+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 point melee conundrum

Default 51 point melee conundrum

First off the flexibility and uniqueness of rifts soul system is undeniably the best thing that has been implemented in mmos over the last 8 years. My thoughts are on the current state of the melee souls and cookie cutter hybrid severaly out performing any 51 point build. It is pretty evident in asssassin .Now before any of you get the wrong idea and think I'm asking for your magic bullet build, that you definately worked hard on too number crunch min max into success , to be nerfed I am not. I just see a big gap that those of the community that like to play a 51 point build or deep in one soul have to leap.it seems its one or 2 builds all hybrids out perform. Trions concept was those that chose to go for the 51 point would have great rewards,its currently the reverse its actually a curse. It would be nice to see a closing of that gap .

synergy crystals are supposed to do that... 51sab is still useful, 51mm is amazing, 51sin with crystal is very good, 51bd with crystal is good, 51rng might be ok with crystal if the pet starts to do real dps (never tested it) it just seems the 4pc hk crystals are the thing that makes 51pt builds useful, ofc 51mm is good period since it's the spec right now.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Thank you hoko . I am returning player, I. Was not aware of the crystals

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    synergy crystals are supposed to do that... 51sab is still useful, 51mm is amazing, 51sin with crystal is very good, 51bd with crystal is good, 51rng might be ok with crystal if the pet starts to do real dps (never tested it) it just seems the 4pc hk crystals are the thing that makes 51pt builds useful, ofc 51mm is good period since it's the spec right now.
    ^ This, plus to be honest, i look at 51 point specs as the devil usually. IMO the blending of multiple souls in a hybrid nature is what this game is all about. It promotes versatility as well as customization. I think that putting too much power in 51 point souls is the road to a WoW style game where you max out 1 tree and end up with very 1 dimensional characters. I like hybrids.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    ^ This, plus to be honest, i look at 51 point specs as the devil usually. IMO the blending of multiple souls in a hybrid nature is what this game is all about. It promotes versatility as well as customization. I think that putting too much power in 51 point souls is the road to a WoW style game where you max out 1 tree and end up with very 1 dimensional characters. I like hybrids.
    True, but the revamped Rogue souls mean that several 51pt builds are actually viable, as opposed to before when you had to dump points in crappy filler talents to get a useless 2-minute cooldown and pass up on awesome low-tier abilities from other souls. "Pure" builds (well, some of them) can be equally attractive as hybrid and trispec ones, and that's OK in my book.

EzD
    Telaran

I run a 51sin/13bd/2mm occasionally. Deadly dancing serpent strikes put up some pretty nice damage, however the build doesn't offer much for survivability outside of Slip Away. Leeching poison makes it amazing for PvE however

I see 0 issues with 51 point builds being viable, or hybrid builds. Think people are complaining for nothing.

What you have is choice, and Trion did a good job of making souls viable. Only soul that needs tweaking is Bard with small tweaks here and there in other souls. There really is a lot of options out there if you look for them.
    Last edited by Mayi; 10-15-2011 at 04:56 AM.

I agree with the above. I look at 51 pt builds as very limiting. If they become the best, then the game loses out on most of it's appeal.

I've nothing against that play style. It is not hat hartsman decribed in all the dev interviews. 51 point builds and hybrids were to have equal performance. I like pure class builds *** the 51 point ability was supposed to be extremely powerful and well worth the buy.

+ Reply to Thread