+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PvE 28 Rng - 38 MM - 0 RS v2 Build - Optimized

Default PvE 28 Rng - 38 MM - 0 RS v2 Build - Optimized

Hello, I suck at writing guides so I generally don't, but this build has been overlooked so I thought I should write something up.

Build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...kRo.ghx0V0AudR

Buffs:

Electified and Rending

This is the basis, you can also tweak the build depending on your preference. I'm not sure if Sharpshooter does anything at all and you can take longer range, or take On the Double if you feel you don't like the extra range.

The point of the build is AoE - it is the best Rogue aoe in game atm. For single target encounters I usually switch to MM or if an encounter is not pet friendly, but use this build if ever there's more then one mob.

The single target dps of the build is slightly lower then 51 MM (whetstones don't effect your pet and 51 MM gets a bigger boost from them) so it slightly falls behind raid buffed, on the dummy with 3/3 prey and on the weak and no whetstones it's the same. 2/3 Prey on the Weak also only works raid buffed, so if you're testing the spec on the dummy you'll have to max it out at 3/3 taking a point out of doubleshot. I'm also considering dropping crippling now that I have the MM crystal, but still testing it.

Macros:

Combo Builders

#show quick shot
    petcast rend
    petcast bite
    cast piercing shot
    cast crippling shot
    cast quick shot

#show shadow fire
    petcast rend
    petcast bite
    cast shadow fire

#show empowered shot (only to be used if 2/4 HK or 4/4 T1 raid)
    petcast rend
    petcast bite
    cast empowered shot

#show stafe
    petcast rend
    petcast bite
    cast strafe

Finishers

#show rapid fire shot
    petcast rend
    petcast bite
    cast rapid fire shot
    cast deadeye shot

#show head shot
    petcast rend
    petcast bite
    cast head shot

Normal Rotation:

Shadowfire - combo builders - Head Shot
    Strafe - rapid fire
    combo - rapid fire

Continue refreshing shadowfire and headshot for the buffs.

HK 2/4 rotation:

Shadowfire - combo builders - Headshot
    Strafe - rapid fire
    empowered - combo builder - rapid fire

Similar with maintaining headshot and shadowfire. When Strafe comes off CD use headshot for a finisher then strafe to build back up to 5, then MM finisher to be able to use empowered as an instant again.

AoE - The strength of the Build

#show trick shot
    petcast rend
    petcast bite
    cast lightning fury
    cast trick shot

#show concussive blast
    petcast rend
    petcast bite
    cast concussive blast

Rotation:

Shadowfire - trick spam - headshot
    trick spam - concussive blast

If there are 4 or less mobs then also throw in rapid fire shot or headshot (if 2 of less) when you're at 5 combo points. If there are more then 5 mobs:

Shadowfire - trick shot spam - headshot
    Rain of arrows spam

Results? Parsed almost 4k on Matron, parse as high as clerics in aoe encounters. Highest aoe dps build for rogues by far. Similar to MM too, in fact use the MM synergy crystal instead of the Ranger crystal. Ranger is only for aoe abilities since MM aoe is pretty bad... yes, lightning fury and fan out is bad aoe comparatively.
    Last edited by Mayi; 10-15-2011 at 06:10 AM.

I may test this out. Seems like it might be very useful for Matron and Zilas. If only i had 10 roles
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    I may test this out. Seems like it might be very useful for Matron and Zilas. If only i had 10 roles
    I have the same issue - I feel like I would be best off using a melee build on Grug and Molinar. That means using this build it's 2 ranged, 1 melee, Estrode and Bard.

Parsed it out on Sicaron last night - with my gear I parsed 2700. MM pulls just over 3k for me (only at 3/4 HK) so the single target isn't that much of a hit for a good aoe build. I use it on trash as well.

Best thing about the build though, it uses the MM Synergy crystal which means you don't have to waste a crystal to test it out.
    Last edited by Mayi; 10-17-2011 at 04:07 AM.

DB1

1st. Use the rng crystal with SF&SS
    2nd. take the 3 out double shot and put them in blood rage
    3rd. take the 3 out sharp shooter and put 2 in master hunts and 1 in the raptor.
    4th throw 2 in unseen fury for 6% ap.
    Last edited by DB1; 10-17-2011 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DB1 View Post
    3rd. take the 3 out sharp shooter and put 2 in master hunts and 1 in the raptor.
    5th, now you are a ranger, congrats! no this is a marksman build not a ranger build, 38mm mandatory for marksman builds, want an optimized ranger build? check my sig.

this is also an aoe marksman build, but i find 51mm to beat everyone else as the rotation is so easy, shadow fire > headshot > lf/fo spam for 25s then repeat, sustaining over 5k aoe very easily for 8 targets while having max single target dps. rain of arrows is the key to matron however...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by DB1 View Post
    Hum, you haven't parsed out the builds.

1. Ranger crystal isn't as much of a dps increase as the MM crystal
    2. Blood rage is one of the worst talents in ranger. It progressively gets better the higher in ranger you are, might be decent 45+ points or so... not sure, higher Ranger builds aren't good.
    3. Sharp shooter might be broken and isn't a good talent, but 38 MM passive is a higher dps increase then master huntsman and the raptor combined.
    4. Extra ap is always good, but it's been my experience that the passives in ranger and MM to weapon damage are better, if you're picking up good abilities.

I'm not closed minded, I'll check it out though. Sounds similar to Sozu's though, which is about 200 or more less dps single target.

In regards to MM, there's another rogue in guild who's very good and plays MM reguarly. I don't think he's ever outdpsed me in an aoe encounter... maybe a couple of times in 10 second pulls, that's it. With 1 button I doubt he's doing something wrong either... I'm usually 500-1k higher.
    Last edited by Mayi; 10-17-2011 at 07:14 AM.

Champion of Telara

Indeed, Matron is almost unbeatable with Rain of Arrows.

Damn, one thing I forgot to add.

Weapon damage does not increase electrified munitions damage, only flat % increases to all damage. The effect is MM mixed with assassin and ranger become more effective once you have the 4/4 HK crystal.

Translation - this build scales well with electified munitions despite not having the 51 MM muntion that increases damage all damage by 20%. It doesn't get the 20% electified muntions damage increase, but does get 15%.

It won't beat 51 MM single target, but it scales.
    Last edited by Mayi; 10-17-2011 at 07:26 AM.

Rift Disciple

Bumping this to give Mayi some props.

This build is performing very well for me for Akylios progression, maintaining 3-3.3k DPS 8 minutes into the encounter.

Perfect spec to use if your guild is lacking in AoE add control, but ahead on single target (Jornaru) DPS.
    Trephination [Rogue] | Somali [Mage] | Defiant @ Deepstrike | <Waiting on Diablo>

Quote Originally Posted by Trephination View Post

This build is performing very well for me for Akylios progression, maintaining 3-3.3k DPS 8 minutes into the encounter.

Perfect spec to use if your guild is lacking in AoE add control, but ahead on single target (Jornaru) DPS.
    Bumping because this may be the first time i'v seen treph post!
    Bandita of <Maximation>
    :::: HAMMERKNELL 11/11 ::::
    Prestige Rank 8 Rogue
    Previously: Blackops of <Learn To Play> @ Freeholme

Quote Originally Posted by Trephination View Post

Awesome, that's what I designed it for. When 1.5 was first on PTS I was in was on Akylios and was looking for a build that would perform well in that encounter. Since 1.5 I haven't seen Akylios yet with my new guild so haven't had a chance to test it out.

For Akylios:
    - don't forget if you do get nailed with a wave on the final platform you can port through with Riftstalker
    - someone said the jumpback ability in MM works as well.
    - with a ~40-50 sec timer on waves that means you can get a save on the majoirty of waves, should make learning the encounter a lot easier
    - don't forget about rapid fire shot. I'd use it on Jonauru throughout the encounter when you're at 5 combo points to help push phases.
    - should be pretty good 2 target dps for last phase on Jonauru and Akylios. I'd probably also throw in headshots on Akylios too depending on how your guild does it. We always had more dps on Jonauru then Akylios.

since i have a spare slot i may start using this for matron, zilas and later akyllios since the aoe is so win.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    since i have a spare slot i may start using this for matron, zilas and later akyllios since the aoe is so win.
    Agreed, I think this might be the best spec a rogue can run for those 3 fights, especially if you are already using 4-piece MM synergy.

Like Mayi said, the RS blink is essentially a get-out-of-jail-free when it comes to dodging waves on Akylios. It has already saved me multiple times!

You can also adjust exactly how much of your DPS goes towards single target and AoE with this spec, by simply mixing in trick shots on your main target and ending with single target finishers. This lets you control HP% very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Locovato View Post
    Bumping because this may be the first time i'v seen treph post!
    Sup Blackops! Saw you, Abs, and Neown on the Maximation stream the other night. Good stuff man! I didn't realize Neonspyder was in Maxi too - I used to play HoN with him and his buddy Deadly.
    Last edited by Trephination; 10-18-2011 at 07:19 AM.
    Trephination [Rogue] | Somali [Mage] | Defiant @ Deepstrike | <Waiting on Diablo>

if im not mistaken, trick shot hits harder than quick shot so spamming it can still maintain near the same ST dps if you count the QS dot ticking.

Shadowlander

Correction Mayi, you have petcast Rend in all your macros and I believe it should be petcast Maul for the wolf if I'm not mistaken :P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast