+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Bard spec?

Default PvP Bard spec?

I am Starting to level my last character to level 50 and i normally do a lot of pvp while leveling up.
    My plan is to level up as cuisinart, tank dungeons with Max RS, and pvp with Bard.

So what I'm looking for is the usual level 50 Bard PvP point spreads. So far I've theorycrafted on my own for pvp:
    44Bard/22RS/0Sabo (my favorite)
    34Bard/32RS/0Sabo
    51Bard/8nightblade/8RS

Any tips, hints, or ideas?

Cleric Tank

Rift Disciple

I like the 2nd one you posted. Lots of defense to keep you alive while you help your team with your buffs and AoE heals. The last one I would not recommend for PvP.

Another build that some people like has enough Bladedancer for full Deadly Dance for some crazy Cadence healing. Haven't tried it myself but I might give it a shot later.

Ya the 51pt was more of a mix for pve and if i wanted to jump into Pvp it would have some teleport/survival.

The 34/32 I'll prob use for Whitefall flag running and the 44/22 for codex/BG

Cleric Tank

The 3x Bard 3x Rift is probably the most survivable in pvp for P4 and under gearing.

I still use the following build for T2 Experts, 10 mans, daily grinding and PvP warfronts that need healing support if not enough clerics and chloros go heals. You can surprise people by actually putting out decent DPS and timing weapon barrage correctly and flash of steel is way fun when you us it to charge to somebody under 30% and finish them off. This is not a solo build. It does team well with another person running a DPS build.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ttle-bard.html

34Bard/32RS/X

Best by far IMO. High enough in bard for most of the needed buffs and the Mez and high enough in RS for stupidly high defense, 5x ports, survivability & CC.

Anything higher than 34 in bard is a waste for PvP - Bards drop so quickly without Rifstalker and aside from the AoE soak heals their primary playstyle is SUPPORT - Keep your Motifs up, runspeed/fervor and 34/32 also allows you to CC 2x Targets at a time with Rift Prison + Mez, and switch/focus to a 3rd caster to interupt.

R8 in Guardian Phase (which nerfs cadence heals some yes, but not Coda of Resto) buffed I am looking at 56% damage reduction, 11khp, Riftstalker Reflect/Soak sheild which means you can Tank groups plus keep your buffs up. Always cycle 5pts Annihilate & Guarded Steel every minute.

Specially if your just leveling/starting PvP 34/32 is the way to go. The more mitigation and longer you can keep the team buffed the better. Between 34 and 44 Bard you get 1 fluff skill, a 1 min CD **** heal, Fanfare of Knowledge (good skill but not worth the pts) and a res that you can't even use in combat, hence useless in PvP.

You gain way more with 10 points in RS.

Goodluck leveling and pre-thanks for barding once you reach 50 unlike all these bad rogue rerolls who do the most **** house DPS and refuse to bard in WF's.
    Guildless Scrub.

Rank 8 Rogue - MM/Sin/Inf - Bard/RS/Inf -NB/RS/Inf - Sin/Rng/Inf

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnakk View Post

Goodluck leveling and pre-thanks for barding once you reach 50 unlike all these bad rogue rerolls who do the most **** house DPS and refuse to bard in WF's.
    I was in a 20-30 Codex last night and the opposing team had 10 DPS rogues out of the 15WF members, and fairly sure they were all Marksmen. They ended up losing =p
    Last edited by Quietmode; 10-14-2011 at 06:36 AM.

Cleric Tank

Banned

28 Bard/ 24 MM/ 14 RS-That's my end goal spec. Leveling now and am currently at 28 bard/18 MM/ 0 RS. The spec's pve abilities to kite mass groups reminds me of an EQ 1 Bard; which makes for fast leveling with exp vials. In pvp, which I'm doing a ton of, you end up at the top of every category except deaths (reminds me of my chloro/lock). It's great to be able to play as support, but also finish people 1 v 1 when you need to.
    Last edited by Pyrial; 10-14-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Telaran

my favorite is 44bard /21inf, 1point to spend wherever. higher run speed makes me feel like im playing EQ

Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNxZGrqqURg

Here's a quick video while leveling. Mass kiting; the leveling has been pretty fast in this spec using vials. I still have 8 or 9 vials remaining.

Plane Touched

I am currently using the 44/22 , but more because it's still easily usable in dungeons. It was a little tougher in PvP until R3, but honestly, as hard as people hit, no build is going to be "great" without the gear.

For more survivability, I run guardian phase

+ Reply to Thread