+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.5 Riftstalker

Plane Touched

Default 1.5 Riftstalker

The changes that made it to final look great, and as someone who main specs tank with their rogue I'm looking forward to testing it out. The issue is see is I'm not sure if this went far enough with physical mitigation and I think on paper it may have good too far with the rest. 1.5k raid hp buff sounds more like a cleric should have it. Other changes leave me wondering, was it too much? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see RS be competitive again, but I want to ask other RS. Did we need ALL of this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Warriors are on par with cleric and rogue tanking

Rift Disciple

Yes

/10char

Edit: Decided to be more helpful in enlightening the OP. Matron Zamira hits our warrior tank for 1.5k on a block and 6k otherwise. It hits me for 7.5k with all buffs up. (1.4) These changes are /not/ enough to make rogue tanks completely viable, but Trion has already said they are addressing this in an upcoming Hotfix.
    Last edited by Thoon; 09-28-2011 at 11:19 AM.
    <Everlasting Vendetta> -- Greybriar-PvE
    Noxus - Mathosian Warrior - 2/4 FT, 4/4 ToSQ, 2/5 EE

We certainly did not need all of these changes. Granted, some are nice like an interrupt, teleporting in front of the mob, aoe threat, etc. but half of the changes are for DPS anyways. They have said that they are planning to look hard at each tanking class for a future hotfix after 1.5 has launched, so let's hope they realize the physical mitigation fix they implemented is insufficient.

still far behind warriors, one is needed for spotters order so it still sucks.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Plane Touched

Well I did mention the need for more physical mitigation which is the HK problem. But the fluff, the other stuff, doesn't seem to cover any of our needs, they are just nice to have.

Shield of Telara

Honestly I cant see them buffing up RS that much with defensive talents in Bladedancer.

+10% dodge and 10% mitigation is quite a bit to buff Riftstalker that much. The sad thing though is that we will have to choose to either have good defenses with low hp's or high hp's with crappy defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    Honestly I cant see them buffing up RS that much with defensive talents in Bladedancer.

+10% dodge and 10% mitigation is quite a bit to buff Riftstalker that much. The sad thing though is that we will have to choose to either have good defenses with low hp's or high hp's with crappy defenses.
    high hp always win, healers can heal anything...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Plane Touched

So Hoko while your here, what's your opinion will be the better raid tank spec now?

Edit: oh just say your last reply. Guess you'd say bard/ranger? I've been doing bard/bd avoidance.
    Last edited by Jesslyn Daggerux; 09-28-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Bard/Ranger will be the best until we're anywhere close to being able to reach the levels of mitigation we need, for HK anyway. Ranger is even more amazing now, as you can get a 5 CP buff up in 3 GCDs on a pull: Splinter Shot, Shadow Assault / Planar Switch, Rift Guard (or Guarded Steel or whatever). BD/Bard would only be good for a handful of fights, where the sidesteps cooldown is great to have but you still need high HP ... Matron or Murdantix, I guess.

+ Reply to Thread