+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does Fell Blades proc healing essences?

Soulwalker

Default Does Fell Blades proc healing essences?

Since Necrolock leeches proc healing essences, I was wondering if anyone has tested to see if Fell Blades or Vampiric Munitions will proc them. If so..... YAY!

Rift Master

I have some AoE farming build with assassin, for the healing bonus, and leeching poison. So I thought I'd put on my bard source and trinket and see if I can't increase my self healing and take on more mobs. Doesn't work.

Rift Chaser

Nay, it does not.

Fell blades doesn't even count as healing received in a WF, i can't imagine it would count for procs.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Fell blades doesn't even count as healing received in a WF, i can't imagine it would count for procs.
    I find that to be somewhat surprising unless self-heals are routinely ignored. That said I can view this from two perspectives.

#1 LGV, LBV, and Repration are all non-standard heals in that they convert damage done so are innately incapable of critting or following other standard healing mechanics. Despite that they do proc. on-heal essence/trinket effects. As such it would make sense for Vampiric Munitions and Fell Blades to do so as well since they are healing the caster.

#2 Vampiric Munitions and Fell Blades, however, are debuffs that in a sense transfer a portion of the healing done to the person who cast the debuff. As such while they are healing effects they are not necessarily healing spells while the aforementioned buffs and their subsequent healing still count as healing spells.

On the one hand #1 seems practical, but on the other hand #2 seems more plausible due to balance issues. On the gripping hand Life Leech and, presumably as I can't recall for sure, Vex with the healing buff also proc. on-healing spell effects even though they clearly aren't healing spells for all that they heal the caster.

+ Reply to Thread