+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue tanks 1.5

Default Rogue tanks 1.5

now im gonna throw this out but to me the new optimal raid tank spec for rogues has gotta be 8 ranger, 51 rs, and 7 bard. ranger for 3/3 bolster + more hp, bard for 10% more hp and armour buff, as armour now goes towards shadow guard which grants us more physical migration, any one esle argee with me?

Ascendant

No, because Shadow Guard only counts every 1000 armor. Glory is only 500 armor. If you are not at or above X500 armor, Glory will do nothing. Even if Glory is enough to push you over the next K mark, you only pick up 1% from Shadow Guard.

Not worth losing all the dodge, threat, and free CPs from BD, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

You also get an armour buff from an Archon anyway, so having Glory on your tank is completely pointless for a raid. Outside a raid the damage generally isn't significant enough to warrant using Bard at all.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 09-28-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: wording

except we arent avoidenance tanks. and other than reprisal and strike back + 10% dodge bd has nothin lol

Soulwalker

Default My new tanking

41 rift, 17 bd, 8 ranger.

51 riftstalker is all I have seen for a while for tanking rogues and all I have used for a while.

With 41 rift you lose out on 5% damage reduction from imp. rift guard, 100% more absorbtion on the shield, planar vortex, physical wellness, and scatter the shadows. The point losses otherwise are completely negligible for me (unseen fury, ruthless stalker, freedom of movement, and shadow assault).

What you gain is 10% damage reduction with turn the tide, a small amount of dodge from ambidextrous (somewhere around 1.5% for me), an extra interrupt/silence, and either 2% more damage reduction from bolster or the extra 5% dodge from false blades. You cant have both with a 51 riftstalker.

Anyone is going to make the spec viable for what they do and how they like to play. but for me who occasionally tanks DH and GP this is the spec ill be using. Its tough to swallow the loss of scatter the shadows and planar vortex but I cant turn my head away from a minimum 7% extra damage reduction. With my testing just through T2s (which honestly if it didnt function in that environment I dont think I could keep it for raiding) I am able to compensate the loss of vortex with weapon barrage and the new interrupt.

Just how I feel about tanking now and what ill be using until someone most likely tells me my math is way off then ill go back to boring 51 riftstalker.

feedback's appreciated. (p.s. this is assuming you can maintain 100% uptime on turn the tide which I think any rogue can).

Quote Originally Posted by Naggy View Post
    41 rift, 17 bd, 8 ranger.

51 riftstalker is all I have seen for a while for tanking rogues and all I have used for a while.

With 41 rift you lose out on 5% damage reduction from imp. rift guard, 100% more absorbtion on the shield, planar vortex, physical wellness, and scatter the shadows. The point losses otherwise are completely negligible for me (unseen fury, ruthless stalker, freedom of movement, and shadow assault).

What you gain is 10% damage reduction with turn the tide, a small amount of dodge from ambidextrous (somewhere around 1.5% for me), an extra interrupt/silence, and either 2% more damage reduction from bolster or the extra 5% dodge from false blades. You cant have both with a 51 riftstalker.

Anyone is going to make the spec viable for what they do and how they like to play. but for me who occasionally tanks DH and GP this is the spec ill be using. Its tough to swallow the loss of scatter the shadows and planar vortex but I cant turn my head away from a minimum 7% extra damage reduction. With my testing just through T2s (which honestly if it didnt function in that environment I dont think I could keep it for raiding) I am able to compensate the loss of vortex with weapon barrage and the new interrupt.

Just how I feel about tanking now and what ill be using until someone most likely tells me my math is way off then ill go back to boring 51 riftstalker.

feedback's appreciated. (p.s. this is assuming you can maintain 100% uptime on turn the tide which I think any rogue can).
    i assume your referring to this build :
    <a href="http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MNpV.xh.xItbuRdqzkR.xMdV00M">Ranger (8) / Riftstalker (41) / Bladedancer (17)</a>

which i just made up. you loose 10% endurance, 10% max dmg absorption on rift guard, and 5% magic + physical dmg reduction from rift guard, plus our only aoe taunt/raid buff and scatter the shadows.

by taking the 2% extra in rng you loose only 3% total reduction (both physical and magical).
    Last edited by Skilgannon The Dammed; 09-28-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Skilgannon The Dammed View Post
    i assume your referring to this build :
    <a href="http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MNpV.xh.xItbuRdqzkR.xMdV00M">Ranger (8) / Riftstalker (41) / Bladedancer (17)</a>

which i just made up. you loose 10% endurance, 10% max dmg absorption on rift guard, and 5% magic + physical dmg reduction from rift guard, plus our only aoe taunt/raid buff and scatter the shadows.

by taking the 2% extra in rng you loose only 3% total reduction (both physical and magical).

So what about dropping Rng then, and doing something like this

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Skilgannon The Dammed View Post
    except we arent avoidenance tanks. and other than reprisal and strike back + 10% dodge bd has nothin lol
    Um...what about side steps.

And 10% dodge is kind of a big deal.

+ Reply to Thread