+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Make Vampiric Munitions a on GCD move

Champion

Default Make Vampiric Munitions a on GCD move

The title says it all.

If Trion wants the ability to exist, instead of nerfing it to the point were it only pops after using an ability... wich can be either OP or just fustratingly random to the rogue... just make it a specific attack, give it a CD, make it do meh dmg, maybe even a chance at piecing threw your target and hitting the guy behind, it'd be farr more fun and balanced, i promise ;D
    Last edited by garethh; 09-30-2011 at 08:09 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    The title says it all.

If Trion wants the ability to exist, instead of nerfing it to the point were it only pops after using an ability... wich can be either OP or just fustratingly random to the rogue... just make it a specific attack, give it a CD, make it do meh dmg, maybe even a chance at piecing threw your target and hitting the guy behind, it'd be farr more fun and balanced, i promise ;D
    This is actually not an entirely terrible idea, though I would argue more for it being a 10-20 energy Off Global move on maybe a 10 or 15 (20 would be stretching it) second cooldown. That way you could macro it into your other shots and never have to switch between your other munitions, whether you are a 51mm using silvertipped or a 44 using rending (obviously either would be using electrified as their 2nd munition slot). It would make cleansing it less of a waste of a gcd for a dispell class which would balance things out for healers. However, if they did do that I think they might end up buffing the healing stolen though; like simply cutting whatever healing the person with the debuff receives in half and awarding it to the rogue, in lieu of the current 50% of 50% i.e. 25%. Definitely an interesting idea, though I like mine better hehe

Champion

I am not a fan of off GCD, it makes the game simpler (less choice) and then more boring. Mostly because I think Trion just has been feeding an addiction with these passive/off-GCD moves of not really having to do anything and getting everything...

It would still work and be fine either way though so I don't really mind that point. Then the CD, the more i think on it... having a 20 or so sec CD on a 10-15 sec 50% inc heal debuff that leaches half of that is actually a good idea, and probably would work really well
    Last edited by garethh; 09-30-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Telaran

Thanks, I think we each make valid points and seem to generally have a fair agreement of a way to balance the issue and keep both sides satisfied....

OMG...LOOK AT THAT!!! It is possible....lol

+ Reply to Thread