+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1/2 hour to respec before raid tonight..suggestions?

Sword of Telara

Default 1/2 hour to respec before raid tonight..suggestions?

HI everyone,

I have a riad tonight and only will have about 15 minutes-half an hour before it to respec, redo hotbars, etc.

I play a sozu ranger spec and a 51 point bard in raids. I have not been doing great dps with the sozu spec but am close to the dps of the other rogue using that spec in our raids. I found Hokos new Sozu build (thanks Hoko) and will respec to that for tonights raid.

I was wondering if you had any suggestions as to what I might need to do for my bard to prepare him for tonight?
    My current bard setup is this:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....EIdqiqskqz.Vb

I am a little concerned that I wont have enought time to prepare before the raid tonight so I am trying to do as much preprep as i can before i return home. Thus the reliance on your builds and advice...that and Im not the best or most expereinced player yet and am relatively new to raiding and this guild and want to make a decent impression (and do well for my team)...so i is nervous about tonight and appreciate any help
    I can get prepping.

Im open to suggestions going forward for after tonight too...perhaps I should dump the Sozu ranger for 51 MM?
    I'm kind of tired of being in the lower end of the dps parses.

thanks for the help everyone!
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Chovie; 09-28-2011 at 11:44 AM.

if you only play those 2 roles you should be fine, but if you are barding for say estrode or king then i suggest a bard build with interrupt (12bd or whatever) as it can make or break a raid, dunno you raid progression, but simply using the new sozu spec and your current bard build should be fine. nothing has changed bard-wise and all sozu did was losing a pedestal and need to spend more than 15 points in mm.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    if you only play those 2 roles you should be fine, but if you are barding for say estrode or king then i suggest a bard build with interrupt (12bd or whatever) as it can make or break a raid, dunno you raid progression, but simply using the new sozu spec and your current bard build should be fine. nothing has changed bard-wise and all sozu did was losing a pedestal and need to spend more than 15 points in mm.
    thanks!
    i beleieve tonight we will be doing all of gsb and possibly the foci and first 2 bosses in RoS.
    We arent into Hammerknell yet.

I wasnt sure if any changes to NB or RS would affect my bard build. There is also a new bard talent of some sort? a self heal or something? sounds kind of useless but didnt know if that would force bard changes as well? did they remove something to insert this new skill? and anyeon playing live right now is this new skill useful?

I should add for pve...i dont pvp at all yet
    Last edited by Chovie; 09-28-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chovie View Post
    thanks!
    i beleieve tonight we will be doing all of gsb and possibly the foci and first 2 bosses in RoS.
    We arent into Hammerknell yet.

I wasnt sure if any changes to NB or RS would affect my bard build. There is also a new bard talent of some sort? a self heal or something? sounds kind of useless but didnt know if that would force bard changes as well? did they remove something to insert this new skill? and anyeon playing live right now is this new skill useful?

I should add for pve...i dont pvp at all yet
    bard is unchanged, they just reverted the nerf to leveling rogues and gave a self heal, nothing changed at lvl 50 for bard. no need for a bd version either if not in HK, always good to know what raid progression you are doing
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Rift Disciple

Same question for GSB/ROS+HK(Murd, Zamira, Zilas, Vladmal)
    (just kiddin'. Can't await 1.5 to arrive EU )
    Last edited by Noerkel; 09-28-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noerkel View Post
    Same question for GSB/ROS+HK(Murd, Zamira, Zilas, Vladmal)
    (just kiddin'. Can't await 1.5 to arrive EU )
    for all the above the 2 specs work perfectly... except vladmal who takes 50% less dmg range, any # of melee specs will work fine on that fight, he's super easy so you can have fun instead of being an overachiever and doing the top dps spec.

Sword of Telara

you guys are just awesome! Thanks again for all the help.

Telaran

I thought they were increasing the range for bards from 20-30 did that not go through?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by VodkaCooler View Post
    I thought they were increasing the range for bards from 20-30 did that not go through?
    that would be sweet! please say its troo?

Isn't it worth it going 8 RS and 7 NB instead to get to the 15% AP buff? You'd only have to get into melee every minute and that shouldn't be too much of a problem doing it every other motif refresh
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

+ Reply to Thread