+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoko's Asstalker guide for 1.5

Default Hoko's Asstalker guide for 1.5

Updated 11/18/11 for 1.6 talent calculator

Couldn't resist thread title. Original build by Kurig dubbed the Bloodstalker. His guide can be found at http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...dps-build.html

Spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....V0xcdRz.x0x0m

Macros:
    Spam
    #show Backstab
    cast Backstab
    cast Puncture
    cast Savage Strike
    cast Swift Shot
    cast Expose Weakness
    cast Poison Malice

Blinks
    #show Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Stalk

AoE = spam fan out because lol you are a gimp sin spec now!

Rotations: same as any blink spec but finisher rotations go annihilate (once min)>impale>FBx3. so it's more a priority, if impale up and annihilate up, final blow, otherwise impale or annihilate depending on situation.

I'd say top 3 for dps specs with or without crystal. This spec hits like a mack truck, 4200 Final blows all day long! Blinking is hard, but a master will use this spec and win, a master will smile at the RW warriors and laugh at them because he just won! (yes wishful thinking, but possible!). This spec also has range, so put hasted shot on your bar for times when you must stay at range (ideally you wont use this spec on those bosses you nubbins!).

Edit: Added link to original build creator since I had no clue who it was when I made post originally, updated link to optimal build, kept rotation the same.

Since I don't want to rewrite the guide I will add a section here at the bottom for once you get your synergy crystal and your FB starts to cast EW. Macros and rotations change

Spam macro:
    #show Backstab
    cast Puncture
    cast Backstab
    cast Savage Strike
    cast Swift Shot
    cast Poison Malice
    cast Cut and Run

Blink macro unchanged
    #show Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Stalk

Annihilate/EW macro:
    #show Annihilate
    cast Annihilate
    cast Expose Weakness

Rotation change is simple: FB every time EW drops (around every 3 gcd) while keeping up blinks, annihilate, and impale. This build with T1 crystal is destroying all my other builds. Also note I moved position of BS and Puncture, with the crystal it is important to get your 2cp abilities out of the way since you are spamming FB so often and not waiting to 5cps.
    Last edited by Hokonoso; 11-18-2011 at 06:22 AM.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    Couldn't resist thread title. I think this build is called blood something or other, I forget and honestly do not care. Posting my guide based on my tests on this build and what works best for me. Credits go to whoever made the blood spec (chime in and take credit as I forget).

Spec(s): 36sin/20rs/10mm and the untested raid variant 32sin/20rs/14mm. The second spec will need to be raid tested to see if it comes on top, the dummy does not have enough armor for a proper test. First spec will keep up jagged strike which is obvious but sometimes you must hold peoples hands.

Macros:
    Spam
    #show Backstab
    cast Backstab
    cast Puncture
    cast Savage Strike
    cast Swift Shot
    cast Expose Weakness
    cast Poison Malice

Blinks
    #show Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Stalk

AoE = spam fan out because lol you are a gimp sin spec now!

Rotations: same as any blink spec but finisher rotations go annihilate (once min)>impale>FBx3. so it's more a priority, if impale up and annihilate up, final blow, otherwise impale or annihilate depending on situation.

I'd say top 3 for dps specs with or without crystal. This spec hits like a mack truck, 4200 Final blows all day long! Blinking is hard, but a master will use this spec and win, a master will smile at the RW warriors and laugh at them because he just won! (yes wishful thinking, but possible!). This spec also has range, so put hasted shot on your bar for times when you must stay at range (ideally you wont use this spec on those bosses you nubbins!).
    Will be a fun spec on murd... sad the rotation is so messed up and no real AoE so that shadowdancer/blink blade will be more viable on most fights.

Banned

Wont really be able to use any of these blink specs on Murdantix cause you'll just blink back onto the tars and probably kill yourself or you'll just do less dps cause you wont use them towards the end of the fight where melee just get blasted with tars.
    Last edited by Vindicit; 09-28-2011 at 06:10 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Wont really be able to use any of these blink specs on Murdantix cause you'll just blink back onto the tars and probably kill yourself or you'll just do less dps cause you wont use them towards the end of the fight where melee just get blasted with tars.
    I disagree, tars aren't "always" on murdantix's rear end.. it's not like u port in at max melee range, so u're really "hugging" the boss when blinking. Also on a sidenote, keep in mind u get a 3k absorb shield upon porting, which if u'd end up in a pool still doesn't insta-pop u.

Champion of Telara

What specific spec variant are you all using, because:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...R.x0x0V.Vuxc0R

Should be the highest on paper, assuming the Armor Pen in MM is worth a damn. Poison Potency is somewhat marginal, as well as Imp Final Blow and other talents. Although, I do need to recheck my parses to double check estimated values on Imp Final Blow and Poison Potency talents. Haven't re-done the analysis since last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Not really, even at the end of the fight, we never have problem with tars, you blink behind him move to the side. With shield + endurance + reduces dmg buff taking a tick of tar won't be a big deal.

RIFT Guide Writer

Don't agree with macros, and missed some important build variants for being a much improved raiding build.

I'll get update rights and keep the Bloodstalker up to date in its thread.

Soulwalker

It it worth putting +70 back stab damage in a greater slot greater?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Milkandeggs View Post
    It it worth putting +70 back stab damage in a greater slot greater?
    no.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Drathmar View Post
    Not really, even at the end of the fight, we never have problem with tars, you blink behind him move to the side. With shield + endurance + reduces dmg buff taking a tick of tar won't be a big deal.
    Its worth mentioning 2 very important updates to blink.

1. You now blink toward the target, not behind it.
    2. 2/3 Blinks give 2 CPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolik View Post
    Its worth mentioning 2 very important updates to blink.

1. You now blink toward the target, not behind it.
    2. 2/3 Blinks give 2 CPs.
    1. Only in guardian phase
    2. Very true
    - Kaboomium <The Unnamed> -

spam more guides lol

This spec, the 36sin variant, was the highest dps single target melee I could come up with on the pts last night. Mastering the shifting will be key. Rift barrier, planebound resilience, and great fortitude make shifting into Murdantix puddles a non issue for the most part.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SrFamine View Post
    spam more guides lol
    he should make just one thread like dunsparrow with dps comparisons.

Shadowlander

The important note is that they nerfed blinking damage buff again from PTS to Live.

Original PTS, 10% passive buff in Stalker Phase, 15% bonus when porting > 25% total

PTS nerf, 5% passive, 15% porting > 20% total.....this is what it was all the way up until live

Live, 10% passive, 5% on porting > 15% total

Hopefully that is an error showing on the patch notes and that the actual in game is at least 20% total. I haven't logged in yet to check.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast