+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Rogues are NOT op

Quote Originally Posted by nocks View Post
    For an example of a relatively simple/common situation where VM becomes stupidly overpowered, let's imagine:

A rogue is spamming his Fan Out, a mediocre-damage ranged AE attack, on a group of 5 players. One of those 5 players is a cleric healer, and he is spamming his AE heal to keep his team from slowly dying from Fan Out.

Every person that cleric heals gets 1000 health per second (just an example to make it easier to imagine). The rogue, who has used Fan Out at least 5 times has VM on every one of the five players. As each of the five players gets his 1000 health (now 500 thanks to VM) the Rogue gets 500 health x5, giving him 2.5x the healing that any one player would have alone. Now the Rogue is getting 2500 HPS, and when you get into big group situations like the new Library or like Port Scion, you can easily get more healing as a Rogue than you could get as a Cleric focus-healing yourself, etc. Does that sound rational for a class that is also one of the top ranged DPS specs?

I'm sure they will nerf VM to work like EM and have a cooldown on AE attacks.
    Guess what...VM can be purged/eraticated PROBLEM SOLVED,if 5 people sit there & let it happen w/o removing the rogues VM they obviously don't have much bisiness pvp'ing.
    "I was a Rogue before the buffs,I'll be a Rogue after the nerfs"
    IGN-Phaetill/Shard-The only oceanic PvE shard Rift has
    PvE Matters!

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    saying you were getting a ridiculous amount of KB's as a fresh 50 isn't a good way to try to make an argument about rogues not being OP... I personally don't think the damage is OP I'd just like to see vampiric go away and fan out get a cooldown or something so I don't have to see half the warfront playing MM's gets kinda old after 100 WF's maybe people will actually spend some time and see there are plenty of other good rogue spec's now other than MM in PVP
    I seen a million rogue mm before,just using eradicate,atleast there are more options now...personally if I can snipe a few fans off n get the debuff going i will,but i switch ammunitions after that & start single target damage,which is the mm true potential.
    PvE Matters!

Quote Originally Posted by nocks View Post
    Vampiric Munitions being AoE spammable is definitely OP'd, and trust me.. it'll get tuned down. The healing VM does isn't showing on the Scoreboard, but some players are showing parses of 150k healed through VM over the course of one Port Scion fight, etc.

Trust me, Vampiric Munitions nerf is coming. If you search the forums you will find dozens of rogues admitting it's too extreme of an ability to put on a ranged DPS spec. Enjoy it while you can.

Here's a link to one thread where plenty of Rogues agree on it's OP-ness...

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-balanced.html
    You play warrior,just ****. This is Rogue thread there bud,and I'm sure you are butthurt we aren't just free kills for ya now ty gb.
    PvE Matters!

omg paetil posting machine

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Phaetill View Post
    Because it's not an avatar,it's an old pic of me I uploaded off my cell phone,I don't need an avatar to try & express my invividuality...I find being myself is good enough. Please stay on subject as the thread is not about my avatar,and stop wanking to my pic, ty in advance.
    It's your avatar, thus it's and avatar. ******.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    omg paetil posting machine
    Yeah I had not checked the forums in a few days but still wanted to throw in a few responses sorry ha
    PvE Matters!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsolid View Post
    It's your avatar, thus it's and avatar. ******.
    Yeah,so your gonna ***** about my avatar being me? You jelly much bud?
    PvE Matters!

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    The deal is people are used to walking all over us. The idea that we can stand back up and fight is so alien to them. Instead of being happy that the game is balanced they are trying to get us nerfed. Unfortunately, Trion listens to the loud minority. It is important that we make sure that players like this are not in that minority if we want to continue to have fun in pvp. Allowing things to go back to how they used to be is simply not acceptable to me.
    MM... every other soul is working well enough...

It has melee lvl dps, doesn't have to rely on the goofy 2 min CD system, has eradicate (the best purge in the game) and the longest range in the game

All that and having the same fantastic heal leach that melee can get is way over the top for 1 soul. It turns it into an omni soul were going into anything else before 44 points for eradicate is just a lose, in near every way.

Yes rogues needed to be balanced, but balanced doesn't = OP to make up for all the time they were neglected. A MM nerf doesn't mean players won't have fun, a MM nerf doesn't mean rogues will be trash again.. you seem to forget MM was the only working dps soul before the patch and they only had a dps upgrade since then...

Vampiric muntions was too much for the soul, getting rid of it or even just having it be a single target attack on a 20 sec CD that places the debuff on a target would be fair, it would take a GCD to use, it would make the rogue have to carefully pick out their target, it would get rid of the passive lol-proc they have going on, it would be counterable by more than other MM with eradicate (wich shouldn't hit 1+ min CDs.... that part is just cheesy..)
    Last edited by garethh; 10-05-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    MM... every other soul is working well enough...

It has melee lvl dps, doesn't have to rely on the goofy 2 min CD system, has eradicate (the best purge in the game) and the longest range in the game

All that and having the same fantastic heal leach that melee can get is way over the top for 1 soul. It turns it into an omni soul were going into anything else before 44 points for eradicate is just a lose, in near every way.

Yes rogues needed to be balanced, but balanced doesn't = OP to make up for all the time they were neglected. A MM nerf doesn't mean players won't have fun, a MM nerf doesn't mean rogues will be trash again.. you seem to forget MM was the only working dps soul before the patch and they only had a dps upgrade since then...

Vampiric muntions was too much for the soul, getting rid of it or even just having it be a single target attack on a 20 sec CD that places the debuff on a target would be fair, it would take a GCD to use, it would make the rogue have to carefully pick out their target, it would get rid of the passive lol-proc they have going on, it would be counterable by more than other MM with eradicate (wich shouldn't hit 1+ min CDs.... that part is just cheesy..)
    I can tell from what you have just written you don't play rogue,so really this thread isn't even for you. ty gb.
    PvE Matters!

Quote Originally Posted by Phaetill View Post
    I can tell from what you have just written you don't play rogue,so really this thread isn't even for you. ty gb.
    Rogues are OP.
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    Rogues are OP.
    I had a feeling you would find this thread ha,A Mage my nemesis
    PvE Matters!

fantastic heal leach
    This is where you lost me.

Anyone who thinks VM heal is "fantastic" or even "good" or "OP" is simply terrible at PvP and not worth listening to. Ever.

Actually, come to think of it, those 14, 17, 21, 8, 15 heals coming in really are AMAZING and have SAVED me SOO MANY TIMES.

This one time I got a heal for 300 from VM which just saved me as a warrior in my face was about to kill me, I had him low too, like 2% so the heal really did change the entire flow of the battle. But then I looked away from the huge 300 in green on my screen and back to the Warrior on 2% and noticed that he was back up to 10% because he just got healed for 1200. Maybe it was actually 15% because you know, he had 8k HP.

Maybe people see Rogue health bars going up heaps and think VM is awesome? What is actually happening is that tiny heals looks huge on us because we only have like 5-6k HP instead of 8-9k like Warriors or 9-11k like Mages.

Doesn't feel good man.

a single target attack on a 20 sec CD that places the debuff on a target would be fair, it would take a GCD to use, it would make the rogue have to carefully pick out their target, it would get rid of the passive lol-proc they have going on
    Make it single target. Make it apply to all heals given aswel as recieved by the debuffed target. Make it unpurgable and put it on a 10 second CD. Make it so the recieve/given doesnt double up and I'd be HAPPY!

Then I could use it on healers and rofl as I get healed for even more than the unreliable proc gives me currently.

Maybe then we'd have Wardens here crying instead of morons who stand around getting hit by Fan Out for 20 seconds who die and then think "OMG THATS SO OP HOW DID THAT EVEN HAPPEN DERP"

Quote Originally Posted by Malkieri View Post
    This is where you lost me.

Anyone who thinks VM heal is "fantastic" or even "good" or "OP" is simply terrible at PvP and not worth listening to. Ever.

Actually, come to think of it, those 14, 17, 21, 8, 15 heals coming in really are AMAZING and have SAVED me SOO MANY TIMES.

This one time I got a heal for 300 from VM which just saved me as a warrior in my face was about to kill me, I had him low too, like 2% so the heal really did change the entire flow of the battle. But then I looked away from the huge 300 in green on my screen and back to the Warrior on 2% and noticed that he was back up to 10% because he just got healed for 1200. Maybe it was actually 15% because you know, he had 8k HP.

Maybe people see Rogue health bars going up heaps and think VM is awesome? What is actually happening is that tiny heals looks huge on us because we only have like 5-6k HP instead of 8-9k like Warriors or 9-11k like Mages.

Doesn't feel good man.
    That is a good summary actually,do people really think a rogue getting a weak little 250-300 heal make them op? Even when in full pvp gear we can get hit by 2k crits etc from multiple builds,so what we can take 2-4 good hits if we are a dps'ish build? Yeah the lil heals don't amount to crap.
    PvE Matters!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingbeotch View Post
    Same thing can be said about warriors being "OP" but still the tears flowed....
    iawtc. Add Pyros (problem here was the red wings) and 'unkillable clerics' to this list, too.
    Last edited by Kyera; 10-05-2011 at 07:35 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast