there something im missing here? cause i doubt the hk sword will make the spike dot do 600-800 more dmg per tick compared to a t3 dagger
    Last edited by Moloch; 10-17-2011 at 04:13 AM.

Probably your rotation - remember you always need to apply a charge after deadly strike.

Either way, there are better builds out there. I'd take a look around. Sabdancer has less dps potential then other builds plus less aoe and it's terrible at switches.

Quote Originally Posted by Moloch View Post
    can someone explain to me why another sabdancer in my guild does around 2.2k on plut (cipher excluded) while i barely do 1.4k? using same build and rotation, 80% of my gear is better, rest of it equivalent, only he is using the hk sword and t3 dagger while i have 2 t3 daggers? checked the parses and his dots just do alot more dmg than mine, even when he still had both t3 daggers, have enough experience in the sabdancer spec to know what im doing, and without even missing a rotation i still do such low dps while i get 1.9k with the mm spec

is there something im missing here? cause i doubt the hk sword will make the spike dot do 600-800 more dmg per tick compared to a t3 dagger
    90% of your dps comes from your mainhand, the rest and i mean rest of your gear is all for stats, so basically he has 2 tiers worth of gear better than you (relic then hk) and should be doing 400+ more dps. the rest is probably coming from the fact that he is using full consumables and you are most likely not.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread