+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PvP MM rogue

Rift Disciple

Default PvP MM rogue

Many people have been asking me what spec im using, decided to share:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...AudR.0AMbt0b.b

Macro expose weakness and swift shot togheter
    Macro fan out and lightining fury togheter (lightning first)

Use stealth for 15% bonus for 15sec
    Never forget Barbed shot and Deaden.

-never spec 51MM for pvp-
    Last edited by Ayuna; 09-28-2011 at 12:21 PM.

you say never go 51 MM and i havent tried in pvp but Silver tipped munitions is 2% x 10 on live right now in pve . Also u lose 35% ap bonus on skills for not going 51 already have breakfree with inf ... the sin version doesnt provide immunity. u gain 20% em dmg the 2 poiints in inf could give u 10 more ap and more em dmg and 2% more dmg from master archer also if put into the MM tree.. yea idont see any reason to not go the full 51 unless silver is 1x20 in pvp
    Your all Discordians you just never noticed.
    If you find typos or any other "errors" in my post. i left them there...Communication does not have to be perfect as long as a the goal was accomplished.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dyscordian View Post
    you say never go 51 MM and i havent tried in pvp but Silver tipped munitions is 2% x 10 on live right now in pve . Also u lose 35% ap bonus on skills for not going 51 already have breakfree with inf ... the sin version doesnt provide immunity. u gain 20% em dmg the 2 poiints in inf could give u 10 more ap and more em dmg and 2% more dmg from master archer also if put into the MM tree.. yea idont see any reason to not go the full 51 unless silver is 1x20 in pvp
    Test before posting.

-You're never going to stack 20 on someone, if you do, you're doing it wrong.
    -Your damage with 51mm is LOWER than this spec till you reach a certain number of stacks (it's 9 for me). That means every time you switch targets you're gonna have lower damage than this spec till you reach a number of stacks.
    -51MM forces you to use silver tip, leaving you only 1 ammo slot. that means you have to choose between electrified or vampiric, you know you want both, with 44MM you can have them.

If you want to use those last 2 points in RS for 10% ap, fine. I for one would never trade off Break Free and 4% armor pen for 10% ap.
    Last edited by Ayuna; 09-28-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Rift Chaser

I can vouch for Ayuna. I just got out of a scion on my mage and he was tearing it up. I did manage to beat him when I switched specs out of pyro though, but it wasn't easy. Pyro changes, meh.

I'm hoping my rogue can actually melee now, though MM is always a safe bet. I was actually thinking of trying something crazy like BD/MM, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuna View Post
    If you want to use those last 2 points in RS for 10% ap, fine. I for one would never trade off Break Free and 4% armor pen for 10% ap.
    Why not put the other two in Magnify Pain? It seems like a 20% crit damage and healing bonus are worth more than the 4% armor penetration.

In fact, that seems like a stellar idea, am I missing something?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Pechero View Post
    Why not put the other two in Magnify Pain? It seems like a 20% crit damage and healing bonus are worth more than the 4% armor penetration.

You're missing something, the build already have 2/2 magnify pain O.o

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Pechero View Post

He already has magnify pain. I think you missed something.

Why 2 points in Infiltrator, when you already have Cut and Run from Assassin. Wouldn't it be better to put those 2 points into Riftstalker for teleport and AP bonus?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuna View Post
    Test before posting.

-You're never going to stack 20 on someone, if you do, you're doing it wrong.
    -Your damage with 51mm is LOWER than this spec till you reach a certain number of stacks (it's 9 for me). That means every time you switch targets you're gonna have lower damage than this spec till you reach a number of stacks.
    -51MM forces you to use silver tip, leaving you only 1 ammo slot. that means you have to choose between electrified or vampiric, you know you want both, with 44MM you can have them.

Pardon, but can you explain why is this "lower" damage?
    If you go 51MM/15INF you have 2 buffs stacking (INF and MM), so there is also a chance of you getting 2 stacks per 1 shot, meaning 2% and 2% extra damage...? Also against R8 warrior/mage/cleric I always seem to get 10 stacks on both.. ?

Unless you can't get 2 stacks per shot because they over-rider each other? If you see my other thread i would like to see your reply on this, thanks

Soulwalker

Wouldn't take 1 point from infiltrator and put it in Foul Play be better?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ganzo View Post
    Why 2 points in Infiltrator, when you already have Cut and Run from Assassin. Wouldn't it be better to put those 2 points into Riftstalker for teleport and AP bonus?
    Cut and Run doesn't break stun.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by stage9 View Post
    Pardon, but can you explain why is this "lower" damage?
    If you go 51MM/15INF you have 2 buffs stacking (INF and MM), so there is also a chance of you getting 2 stacks per 1 shot, meaning 2% and 2% extra damage...? Also against R8 warrior/mage/cleric I always seem to get 10 stacks on both.. ?

Unless you can't get 2 stacks per shot because they over-rider each other? If you see my other thread i would like to see your reply on this, thanks
    Besides losing all the goodies (invis with 15% dmg + stun, expose weakness, 5% crit etc) in sin tree, you'll still have the same issues I posted before.

Btw, focused intent? horrible proc %

Plane Touched

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...AudR.0AMbt0boz

what i used before 1.5

No burst at 1,5

Perma stealth+Foul Play>4% Armor Pnt btw
    Last edited by Sneakier; 09-28-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xande View Post
    Wouldn't take 1 point from infiltrator and put it in Foul Play be better?
    It's an option... I already have blinding powder and static shot, in my opinion another cc is not needed.

One could say that you can stun and stand still shooting the target for the stun duration. From my understanding, if someone is in ur melee range, it's more likely you're gonna use ur CCs to run, not to stand there.

Up to you i guess.
    Last edited by Ayuna; 09-28-2011 at 01:54 PM.

WTB Hit N Run Pre 1.5

I use 51mm/15inf and i switch ammo depending on who i fight...
    Last edited by Nnnxia; 09-28-2011 at 01:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast