+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Paikis
  • 1 Post By Wifeagro

Thread: Rogue Dev...?

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,674

    Default Rogue Dev...?

    I doubt there will be a dev response to this. I actually would be pleasantly surprised.

    I was just wondering if we have one? If we do have one, and if said Dev choses to respond, I'd like to know a few things.

    Where have you been?
    Why do I never see any responses from you?
    Are you just not a forum person?
    What are you working on?
    Is there anything we can do to help? Any testing we can do? On what?

    The rogue community can probably be considered as a free lab assistant. You say you want parses of us doing x and I'll go parse it, I know alot of other people will too.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

    I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

  3. #3
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    Where have you been?
    Why do I never see any responses from you?
    Are you just not a forum person?
    What are you working on?
    Is there anything we can do to help? Any testing we can do? On what?
    Where have you been? - Doing the million changes to the Rogue souls and working his/her *** off
    Why do I never see any responses from you? - He/She's busy crunching numbers and not slacking off reading forums. Plus, he/she doesn't like you (jk).
    Are you just not a forum person? - Obvious not a poster
    What are you working on? - Tracking changes, or taking a rest after working his/her *** off
    Is there anything we can do to help? Any testing we can do? On what? - Don't hide builds on private forums looking for a cheap advantage and post constructive feedback

    I'd always rather someone who produces over a talker who promises and talks but never delivers. After 1.5, I'd say they did a good job and will defend the dev against anyone who tries to bash the Dev (not saying you were, just in general).
    Last edited by Mayi; 10-15-2011 at 05:12 AM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    The DPS changes were good, the tanking changes seemed to miss the point (but were still good). AoE agro wasn't an issue, mitigation was. What we needed was more armor, what we got was over the top AoE agro.

    If our dev was conversing with us, we would have been able to tell him/her that actually we needed more armor.

    Im not saying the dev (if there is one) is doing a bad job, it just seems that he/she is a little out of touch...? Maybe thats just me though.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

    I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    I've heard that their intent for tanking was to look at all 3 tanking classes at the same time in 1.6, but I can't confirm it. That would be the most logical approach though, rogue dps souls essentially compete against each other for top spot and the issue was 'whah wah I have to play sabdancer' before 1.5. With tanks it's 'we have to use X class tanks because the other ones suck'.

    The state of tanks atm are weird... clerics seem to sorta suck with poor gear but scale incredibly, so become awesome tanks when they're well geared. Warrior tanks are great but scale poorly. Rogue tanks... they all quit or switched to dps so I have no idea how they perform now, which is funny because before HK everyone had a rogue MT.

    I think tanking changes are coming down the pipeline, but I don't know for sure.
    Last edited by Mayi; 10-15-2011 at 05:23 AM.

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara Efaicia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Where have you been? - Doing the million changes to the Rogue souls and working his/her *** off
    Why do I never see any responses from you? - He/She's busy crunching numbers and not slacking off reading forums. Plus, he/she doesn't like you (jk).
    Are you just not a forum person? - Obvious not a poster
    What are you working on? - Tracking changes, or taking a rest after working his/her *** off
    Is there anything we can do to help? Any testing we can do? On what? - Don't hide builds on private forums looking for a cheap advantage and post constructive feedback

    I'd always rather someone who produces over a talker who promises and talks but never delivers. After 1.5, I'd say they did a good job and will defend the dev against anyone who tries to bash the Dev (not saying you were, just in general).
    The dev completely ignored bard, maybe he/she/they did a good job for ranged dps, but rogue is more than ranged dps, so don't go saying the job that was done is all that was needed. More tank changes seem to be on the horizon with 1.6, but again, completely ignoring the bard.
    There is never feedback, no matter the begging and pleading from us full time bards, not even a "We're happy with where bards are" or "Changes may be in store for the bard soul in the future."
    Personaly I am very disgruntled with the Dev as well. To the point now where I've stopped caring and worked more towards gearing my Godmode toon (cleric), because they offer support that isnt negated the higher your raids gear becomes.
    Last edited by Efaicia; 10-15-2011 at 05:24 AM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post
    The dev completely ignored bard, maybe he/she/they did a good job for ranged dps, but rogue is more than ranged dps, so don't go saying the job that was done is all that was needed. More tank changes seem to be on the horizon with 1.6, but again, completely ignoring the bard.
    There is never feedback, no matter the begging and pleading from us full time bards, not even a "We're happy with where bards are" or "Changes may be in store for the bard soul in the future."
    Personaly I am very disgruntled with the Dev as well. To the point now where I've stopped caring and worked more towards gearing my Godmode toon (cleric), because they offer support that isnt negated the higher your raids gear becomes.
    Well... at first my PTS feedback was don't buff bard to be a better healer because they were implementing cleric changes with 1.5 and clerics were all QQing. Now I agree the soul does need to be looked at.

    With decent gear I can parse like 1500 hps and surpass clerics on encounters like Sicaron (where they're cleansing). Bard would be difficult to balance imo, you can't allow them to heal for more then clerics because it would create issues, especially since cleric dps is so poor atm and easily the least brought class to raids. Allow them to be outshone in healing by a rogue and it'll cause massive issues - like only bring clerics for MT healing and cures.

    I'd bet they're allowing changes to set it, then see what they can do with bard to make it a better class. A more thorough overhaul would be best instead of just playing with numbers. Issue with bard is most people find it boring - which can't be fixed with changing the values on cadence or reducing CDs, etc... It's a game, and people want fun. People finding the class boring is a bigger issue then effectiveness, hps or dps.
    Last edited by Mayi; 10-15-2011 at 05:33 AM.

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara Efaicia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Well... at first my PTS feedback was don't buff bard to be a better healer because they were implementing cleric changes with 1.5 and clerics were all QQing. Now I agree the soul does need to be looked at.

    With decent gear I can parse like 1500 hps and surpass clerics on encounters like Sicaron (where they're cleansing). Bard would be difficult to balance imo, you can't allow them to heal for more then clerics because it would create issues, especially since cleric dps is so poor atm and easily the least brought class to raids. Allow them to be outshone in healing by a rogue and it'll cause massive issues.


    I'd bet they're allowing changes to set it, then see what they can do with bard to make it a better class. A more thorough overhaul would be best instead of just playing with numbers. Issue with bard is most people find it boring - which can't be fixed with changing the values on cadence or reducing CDs, etc... It's a game, and people want fun. People finding the class boring is a bigger issue then effectiveness, hps or dps.
    I never wanted a healing or dps increase for bard, what I (and others) wanted was scaling and more procced buffs like resonance.

    I realy like the idea of twisting songs to accomplsih the resonance like procs, where we would have to think about the order and timing of the application of our buffs. I do not like cadencecadencecadence motifmotifmotifmotifmotif mindless spam all night long, nor does anyone else who picked up bard thinking it was going to be a decent, interesting, fun, (like other games), needed full time (like every other role) class to play.

    Bard is STILL the very last one in raid to take gear because it is near useless on them and would be a much higher benefit to the raid to have your dps geared. The only thing anyone brings a bard for are (maybe) resonance, energy and runspeed, none of which scale at all.
    Last edited by Efaicia; 10-15-2011 at 05:49 AM.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post
    I never wanted a healing or dps increase for bard, what I (and others) wanted was scaling and more procced buffs like resonance.

    I realy like the idea of twisting songs to accomplsih the resonance like procs, where we would have to think about the order and timing of the application of our buffs. I do not like cadencecadencecadence motifmotifmotifmotifmotif mindless spam all night long, nor does anyone else who picked up bard thinking it was going to be a decent, interesting, fun, (like other games), needed full time (like every other role) class to play.

    Bard is STILL the very last one in raid to take gear because it is near useless on them and would be a much higher benefit to the raid to have your dps geared. The only thing anyone brings a bard for are (maybe) resonance, energy and runspeed, none of which scale at all.
    I agree completely. It would be nice if they made it so taking 2 bards would be viable on certain encounters too, like ones where you use runspeed. Then you can have fervor and runspeed up.

    Biggest issue imo for bards is your job is to buff, then keep motifs up and cadence spam. It's more about not dying then the feeling of really contributing.

  10. #10
    Champion Wifeagro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Well... at first my PTS feedback was don't buff bard to be a better healer because they were implementing cleric changes with 1.5 and clerics were all QQing. Now I agree the soul does need to be looked at.

    With decent gear I can parse like 1500 hps and surpass clerics on encounters like Sicaron (where they're cleansing). Bard would be difficult to balance imo, you can't allow them to heal for more then clerics because it would create issues, especially since cleric dps is so poor atm and easily the least brought class to raids. Allow them to be outshone in healing by a rogue and it'll cause massive issues - like only bring clerics for MT healing and cures.

    I'd bet they're allowing changes to set it, then see what they can do with bard to make it a better class. A more thorough overhaul would be best instead of just playing with numbers. Issue with bard is most people find it boring - which can't be fixed with changing the values on cadence or reducing CDs, etc... It's a game, and people want fun. People finding the class boring is a bigger issue then effectiveness, hps or dps.
    Peronally I think bard needs a revamp.extend the cc on its verses . The dps I abyssmal but I don't disagree with that, bard buffing needs a complete overhaul remove the damn 30 econd cast and give a choice of three actives. Let the carpal tunnel come from heals or trying to dps.
    The one thing missing from the bard is a charm . Historicaly bards charm things it would help make a viable dps spec for a bard

  11. #11
    Champion Wifeagro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post
    I never wanted a healing or dps increase for bard, what I (and others) wanted was scaling and more procced buffs like resonance.

    I realy like the idea of twisting songs to accomplsih the resonance like procs, where we would have to think about the order and timing of the application of our buffs. I do not like cadencecadencecadence motifmotifmotifmotifmotif mindless spam all night long, nor does anyone else who picked up bard thinking it was going to be a decent, interesting, fun, (like other games), needed full time (like every other role) class to play.

    Bard is STILL the very last one in raid to take gear because it is near useless on them and would be a much higher benefit to the raid to have your dps geared. The only thing anyone brings a bard for are (maybe) resonance, energy and runspeed, none of which scale at all.
    They are pretty lame when compared to the other support roles in endgame . Motiffs spamming is ******ed and hurts your wrist

  12. #12
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    The rogue dev posted last time I made a thread trying to communicate to him.

    I am pretty certain he reads almost every thread in this forum. His name is Allion and he is a lurker.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  13. #13
    Telaran SinfulEgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    85

    Default

    He's creeping like a rogue should be, seems he's more in touch with the class than you are o.o

    <Liquidus> Is selectively Recruiting for HK Progression. 3/11 HK, T1 Content cleared.

  14. #14
    Prophet of Telara Efaicia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SinfulEgo View Post
    He's creeping like a rogue should be, seems he's more in touch with the class than you are o.o
    except for maybe the bard soul?
    *snicker*

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts