+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: am I the only one???<hint: rogues>

Telaran

Default am I the only one???<hint: rogues>

am I the only one that thinks that the love rogues got in 1.5 was more like a 2nd ascension?
    those suckers (and yes! I have one) are simply terribly OP'd in PvP. the WF's are miserable now for anyone who is not a rogue and even some of the rogues are now preaching to the other classes in the WF on how not to suck and what they ought to do to "support the group"*

*translation: "how they should run behind all the rogues in the batch, heal them constantly, and applaud their great big ole...well their great big ole "arrows".

very discouraging...and I was so looking forward to gearing my main up with the epic PvP gear.....don't have much of a stomach for it now..../cry

Plane Touched

Ive given up on healing, there's just no point. Passive debuffs on that grand of a scale are never a good idea. There's no point cleansing, because it will be back on before your GCD is up, and there's no point healing because you'll just be healing them at the same time, while also getting beat down and CC'd to death. A good rogue is the undisputed king of the battlefield.

I'm not saying they didn't need some love, but it was way over the top, and at the same time nerfing other callings in the same patch is never a good idea. Trion accomplished their goal of making rogues more in line with warriors, but what about mages and clerics having been inferior for some time now, in both pvp and pve? When are we going to see some love? Before or after its too late and we all reroll or quit?

Plane Touched

It is ok to be the underdog sometimes. Just let everyone know this when you slash sit on his face next round.
    Last edited by HairyBrogan; 09-29-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Soulwalker

Just pvped in about 10 warfronts and top dps was rogue everytime, it went 3, 4 or even 5 rogues at the top for most of them. PvP is much less enjoyable and honestly have little desire to PvP anymore on my mage since 2 professions just stun and kill me before my stun is up. They just subbed skill for I win buttons.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Halister View Post
    Just pvped in about 10 warfronts and top dps was rogue everytime, it went 3, 4 or even 5 rogues at the top for most of them. PvP is much less enjoyable and honestly have little desire to PvP anymore on my mage since 2 professions just stun and kill me before my stun is up. They just subbed skill for I win buttons.
    that about sums it up...I was having a lot of fun in WF's before the patch...tonight, I actually logged off and watched tv...

btw...I know that mages and clerics have a haste issue that over-balances them for dps (controlling and lowering their dps), but it seems that rogues have no haste issues...I'm dead almost immediately everytime.

pretty soon the WF's will have nothing but rogues in them...
    Last edited by EnnCee; 09-29-2011 at 09:13 PM.

Theres always one who complains when their class doesnt get upgraded. As a sin/bdancer rogue, the assassination and stealth skills were in a serious state, now with 1.5, its actually better and more enjoyable being a solo rogue.

As Trion are now adding solo/duo play.. then its obvious that other classes will be updated to fall in line with Trions future plans for addons, better quest lines and such, so dont concern yourself with us rogues.. not that youd hear us anyway.

Just watch out next time you climb your stairs in the dark.. these new stealth upgrades are rather nice.

Night

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nightorchid View Post
    Theres always one who complains when their class doesnt get upgraded. As a sin/bdancer rogue, the assassination and stealth skills were in a serious state, now with 1.5, its actually better and more enjoyable being a solo rogue.

As Trion are now adding solo/duo play.. then its obvious that other classes will be updated to fall in line with Trions future plans for addons, better quest lines and such, so dont concern yourself with us rogues.. not that youd hear us anyway.

Just watch out next time you climb your stairs in the dark.. these new stealth upgrades are rather nice.

Night
    it's not fun when no one except the rogues have much of an impact in the WF's.

Ranks 8 > Rogue buffs.

Unless all the Rogues have suddenly hit Rank 8 I can't see it making that much difference to the majority of players. < 6 will still die fast whether it's to a 'now functional rogue' or a 'whining warrior'.

Top dps is generally not the decider in a warfront, strats are. More often than not the losing team has the higher dps output.

The changes are here. Rogues needed them. The end.
    Last edited by Charlice; 09-29-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NoUseForAName View Post
    Ive given up on healing, there's just no point. Passive debuffs on that grand of a scale are never a good idea. There's no point cleansing, because it will be back on before your GCD is up, and there's no point healing because you'll just be healing them at the same time, while also getting beat down and CC'd to death.
    Purge the Rogue and they go down in seconds.

Purge? I know right... thats kind of a new fking concept in WFs right?

Quote Originally Posted by EnnCee View Post
    am I the only one that thinks that the love rogues got in 1.5 was more like a 2nd ascension?
    those suckers (and yes! I have one) are simply terribly OP'd in PvP. the WF's are miserable now for anyone who is not a rogue and even some of the rogues are now preaching to the other classes in the WF on how not to suck and what they ought to do to "support the group"*

*translation: "how they should run behind all the rogues in the batch, heal them constantly, and applaud their great big ole...well their great big ole "arrows".

very discouraging...and I was so looking forward to gearing my main up with the epic PvP gear.....don't have much of a stomach for it now..../cry
    QQ me some more tear, rogues have been dreaming of this day of EQUALITY

The problem is not Rogues.

One part of the problem is gear based PvP.

Another part of the problem is being able to mix Tank souls with healing and dps souls.
    This goes for all callings.

I think the game is quite balanced at the moment if you have an equal spread of callings on each team.
    I've had some extremely close game in the last two days, i'm talking 10-50 points between winning and losing. Warriors, Mages and Rogues are all in the top of the damage or kill charts.

Marksman aren't as powerful in PvP without Improved Hit and Run, they fold like paper when you start focusing on them.

Riftstalkers are just a purge or two away from becoming a mosquito.

I've still managed to survive against assassin or nightblade, but if you get two stealth attacking on you at the same time you got no hope.

What I have read in this page:
    - My super geared warrior beats rogues because he is several tier levels above them.
    - Rogues are fine, you just need a group to kill them

Funny thing is, the Rift melee rogue in 1.5 isn't any different than the wow rogue right now: an insane control and burst class, invincible 1v1 unless you got tremendous skill/gear or he's a mouth breather, preferably both.

Sighs....
    "Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it" - Ghandi

Prophet of Telara

The Original poster is correct.

Ive given up on healing in warfronts, im a sub par dps cleric now.

Warriors still give me far more trouble, but I've always hated MM's so this is nothing new.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast