+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Hoko spec 4.0 for 1.5

Default New Hoko spec 4.0 for 1.5

Current spec is 25sin/24rng/17bd the last point in ranger can be moved to physical trauma or combat efficiency, if you do not put it in combat efficiency you will need to use tablets for maximum efficiency with this build. By default I put the point in improved trick shot since this build has deadly dance, it will have good aoe with trick shot, but you have twin strike already so physical trauma will net you more dps without the fuss. 26sin/23rng/17bd is the max dps version and should be used in general, but some people like to use the old way instead of the new way so using the Hoko 2.0 guide and the first spec you can use the old way of doing AoE, I will only be posting the guide for the new way however.

Macros:
    Hoko Button™
    #show Backstab
    cast Backstab
    cast Puncture
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Quick Shot
    cast Expose Weakness
    cast Blade Tempo
    cast Poison Malice
    (why mess with success, 1 button is all you need!)

WoW, only 1 macro? unbelievable! This might be the easiest spec known to man! Can also add escape artist and cut and run into the macro if you use it for pvp or whatever else might need you to use those 2 escape abilities.

Hotkeys: Flash of Steel, Deadly Strike, Twin Strike, Head Shot.

Rotation: Spam 1 button till 5cp then Deadly Strike? Hah as usual you should keep headshot up, flash of steel is no longer needed if you use a tablet for DPE since you don't run out of energy, but it is still best to use after a headshot so you can get to your deadly dance that much sooner. New AoE rotation is simply twin strike to Deadly Strike, much easier than before, and does good damage!

Refer to 2.0 guide for advanced macros and how to use 2 buttons instead of 1, the 20dps gain is so small that I simply do not bother anymore, one can also skip head shot if they are feeling extra lazy!
    Last edited by Hokonoso; 09-28-2011 at 05:08 AM.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Qia

I was waiting for this. It was bound to show up.
    Ip

Rift Disciple

Awesome will have to check it out. Nice work as usual Hoko ty.

Pets suck, because AA is considered a skill.
    3/3 PotW + 4/5 PM > 2/3 PotW + 5/5 PM.
    Me thinks.

Telaran

could you tell plz what Cyrstal to use , and does ur spec outdps MM51/15 ranger and 38mm/28 ranger?

How does this compare to sabdancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Coffande View Post
    Pets suck, because AA is considered a skill.
    3/3 PotW + 4/5 PM > 2/3 PotW + 5/5 PM.
    Me thinks.
    you lost me, also 2/3 PotW is all you need, thank jujus for pointig this out to me, the wolf crits on avg (for me) once every 3.12 seconds (dont ask, too much # crunching). the buff lasts 20 seconds and can proc 66% off crits, thus if it doesnt proc in the first 3.12seconds it will most likely proc within the next 3.12 seconds and it has never fallen off on me in a raid setting, ever! all 3/3 gives you is the buff faster, it doesnt help any beyond that. and 5/5 PM is HUGE, if you want to drop the point anywhere to get 3/3 PotW then drop physical trauma, because the max dps build had 26sin in it, either way you will lose dps by going 24rng instead of 23rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Godest View Post
    could you tell plz what Cyrstal to use , and does ur spec outdps MM51/15 ranger and 38mm/28 ranger?
    if using t1 crystal the BD one is the best, unsure how the pet scales in a raid so cannot answer that till raiding is done, it was behind on the dummy but that was before the new mm nerfs...

Quote Originally Posted by Drathmar View Post
    How does this compare to sabdancer?
    ever so slightly ahead to being right with it. i'd put this as the sabdancer alternative since they do such similar dps with this one varying less and being more consistent.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

What the...
    Since beta4 i never noticed it's 33/66/100% for each point in PotW. I always thought it's 5/10/15% damage increase.

Oh well, 23 in ranger would be enough then, me gusta.

Did u try 33sin/23rng/10mm compared to your spec?
    I like it because it doesn't need DD, sin crystal > BD crystal.
    Last edited by Coffande; 09-28-2011 at 05:44 AM.

Banned

Simmilar dps as the NB spec, still less then MM

What the...
    Since beta4 i never noticed it's 33/66/100% for each point in PotW. I always thought it's 5/10/15% damage increase.

Oh well, 23 in ranger would be enough then, me gusta.

Did u try 33sin/23rng/10mm compared to your spec?
    I like it because it doesn't need DD, sin crystal > BD crystal.
    only if we talking 4pc hk, and if we are, then nb will beat both. cause you get 235ap from the bd crystal using the t1 crystal, having expose weakness come up on 75% of your finishers will not beat that.

but yea, there were better variants, but they aren't the hoko spec lol, i had to keep as close to the original as possible!!! this spec does similar numbers to the nb spec so it's very good at lower gear ins or if you dont have a good range weapon. also the rotation is so easy that in practice this will be all the other top builds by players that cannot figure out their rotations. also the pet is solid and never wavers, thus a solid dps boost :P

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    Current spec is 25sin/24rng/17bd the last point in ranger can be moved to physical trauma or combat efficiency, if you do not put it in combat efficiency you will need to use tablets for maximum efficiency with this build. By default I put the point in improved trick shot since this build has deadly dance, it will have good aoe with trick shot, but you have twin strike already so physical trauma will net you more dps without the fuss. 26sin/23rng/17bd is the max dps version and should be used in general, but some people like to use the old way instead of the new way so using the Hoko 2.0 guide and the first spec you can use the old way of doing AoE, I will only be posting the guide for the new way however.

Macros:
    Hoko Button™
    #show Backstab
    cast Backstab
    cast Puncture
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Quick Shot
    cast Expose Weakness
    cast Blade Tempo
    cast Poison Malice
    (why mess with success, 1 button is all you need!)

WoW, only 1 macro? unbelievable! This might be the easiest spec known to man! Can also add escape artist and cut and run into the macro if you use it for pvp or whatever else might need you to use those 2 escape abilities.

Hotkeys: Flash of Steel, Deadly Strike, Twin Strike, Head Shot.

Rotation: Spam 1 button till 5cp then Deadly Strike? Hah as usual you should keep headshot up, flash of steel is no longer needed if you use a tablet for DPE since you don't run out of energy, but it is still best to use after a headshot so you can get to your deadly dance that much sooner. New AoE rotation is simply twin strike to Deadly Strike, much easier than before, and does good damage!

Refer to 2.0 guide for advanced macros and how to use 2 buttons instead of 1, the 20dps gain is so small that I simply do not bother anymore, one can also skip head shot if they are feeling extra lazy!

Seriously want more trees to be nerfed? Stop posting it will end bad!

I think you underestimate the sin crystal.
    EW on FBs is close to 200 DPS in a specc that uses impale and a buff-finisher once a min.

With about 1500 damage each EW, FB hits for 5000+ combined, that's just as strong as impale.

That's why i think 36sin/20rs/10mm will parse highest with HK crystal (and with t1 crystal).

I think you underestimate the sin crystal.
    EW on FBs is close to 200 DPS in a specc that uses impale and a buff-finisher once a min.

With about 1500 damage each EW, FB hits for 5000+ combined, that's just as strong as impale.

That's why i think 36sin/20rs/10mm will parse highest with HK crystal (and with t1 crystal).
    I think this as well, why I posted a guide for that spec as well lol. I want to give people options, the spec you just referred too is very hard to maintain, and doesnt work on every boss. this build is the easiest rotation of all rogue specs known to man!!!

How's the dps on it?

Champion of Telara

The Expose Weakness mod on the Assassin Crystal is worth around 120 DPS plus or minus. At a raid buffed level, that's a 5.5% increase in total DPS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast