+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Tanking BiS Spreadsheet

Soulwalker

Default New Tanking BiS Spreadsheet

Before I start - Yes, I know there is such a thing as Rift Upgrade. I don't like it, it doesn't allow me to see all I want to see.

Below is a link to Googledocs where I have compiled what I think is the most up to date shared spreadsheet out there for Rogue tanking.

I got the main spreadsheet a while back from someone on here and I can't remember their name so apologies I can't put your name out for helping with the base spreadsheet.

The spreadsheet weighs everything up to maximum avoidance and that is how the gear is sorted, unless is it obvious that the END gain outweighs the avoidance gain, most of the times this happens I have put a comment on the piece of gear itself.

Another note is, I've completely ignored toughness on the item (Due to the fact I'm a HK raider the Toughness cap isn't an issue to me anymore, I'm over stacking toughness like a boss) so if you are needing to get to the toughness cap please take that into account when choosing, some of the higher toughness items are surprisingly bad compared to ones with less. Meaning just because it has more toughness than your current one doesn't mean it is an upgrade UNLESS you need to get the cap.

Pretty sure I've got most things in there apart from trinkets which I can't be bothered to add because it's pretty obvious which ones are BiS.

Enjoy

EDIT - There is a DPS tab but it's currently not fully populated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...o4RFE&hl=en_US

Liaara <eXile>
    EU - Whitefall
    Last edited by Liaara; 10-13-2011 at 03:50 AM.

Plane Touched

i believe it was Isomalt from Unstable that did the previous BiS RS spreadsheet.

Imo, i think the BIS list should be based off endurance and armour, not dodge and parry. Maybe the last list was ok to be based off those, since gsb/ros was not too bad, but with HK the way it is, i wouldnt priorities dodge/parry over endurance/armour.

Of course, the way the gear is, the BiS is clearly the vendor token relic stuff from HK, thats obvious haha....but in terms of working up to there, i would place Dacia's gear as the best pre-hk

and another thing that makes this list SLIGHTLY more complicated now, is the set bonuses...not sure how you can include those into consideration. some of the non-vendor gear is nicer maybe individually, but if your that one piece away from an extra 40 endurance, that clearly makes the vendor piece better
    Last edited by Sweatybetty; 10-13-2011 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweatybetty View Post
    i believe it was Isomalt from Unstable that did the previous BiS RS spreadsheet.

Imo, i think the BIS list should be based off endurance and armour, not dodge and parry. Maybe the last list was ok to be based off those, since gsb/ros was not too bad, but with HK the way it is, i wouldnt priorities dodge/parry over endurance/armour.
    They tend to go hand-in-hand anyway. Moreso these lists are useful for an easy-access compilation of the different gear options so that you can best choose what to go for given your current level of progression and specific gearing needs. The ratings really mean little other than the compiler's personal preference, it's the other information that makes these lists useful. The set bonuses aren't hard to figure in, really. I have x number of pieces for the set. Can I reasonably get the crystal and the xth piece? Easy questions to answer on one's own.

So thanks for that. Much easier than going through loot table databases and Riftupgrade every time I want to check up on these things. Spreadsheets are much friendlier.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 10-13-2011 at 04:41 AM.

Plane Touched

yea, its very useful as a compilation of gear and where to get it, particulary rings and necks and stuff

Soulwalker

Indeed the lists are not to be showing the best gear because anyone can work that one out, it just a gathering of drop locations and stats laid out in a way that clicking the back button on the internet or opening 500 tabs on your browser can't achieve.

As for the synergy crystal bonuses, Pre HK crystals actually works out quite well due to you only needing 4 parts for the bonus and all Dacia's being BiS apart from Boots and Gloves (which come from Galenir and Oracle respectively, not that the 4 piece bonus is anything to write home about now we have Vortex...)

Once you get to HK, I got belt first from tokens due to it counting towards HK set bonus but not taking up a spot for the Tier 2 Synergy.

I did also say that, where obvious, I have ranked END higher than avoidance. There's still no point sacrificing loads of AVD for a minimum amount of END, just have to weigh it up.

No column for hit?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    No column for hit?
    Hit added

Liaara

Quote Originally Posted by Liaara View Post
    Hit added

Liaara
    Thanks.

No column for wisdom? >.>

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Thanks.

No column for wisdom? >.>
    Do one.

Ascendant

I like how, once you get into HK and are wearing your T3 set, upgrades go HK Drop->HK Set->HK Relic Set for almost all slots <.<;

Hooray for total lack of choice in gearing!

Also: You might consider adding the Whitefall trinket to the list of trinkets (for Defiants it's Talisman of Lashing Rain, not sure what it is on Guardian side). 30 endurance and an on-use shield for 1250, I believe it's a 1-minute cooldown? My Totem of Uruluuk has had an abysmal proc rate every time I've tried it (five total procs over the course of a Herald fight, tanking adds), so I personally find the Talisman to be worth more in the long run. YMMV, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    Also: You might consider adding the Whitefall trinket to the list of trinkets (for Defiants it's Talisman of Lashing Rain, not sure what it is on Guardian side). 30 endurance and an on-use shield for 1250, I believe it's a 1-minute cooldown? My Totem of Uruluuk has had an abysmal proc rate every time I've tried it (five total procs over the course of a Herald fight, tanking adds), so I personally find the Talisman to be worth more in the long run. YMMV, of course.
    My totem is shocking as well, But I continue to hold on to the hope they might actually give it a little buff.
    The Whitefall Trinket is good but I hate PvP

Just want the HK trinket tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Liaara View Post
    My totem is shocking as well, But I continue to hold on to the hope they might actually give it a little buff.
    The Whitefall Trinket is good but I hate PvP

Just want the HK trinket tbh
    This one? Why isn't it on the list anyways?

Soulwalker

It aint got no stats so that requires me to actually type a description and I'm lazy...

Added now.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    I like how, once you get into HK and are wearing your T3 set, upgrades go HK Drop->HK Set->HK Relic Set for almost all slots <.<;

Hooray for total lack of choice in gearing!
    That's kind of expected though, considering we only have one T2r dungeon atm.

We have four T1 dungeons, so we have a much wider range of choices for T1 equipment. So this makes me look forward to Rise of the Phoenix. We will be able to get T2 gear much faster with two dungeons to play with.

+ Reply to Thread