+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Proc Rate of Bestial Fury

Soulwalker

Default Proc Rate of Bestial Fury

Has anyone else noticed Bestial Fury not proccing like it should? Case in point: I have noticed that once I have 5 CP's up and hit Head Shot that Bestial Fury would not come up on my buff Bar. I have also seen where I would have it up, it would time out and go away. On the next Head Shot it should come up but does not. I have to do another full rotation, sometimes 2, for it to proc again.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Rend.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rendicia View Post
    Has anyone else noticed Bestial Fury not proccing like it should? Case in point: I have noticed that once I have 5 CP's up and hit Head Shot that Bestial Fury would not come up on my buff Bar. I have also seen where I would have it up, it would time out and go away. On the next Head Shot it should come up but does not. I have to do another full rotation, sometimes 2, for it to proc again.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Rend.
    Are you using one or two points in the talent?

If the target dies after you cast Head Shot, but before the skill actually hits and does damage, you don't get the buff.

Soulwalker

2 points into Bestial Fury in my Ranger Spec. And this is on Elite mobs that don't die quick.

Rend.

Rift Disciple

I've never noticed it not proccing

Never noticed this, but I'm generally not staring at my buff bar when playing. I'll look out for it.

Soulwalker

I definetely noticed it not going up as it should during the River Of Souls raid last night. I submitted a ticket and hopefully others will as well.

Rend.

Rift Master

Are you sure you're not mistaking this buff for "Prey on the Weak"? I have never had Bestial Fury not proccing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandarb View Post
    Are you sure you're not mistaking this buff for "Prey on the Weak"? I have never had Bestial Fury not proccing.
    ^^^ i use the nkrebuff tool as well and it has never failed to alert me that i have the buff after using headshot (be it 1cp-5cp) the buff always shows up with 2/2 in the talent.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

I've never seen it fail on headshot.

But, especially when tanking, I am often frustrated that I swear I hit my finisher before the mob died, but I don't get my finisher buff. I've always assumed it was misperception from latency or something. If the finisher isn't the killing blow, it never fails to give the buff ime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulch View Post
    I've never seen it fail on headshot.

But, especially when tanking, I am often frustrated that I swear I hit my finisher before the mob died, but I don't get my finisher buff. I've always assumed it was misperception from latency or something. If the finisher isn't the killing blow, it never fails to give the buff ime.
    use a gun, only bows seem to have the lag if u use it before the mob dies :P
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Telaran

Are you being missed/dodged? Is the mob immune?

You yourself are obviously doing something incorrect as the general consensus is that it's working fine.

Soulwalker

No no no, not being missed not being dodged. It must be the Bow. I am using a bow so I wonder if that is the problem. Thing is it shouldn't be. I shouldn't have to use a gun to get the same effects.

I will do further testing but maybe I am getting it. However the buff is not always displayed on the buff window. I will see if there is an addon I can get that can track buffs.

Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendicia View Post
    No no no, not being missed not being dodged. It must be the Bow. I am using a bow so I wonder if that is the problem. Thing is it shouldn't be. I shouldn't have to use a gun to get the same effects.

I will do further testing but maybe I am getting it. However the buff is not always displayed on the buff window. I will see if there is an addon I can get that can track buffs.

Rend.
    sorry, using a bow in this game is like using an apple product in real life. guns or pcs or get out
    Last edited by Hokonoso; 10-19-2011 at 04:35 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    sorry, using a bow in this game is like using an apple product in real life. guns or pcs or get out

LOL it's funny. But anywho I found the cause. I was using your macro for Headshot all the time. (I am using your Ranger spec, love it btw.) The line for Rapid Fire would hit before head shot alot thus causing it to go on CD. After a couple of Rotations Rapid Fire was ready and thus causing the issue. I have since modified my rotation and Ta Da! Problem solved.

Rend.

+ Reply to Thread