+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why do people say Gun is best Range Weapon

Plane Walker

Default Why do people say Gun is best Range Weapon

^^?

Why do people say gun is better? Its not worth it getting planar attunment on bow :S?

There's not much difference really. Bullets don't leave a trail but that's only an advantage against solo heroes who have their view zoomed all the way in or people who for whatever reason have their sound set to mono.

Bows leave a trail but don't make a huge booming sound so it's hard to hear where the shot came from without a headset but you can always see where.

Your team will be calling out MMs on vent anyway so any advantage given by either weapon is only trivial when up against a group with half a brain.
    Lilisette High Elven Rogue - Argent EU | Laretha: High Elven Cleric - Argent EU
    Rahal: High Elven Warrior - Argent EU | Lilaeath: High Elven Mage - Argent EU
    If any fellow Roleplayers want to meet up to RP, let me know.

Travel time on bow shots is longer than gun shots, also, bis ranged weapon is a gun.

(Gear)

Forgot about the BiS thing, thanks for reminding me.
    Lilisette High Elven Rogue - Argent EU | Laretha: High Elven Cleric - Argent EU
    Rahal: High Elven Warrior - Argent EU | Lilaeath: High Elven Mage - Argent EU
    If any fellow Roleplayers want to meet up to RP, let me know.

Double Barreled Problem Solver, and relic gun are the reason to have gun mastery. The bows from HK blow, the guns are way better. Also, the gun from AP is just as good if not better than the bow from RD, and the gun from the Saga quest is the best T1 ranged item short of the relic bows. IMO guns are better, but if you have a relic bow, and don't expect to be getting a problem solver any time soon, Bow might be the best PA route.
    Last edited by Gyle; 10-15-2011 at 12:37 PM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Plane Walker

Whats BiS?

Also what about PvP Bow compared to Problem Solver?

Guns make the same sound as a bow now after 1.5. They really are much much stealthier now :O
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-15-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by d4bidden View Post
    Whats BiS?

Also what about PvP Bow compared to Problem Solver?
    BiS is best in slot

The problem solver is better then the pvp bow because of the hit. It's one of the few places you can get a large amount of hit without losing valor in exchange.

I have the R8 bow so I'm using my PA for bow since the chance when I get into HK that it drops I get it is slim to none since helping a guildie go from a 44 to a 55 dps weapon is more important then just giving me some hit and it not even being a dps upgrade.

I do want it though.
    Last edited by Raitoken; 10-15-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Raitoken Rank 8 Rogue | Octuris Rank 2 Mage
    Member of <The Fallen Sons>, Freeholme Server

I have the R8 bow so I'm using my PA for bow since the chance when I get into HK that it drops I get it is slim to none since helping a guildie go from a 44 to a 55 dps weapon is more important then just giving me some hit and it not even being a dps upgrade.
    Man, you guys are gonna have fun on Akylios! Hope you specced in banner of precision!

i think mathematically guns have 4 more dps than bows due to travel time.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Travel time on Bows blows. I've been using one for a while now (the GSB Artifact *kicks HK trash*) and I can't tell you how many times i've missed a shadow fire or finisher cause the mob died while it was on the way even though the spell cast before the mob died.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=523710&dateline=13203  03557
    Jhaded - 50 Rogue - Enigma, Faeblight
    If all that is good thinks you are evil, are you?
    I think, therefore we have nothing in common.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    i think mathematically guns have 4 more dps than bows due to travel time.

///// 12/20/11 /////

only important part of this response from the infamous Hoko

Plane Walker

LFG EU Guild to get me Double Barrel Problem Solver X.X

My server is DEAD QQQ

Quote Originally Posted by d4bidden View Post
    ^^?

Why do people say gun is better? Its not worth it getting planar attunment on bow :S?
    In pvp there are situations where you can flank the enemy group or a single target without them noticing you. People tent to get a tunnel view on the enemies in front and assume all the damage they get comes from them. Bows are useless in these kind of situations since they can see the arrow animations.

Here and example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlf7v3E6GOE
    watch from 6:30

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sonet View Post
    In pvp there are situations where you can flank the enemy group or a single target without them noticing you. People tent to get a tunnel view on the enemies in front and assume all the damage they get comes from them. Bows are useless in these kind of situations since they can see the arrow animations.

Here and example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlf7v3E6GOE
    watch from 6:30
    Yeah, because, abilities never leave a trail behind. So I assume you're autoattacking all the time so they can't see where you're firing from? ;)
    Last edited by Mandarb; 10-16-2011 at 04:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast