+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for 1.5 Rogue Leveling Builds

Default Looking for 1.5 Rogue Leveling Builds

I was wondering with all of the new changes to rogues in this patch if anyone has some suggestions for leveling a rogue from the mid-30's and onward. I'm not too picky, I will take ranged or melee builds. Up until this point I have been leveling using a ranger build but it is kind of getting boring. Thanks everyone.

Fastest way bar none to level ANY character is just doing dungeons.

Fastest way to get into Ques for Dungeons is to Tank them.

So get 3 Roles, Setup 1 for Tank, 1 for Bard and 1 for DPS

Tank and Bard just go up the appropriate souls as far as you can. DPS I would imagine a Ranger / MM build should do well, use the wolf pet.

My Rift Diary: Rift Diary

Default Questing Build Needed

Thanks Qwicked. I should have mentioned that due to my extremely limited playing time and family committments I usually just do questing and any rift events that pop up in the zone that I'm questing in at that particular moment. Therefore I am looking for a build that has decent dps and good survivability if anyone can think of one given all the recent changes to the rogue class. Thanks in advance everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikishi View Post
    Thanks Qwicked. I should have mentioned that due to my extremely limited playing time and family committments I usually just do questing and any rift events that pop up in the zone that I'm questing in at that particular moment. Therefore I am looking for a build that has decent dps and good survivability if anyone can think of one given all the recent changes to the rogue class. Thanks in advance everyone.
    look in the sticky at the Cuisinart build after patch its actually better now since you can do a lot better AOE and solo things like rifts and invasions a lot easier
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    look in the sticky at the Cuisinart build after patch its actually better now since you can do a lot better AOE and solo things like rifts and invasions a lot easier
    Thanks Sanosuke. I will have to do that. Interesting name for that build.

Soulwalker

This is my current build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cbVddR.V0x.xbd

This is amazingly OP after 1.5 and all the buffs to melee rogues.

You can easily scale this down for any level.

I open with Assassinate followed by puncture. Then final blow (mob is usually below 30% in the space of just over 2 globals) followed by this macro :

cast quick strike
    cast keen blade (in that order).

Mob is dead just after two applications.

The longest part is waiting for the 10 sec CD on stealth...

I like this build because it gives you a ranged SAP and a melee SAP. If I need to grab an item in a group I can stun two mobs for 45s - do what I need to do (sometimes that includes killing a 3rd mob) - and roll on.

IMHO I find this to be the fastest way to level a rogue. I do use a ranger / bard spec for elites. And this is NOT an AOE build. I have to use side steps and slip away if I get more than two mobs on me. But, I usually kill things so fast that it doesn't really come up.

I also plan on taking sprint when I get another level (works in stealth) to make it even faster.

Let me know if you have questions or if anyone sees any improvements!

I was wondering with all of the new changes to rogues in this patch if anyone has some suggestions for leveling a rogue from the mid-30's and onward. I'm not too picky, I will take ranged or melee builds. Up until this point I have been leveling using a ranger build but it is kind of getting boring. Thanks everyone.
    Try here.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ted-1-3-a.html

Shadowlander

for heavens sake dont say its OP they'll nerf it...damn didnt you get the memo???

Quote Originally Posted by alcoholic666 View Post
    for heavens sake dont say its OP they'll nerf it...damn didnt you get the memo???
    It's still nowhere near cleric AOE leveling with cleric i can pull over 10 mobs and drop them faster than my rogue can drop 5
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by alcoholic666 View Post
    !!!

I mis-spoke! I meant to say "Now that we are on par of what we should be..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lowely View Post
    This is my current build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cbVddR.V0x.xbd

This is amazingly OP after 1.5 and all the buffs to melee rogues.

You can easily scale this down for any level.

I open with Assassinate followed by puncture. Then final blow (mob is usually below 30% in the space of just over 2 globals) followed by this macro :

cast quick strike
    cast keen blade (in that order).

Mob is dead just after two applications.

The longest part is waiting for the 10 sec CD on stealth...

I like this build because it gives you a ranged SAP and a melee SAP. If I need to grab an item in a group I can stun two mobs for 45s - do what I need to do (sometimes that includes killing a 3rd mob) - and roll on.

IMHO I find this to be the fastest way to level a rogue. I do use a ranger / bard spec for elites. And this is NOT an AOE build. I have to use side steps and slip away if I get more than two mobs on me. But, I usually kill things so fast that it doesn't really come up.

I also plan on taking sprint when I get another level (works in stealth) to make it even faster.

Let me know if you have questions or if anyone sees any improvements!
    Thanks Lowely, I will have to give this a try too.

Wow, I gave this leveling spec a try last night on my level 37 rogue and I had a blast playing it. Definitely not an AOE type of spec but those two 45-sec stuns makes it easy-mode when you have a group of them together.

Soulwalker

Wow, I gave this leveling spec a try last night on my level 37 rogue and I had a blast playing it. Definitely not an AOE type of spec but those two 45-sec stuns makes it easy-mode when you have a group of them together.
    I'm glad you like it! I find it almost unfair to level this way. The mobs just don't have a chance!

But, I wish there was a way to decrease the stealth CD. I find myself needing to wait 5 secs after every fight to go back into stealth.

Try this

http://www.riftjunkies.com/forums/ro...ightblade.html

I'm lvl 46 so far in 3 days of leveling.

Excellent single target dps, changing to bladedancer/riftstalker now for aoe grinding.

+ Reply to Thread