+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GSB Chronicle - Prince Hylas as 51 rng/15 nb/0 sin

Rift Disciple

Default GSB Chronicle - Prince Hylas as 51 rng/15 nb/0 sin

How am i supposed to kill hylas? everytime i engage him, he puts a dot on me that ticks for 250 dmg every 2 secs and stacks.. its impossible, i have my pet tank him but rather than put the dot on the npc he puts it on me.

Seems like you may be undergeared to be soloing it. Find a friend and duo it.

I beat it with Ranger just fine.

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

if you are undergeared just go bard and kill him, lol.

also 15nb is worse than either 15 mm or 15 sin.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

Rift Master

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xcbV0z.E0dV00M

I use something like this leeching poison and enduring brew are pretty sweet. Just use twin strike and profit. (I just solo'd it in my pvp gear (r5/6) gear with no problems.)
    Last edited by Kublakan; 10-10-2011 at 09:02 PM.
    Kublakan - 11/11 - Rogue
    Sig - was originally removed because it showed BOOBIES.
    LFGUILD BRO.

Rift Disciple

-doent let him hit you
    -use potions
    -skill cuisinard
    -bring a friend
    -skill 15rng instead nightblade
    -use 0-point bladedancer
    -dont stand in the aoe

many possibilities...

Marksman and kite him around, if you can't kill him before he kills you with the low low low dot then meh, better rotation.

Banned

Obviously buy another role and use something that doesnt suck for soloing.

Rift Chaser

26Rng/24Brd/16Mrk and you can roflstomp him with one hand. It's a great all around build for soloing.
    Last edited by Threx; 10-11-2011 at 06:47 AM.

Shadowlander

Just look here Zyzyx's 1.5 Rogue PVE DPS bible and look for Solo/PA grinding spec (can kill elites) --- mob blender variant.
    Works just fine, unless you are still a little undergeared.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Threx View Post
    26Rng/24Brd/16Mrk and you can roflstomp him with one hand. It's a great all around build for soloing.
    Hmm I may try that. I use the old 18sin/32BD/16RS that I never changed. Just beat him into submission.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Threx View Post
    I have a question or two about this.. my rogue just hit 46 and I am looking forward to Chronicles despite wearing mostly greens and quest rewards (hoping to get some upgrades in there).. anywho for the first 20 something levels I was a Bard spec (back around April) then I went to Assassin/Riftblade/Nightblade and have progressed nicely doing quests etc.. however as I enter higher up level areas I notice that elites my level are getting harder and harder where I barely escape alive elites at or around (like 2 levels under me).

Anywho.. do you happen to have a link to the soul builder so as I might know where to spend my points ? Also what spells/skills do you rotate ? atm I respec'd something like 26 ranger, 28 MM and 9 bard and I for the life of me cant keep my piggy alive with an elite on it an I think this will only get worse when I finally hit 50 and try to take on level 52 elites in Chronicles with 2 adds as well. In the past I would incapacitate one then lost hope the other then hope to burn down the free mob but I have a feeling without some serious CC, lil piggy is going to die quickly.

Thanks in advance for any info you can pass my way.
    CPU: AMD FX 9370@ 5.1Ghz Cooling: Corsair H100
    Mem: 32GB GSkill 1.5V 9-9-9
    HDD: 1 OCZ SSD (boot drive), 2x OCZ SSD in Raid 0 (game drive) 1x 2TB (backup)
    GPU: Sapphire 290
    Asus VH242H (1920x1080p) X3 for 5760 x 1080 Goodness

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by SirPent View Post
    Anywho.. do you happen to have a link to the soul builder so as I might know where to spend my points ? Also what spells/skills do you rotate ? atm I respec'd something like 26 ranger, 28 MM and 9 bard and I for the life of me cant keep my piggy alive with an elite on it an I think this will only get worse when I finally hit 50 and try to take on level 52 elites in Chronicles with 2 adds as well. In the past I would incapacitate one then lost hope the other then hope to burn down the free mob but I have a feeling without some serious CC, lil piggy is going to die quickly.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zckRk.VcbVV0Ro

Keep in mind that this is purely an all around spec used for soloing. It doesn't serve any real purpose in a group.

You just keep 4 motifs up, open with shadowfire, and use crippling shot -> piercing shot -> quick shot macro to 5 points, then finish with a Rapid fire shot -> Head shot macro finisher.

When using this build, I use two shielding greater essences (Frozen Deep One Tear and Hailstone Tideshard) along with a heal on proc trinket (Sacred Heirloom of Eth). If you don't have these yet, you can buy inferior versions of them that do pretty much the same thing, just a bit less shielding/healing.

If you have a lot of open space, you can kite anything with crippling shot, swift shot, hasted shot, and the run speed song.

Between Motif of Regeneration and Rejuvenate (Cadence when needed), you should be able to keep your pet alive and solo any lvl 50 elite in the open world.

Also, the lvl 52 elites in chronicles are easier than the open world lvl 50 elites. Don't look at me, I don't know why. :P

Dinged 50 on a rogue who had gotten to 46 purely from crafting and town event quests. Made some crafted gear and roflestomped all 3 chronicles solo an hour later. 44rng/14sin/8brd at the moment but the initial build was more in brd less in sin. There was obviously no skill involved as I still don't know how to play the class, gear and rng/brd souls is the simplest answer. Oh, and Crystal Vine might be a good help.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 10-16-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Game-fire View Post
    How am i supposed to kill hylas? everytime i engage him, he puts a dot on me that ticks for 250 dmg every 2 secs and stacks.. its impossible, i have my pet tank him but rather than put the dot on the npc he puts it on me.

What I'm just wondering: which pet are you using? The raptor? If so: use the Greater Razorbeast, and make sure it has quills on auto-use (just make sure all 3 abilities are active ;) ).

The Razorbeast works great, BUT, don't get any ideas and start to trick-shot stuff, as only the pigs main target will stay on it.

Give the pet the command to attack before attacking yourself, and don't forget to heal your pet. Also, don't forget you have an interrupt. Hmm.. wait.. do you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast