+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 38 NB / 28 RS PVP Help

Soulwalker

Default 38 NB / 28 RS PVP Help

Hello my fellow rogues! So I'm having a certain problem in PVP at the moment. First of all I'd like to say that I do not have "huge" experience when it comes to what other classes can do, since i've only played a rogue and all the callings. I use to be a huge PVP nerd in WoW, and I knew everything a class could do.

I just haven't had the time to learn what other classes can do at the moment. Anyways getting to the point my build is from
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-pvp-spec.html

I've been having problems against mages who are warlocks for example, and certain clerics I believe. Some of these classes do not cast any spells at all, and end up going from 20% hp to full without any casts. I end up dying after using every trick in my book. What am I suppose to do?

Also I fought a warlock; we fought each other, he would always heal to full, i'd bring him back down, and eventually it got to the point where he won when we were both at about 5% so it was a close match.

I'm in P3, almost 4 gear, and I run 29 DPS swords. I keep my "shifting" buffs up always, and I interrupt certain things from the warlock, but i dont know what should be priority #1.

So my question is how am I suppose to kill classes that heal themselves without even casting anything? Fellblades is always up

Well, in my experience killing high rank healers in this spec isn't worth the effort unless they are the only healer for a group(diverts attention). First thing I do is port into a group, hit RD for lots of debuff love everywhere, then port to the nearest MM..then handle any threats to my own teams' healer(s). You kinda have to be aware that outside of your Ebon Fury CD, you are mainly a battlefield distraction. But I'm not a twitch master, so I'm sure there are plenty of folks who could chime in with more input. That all said, I've found the best way to kill healers is to recruit a MM buddy to keep them purged while you melt them.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

This spec, and almost all other nightblade specs isn't a straight-up healer killer. You're sacrificing a lot of damage for mobility/reduction/self healing. If you're outgeared (which, at rank 3, you probably are) you won't be killing much of anything. However the best utilty you can provide is a constant healing debuff, and the damage you soak that could hit your healers.

If you find that your team isn't focusing and can't beat the opponents in a group, run solo. This spec had loads of solo capability.
    ~Quiescent

Soulwalker

What about when it comes to 1v1 in world pvp? I'm usually killing certain classes easily, such as rogue MM, but getting very close to killing warlocks and losing. Not sure why everyone says rogues steamroll everyone.

EzD
    Telaran

You seem to have the right ideas down, it sounds like you're suffering from gear differences. I should know, I'm R4 and am just starting to get a little power, like you, however, R6,7,8 will eat you like you're a doughnut just because of the gear difference.

It takes a team effort to take those guys out when you're low rank, so don't feel bad if you can't solo a warlock

+ Reply to Thread