+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best rogue aoe dps spec?

Default Best rogue aoe dps spec?

Whats the current best rogue AoE DPS build?

28rng-38mm by far.... which reminds me, I was going to write up a guide... guess I should now that the server's down.

I would say that depends on the situation and what you're trying to accomplish.

The highest sustained aoe dps is probably going to be some form of MM/Ranger. and honestly I'd bet just full on 51MM/15 Ranger isn't very far behind any sort of hybrid marksmen, plus it is going to be your highest single target dps.

but if you want just barely lower sustained aoe, even more massive burst with cooldowns, and don't care too much about single target then I would say 51 Night Blade / 15 Blade Dancer. Now that weapon flare generates a combo point it can gain the 105% dmg increase from deadly strike, and a 45% bonus from attack power from Enkindle. I find it hits for about 400-600 normally, then 900-1100 for the first 3 after a deadly strike. Also, Living Flame is a beast of a cooldown when you have a big pack, and want them all to die right now. 500-800 dmg per tick to 8 targets, and it isn't a channel, you hit 1 global cooldown and it keeps going for 5 seconds.

I can out DPS a MM in AoE dps with Blink-Blade, pretty much 100% of the time, but i still think our top AoE build is Sabo or Sabdancer. Probably Sabdancer, but i don't play it any more so im not sure. MM or Blink-Blade have very solid AoE dps though, i prefer Blink-Blade personally.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

MMs can do some good sustained AoE damage but it does cause an issue in raids as Lightning Fury overwrites the Warrior's Armour debuff with a bad one. While LF, Fan Out and Crossfire are all air damage and aren't effected, you are actually causing a raid-wide DPS loss by macroing Lightning Fury.

Sabdancer still does good AoE damage. Not tried Blinkblade yet personally.
    Lilisette High Elven Rogue - Argent EU | Laretha: High Elven Cleric - Argent EU
    Rahal: High Elven Warrior - Argent EU | Lilaeath: High Elven Mage - Argent EU
    If any fellow Roleplayers want to meet up to RP, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    I can out DPS a MM in AoE dps with Blink-Blade, pretty much 100% of the time, but i still think our top AoE build is Sabo or Sabdancer. Probably Sabdancer, but i don't play it any more so im not sure. MM or Blink-Blade have very solid AoE dps though, i prefer Blink-Blade personally.
    depends on # of mobs, with the nerfs to mm, they are not #1 dps for 3-5 mobs anymore, blink'blade beats it, but for 6-8 mobs mm starts to pull ahead again with the ranger variant winning 10+ mobs, but for cleaving, nothing is beating twin strike with deadly dance that the blink'blade has to offer. nightblade isnt far behind with an added bonus it hits 8 mobs.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

I didn't realize what garbage blinkblade is in raids until I actually gave it a go. Its horrible beyond imagining and shouldn't even be considered a raid spec. Its great how it beats up the dummy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    I didn't realize what garbage blinkblade is in raids until I actually gave it a go. Its horrible beyond imagining and shouldn't even be considered a raid spec. Its great how it beats up the dummy though.
    Did 3k dps on Sicaron with Blinkblade, with only 2 pieces of HK gear, one tank dagger (matron) and the gloves from Zilas. This was 10 days ago (Wednesday's Clear), this week I was testing out a nb spec, which I 'only' did 2.6k in. (Using 4pc bonus from rT1 crystal both times, and the same gear otherwise).
    Last edited by Rizz; 10-15-2011 at 09:37 AM.
    Rathi@Gelidra <Invictus>
    IRotP: Conqueror | NM TD: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Rizz View Post
    Did 3k dps on Sicaron with Blinkblade, with only 2 pieces of HK gear, one tank dagger (matron) and the gloves from Zilas. This was 10 days ago (Wednesday's Clear), this week I was testing out a nb spec, which I 'only' did 2.6k in. (Using 4pc bonus from rT1 crystal both times, and the same gear otherwise).
    using perfect rotations, blink'blade without crystal still beats nb for me by 200dps, new addons make blink'blade even easier to do giving it a bigger edge, ill keep it for a little while longer.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    You are doing it wrong.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

You guys should go out and test this stuff on a dummy, I don't know why people theorize about it and try to max single target dps. It sounds like a lot of you are just guessing. There are only 2 pure single target encounters in HK, aoe is just as important or more important if you consider aoe is a bonus on 7/11.

It's no comparison:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...optimized.html

This build beats all other rogue aoe dps by far. Sabdancer got nerfed with the shrapnel charge nerf, it's no longer close to a top aoe build. Testing on just the 3 dummy it's:

28rng-38mm - 3200
    51mm-15assn - 2800
    Sabdancer - 2700
    51mm-15rng - 2700
    44sab - 2600
    Nightblade - ~1200
    Bladedancer - ~1200

I can't remember the exact numbers on nightblade or bladedancer, all I remember is serated blades procs (or did it's hard to keep track of all the changes) on all targets with dual strike. I haven't parsed out blinkblade, don't want to devote a build to it so didn't bother testing.
    Last edited by Mayi; 10-15-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Champion

Wouldn't 49mm/17 sin beat out 51mm/15sin on AoE? It would lose 20% on a single target from not having silver-tip but the 20% crit bonus to everything should surpass that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    depends on # of mobs, with the nerfs to mm, they are not #1 dps for 3-5 mobs anymore, blink'blade beats it, but for 6-8 mobs mm starts to pull ahead again with the ranger variant winning 10+ mobs, but for cleaving, nothing is beating twin strike with deadly dance that the blink'blade has to offer. nightblade isnt far behind with an added bonus it hits 8 mobs.
    Also depends somewhat on the lifespan of mobs. Serrated blades is a big enough contributor to many melee AoE specs that you do see a bit of difference if the full stacks build up versus those mobs dropping too fast for that to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    You guys should go out and test this stuff on a dummy, I don't know why people theorize about it and try to max single target dps. It sounds like a lot of you are just guessing. There are only 2 pure single target encounters in HK, aoe is just as important or more important if you consider aoe is a bonus on 7/11.

It's no comparison:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...optimized.html

This build beats all other rogue aoe dps by far. Sabdancer got nerfed with the shrapnel charge nerf, it's no longer close to a top aoe build. Testing on just the 3 dummy it's:

28rng-38mm - 3200
    51mm-15assn - 2800
    Sabdancer - 2700
    51mm-15rng - 2700
    44sab - 2600
    Nightblade - ~1200
    Bladedancer - ~1200

I can't remember the exact numbers on nightblade or bladedancer, all I remember is serated blades procs (or did it's hard to keep track of all the changes) on all targets with dual strike. I haven't parsed out blinkblade, don't want to devote a build to it so didn't bother testing.
    if ur only doing 1200 on nightblade and 1200 on bladedancer you are doing it wrong and did not spend much time perfecting your rotation.

my #s using the hk relics on pts before patch came out

mm - 3800 (note before the nerfs to silver tip)
    blink'blade - 3500
    nightblade - 3000
    sabdancer - 2800
    46sab - 2800

i did not test any other builds on 3man dummy, but i did many tests to get the perfect rotations, nightblade dmg went up the longer the fight was due to smoldering blades, tended to settle around 3k tho and starting around 2800.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    if ur only doing 1200 on nightblade and 1200 on bladedancer you are doing it wrong and did not spend much time perfecting your rotation.

my #s using the hk relics on pts before patch came out

mm - 3800 (note before the nerfs to silver tip)
    blink'blade - 3500
    nightblade - 3000
    sabdancer - 2800
    46sab - 2800

i did not test any other builds on 3man dummy, but i did many tests to get the perfect rotations, nightblade dmg went up the longer the fight was due to smoldering blades, tended to settle around 3k tho and starting around 2800.
    Electrified used to proc on every mob with fan out and lightning fury, that's why it used to parse so high. It was overpowered and got nerfed. It's now about the same as sabdancer.

Nightblade I didn't spend too much time on... but I'm surprised you parsed that high. I didn't know Blinkblade has that much aoe potential, I'll take a look at it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast