+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52

Thread: Hoko's Mandancer guide for 1.5 (sin variant)

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default Hoko's Mandancer guide for 1.5 (sin variant)

    Since people have asked me a billion times about what spec I'm running and are too lazy or hate Zyzyx so don't read his threads I'm posting what I do here.

    Original thread with all the guides found at http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3229900

    Build: 27sin/24bd/15mm

    Buffs: Baneful, Virulent, Lethal, Combat prep while solo

    Macros:

    Standard Hoko Button™
    #show Backstab
    cast Backstab
    cast Puncture
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Swift Shot
    cast Poison Malice
    cast Blade Tempo
    cast Cut and Run

    Ranged Finisher Macro:
    #show Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Hasted Shot

    Rotation: flash of steel to close gap, spam button to deadly strike, use ranged macro when you can't deadly strike.

    Verdict: You will find no easier rotation for any rogue spec that can put out these numbers (2250 murdantix, 2800 sicaron). not top dps, but easiest dps by a large margin. i beat blink'blades and bloodstalkers all the time as if they screw up their complex rotation once they lose 100 dps or so. I run this now on every fight except matron, zilas, and estrode. It's so easy that there is simply no reason to complicate things.

    p.s. this is the sin heavy version of the mandancer so I dub thee Assdancer!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer Ninjahax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    I used to know an Assdancer. It wasn't a spec though.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    213

    Default

    thanks hoko. i know your not really into the whole synergy crystal thingy, but would this benefit more from 4 piece sin crystal or BD crystal do you think?

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweatybetty View Post
    thanks hoko. i know your not really into the whole synergy crystal thingy, but would this benefit more from 4 piece sin crystal or BD crystal do you think?
    BD simply because you are using deadly strike and not final blow so you are comparing sin 4pc to bd 2pc (since you aren't using bd 4pc either) and 200ap > stronger puncture and serrated blades. 4pc sin pretty much requires you to use impale and jagged strike to be worth it.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    36

    Default

    How does aoe compare? Bc blinkblade isn't bad

    Just curious. What are the rankings for aoe dps anyway?
    Dalerin
    Crucia

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erech View Post
    How does aoe compare? Bc blinkblade isn't bad

    Just curious. What are the rankings for aoe dps anyway?
    this build gets to spam fan out for aoe... nothing special :P

    my personal tests for the build sin my guide for 3 target aoe on the dummies goes mm>blink'blade>nb>sabdancer

    keep in mind that is for 3 targets and mm/nb hit 8 targets and blink'blade hits 5 with sabdancer hitting 10 and ranger hitting infinity so depending on the situation you can figure out what is the best aoe build for it.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    this build gets to spam fan out for aoe... nothing special :P

    my personal tests for the build sin my guide for 3 target aoe on the dummies goes mm>blink'blade>nb>sabdancer

    keep in mind that is for 3 targets and mm/nb hit 8 targets and blink'blade hits 5 with sabdancer hitting 10 and ranger hitting infinity so depending on the situation you can figure out what is the best aoe build for it.
    Would Twin Strike be a good option of the crowd was less than 5? Or should I sit back and just Fan out...just want to hear what's the better option from your experience. I am giving this build a try tonight...it looks so delicious. I love melee with a little range when needed that's what attracted me to sabdancer but now sabdancer is just a poor mans build.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Skaldiir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    i beat blink'blades and bloodstalkers all the time as if they screw up their complex rotation once they lose 100 dps or so.
    What is so complex about the blinkblade spec?
    Its 1 main spam, 1 finisher (with a 2nd every 60 secs) , and a blink button.

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaldiir View Post
    What is so complex about the blinkblade spec?
    Its 1 main spam, 1 finisher (with a 2nd every 60 secs) , and a blink button.
    blink rotation isnt too bad, the other one is tho imo, juggling impale and final blow is not fun or rewarding, tossing in annihilate at the wrong time is a dps loss so you must do it right too! also blinking every 10 seconds is complex and annoying no matter which spec you use, no other spec has a button you must press every 10 seconds... pretty lame imo.

    and twin strike is good aoe for 5 targets with deadly strike, fan out for at range and 8 targets
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  10. #10
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    gonna have to update the big bible post soon i guess hoko

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  11. #11
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    gonna have to update the big bible post soon i guess hoko
    lol, this is the best build ever, blows the hoko spec out of the water (not in dps but ease of use), i took an entire button off my bar!! i went from 3 buttons to 2!!!! that is so huge!!!!!!!!111!!11one111eleven
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  12. #12
    RIFT Guide Writer Ninjahax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    lol, this is the best build ever, blows the hoko spec out of the water (not in dps but ease of use), i took an entire button off my bar!! i went from 3 buttons to 2!!!! that is so huge!!!!!!!!111!!11one111eleven
    Z0MG 33% increase in efficiency!

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Have you tested 27 BD 24sin 15MM? take out 2 from physical trauma since you only use puncture out of all the bonuses and 1 from poison and swap them to 3/3 combat eff and 2/2 Vivacity for 10% more dmg on all your BD skills? or is it not worth it because of the lack of energy starvation. Just a thought

    I also don't see expose weakness on your macro's, if this is because of energy issues perhaps these changes would make it viable and raise the dps higher?
    Last edited by Lakkin; 10-13-2011 at 12:33 PM.

  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakkin View Post
    Have you tested 27 BD 24sin 15MM? take out 2 from physical trauma since you only use puncture out of all the bonuses and 1 from poison and swap them to 3/3 combat eff and 2/2 Vivacity for 10% more dmg on all your BD skills? or is it not worth it because of the lack of energy starvation. Just a thought
    3/3 combat eff is not a dps gain, i never run out with 2/3 so that point isnt useful, infact those last few points in bd are filler since ic ant gain any more dps in mm or sin unless i went to 32 sin which makes the build a 3 button build. also going to 32bd makes it a 3 button build so my goal was the do the most dps possible and still be a 2 button build and what i posted is it.

    40% more puncture > 10% more ps/qs/ks especially for me cause my offhand sux and my ps/qs hit weak.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Yeah your probably right, was just thinking if those points were the difference in being able to have expose in the builder with 2 hk weps the 10% might be worth it when counting deadly strike too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts