+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The End is Nigh

Champion

Default The End is Nigh

For those fanatic melee dps who stuck with a rogue threw all this hell... here is your salvation

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/p...Brmlax0/t9AEQw

easily applicable 37% passive dmg reduction, also passive 10% against death and fire dmg. nets 87% with twilight shelter
    Passive +8% dodge +3% parry (usually buffed to +13/9 with false blades; possible +63/9 with sidestep)
    mass fell blade procs with dancing steel/twin strike
    passive aoe dmg with rift barrier and strike back
    3 melee shutdown abilites: disengage, dissemble and sidestep
    3 teleports (45 sec CD a piece, coincidently Rift barrier lasts 15 secs)
    1 flash of steel (15 sec CD ;D)
    1 respectable ST spike (ebon fury)
    1 omni, possibly aoe, spike (double coup, not on soul builder, but is changed to +75% dmg on twin strike, quick strike, keen strike, precision strike)

makes an extremely happy man for the 2 weeks before the specs nerfed to the ground

was thinkin of makin a twin spec thats more Riftstalker for the pulsing aoe and maybe Rift Prison in hopes that it also applied fell blades but couldn't summon the willpower to unclick double coup
    Last edited by garethh; 09-28-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Champion

btw these changes are a step in the right directions were still almost comparable to warriors at best, dont expect much not given ideal circumstances, yada yada (a team that cant focus a rogue running circles in their team aoe-ing the group for purgable heal leach procs or such nonsence)
    Last edited by garethh; 09-28-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Soulwalker

You wouldn't by chance have a set of macros to go with this build?

Champion

its pretty simple

typical 16 point bladedancer macro
    macro 1:
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

interrupt macro
    macro 2:
    #show Weapon Barrage
    cast Weapon Barrage
    cast Planar Disruption

everything else i have spread out because its all so situational...

if you really wanted you could add dusk strike and twilight force to macro 1 but thats about it
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Twilight force
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    Last edited by garethh; 09-30-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Rift Chaser

I tried a similar BD build, but had 44 BD 18 NB 4 RS, dualism is pretty sweet for burst. I can see the potential in it, but my gear isn't up to par for that kind of build yet really. I think I'll give your build a try, but fine tune the points a bit for my preference. I was thinking along the same lines, but didn't do it because of the lack of a CC breaker. I completely forgot about shadow stalk. I always enjoy the non standard MM or Sin builds more.

Champion

I know a small part of me died when i saw what they did to double coupe, how it used to be the best rythmic activity and all... it would have been the ultimate kill switch for this build.

It still works fantasticly well, since your half tank, you don't have to worry near as much about grabbing a few people's agro while still having enough dps and utility to eat threw near any non-cleric healer. Streight sin is at an all time best, same with MM but this has a different flavor one that, for me at least, is far more fun
    Last edited by garethh; 09-30-2011 at 10:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread