+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By nastymatt

Thread: Where did all the rogues go?

Default Where did all the rogues go?

When our guild first started raiding it seemed like half the guild and population played a rogue. Now we cant get more than 3 into our current raids.

It seems like most people are playing other classes?

What do you guys think the rogue population in like now? You feel more or less people are playing your class?

Reckless Abandon Defiant Seastone, are looking for more rogues to Join there ranks
    Lackskills - Im Harmless

Banned

Warriors are better and easier but you should still get a ton of Rogues.

This is true. Warriors right now are the back bone of our dps.
    Lackskills - Im Harmless

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lackskills View Post
    When our guild first started raiding it seemed like half the guild and population played a rogue. Now we cant get more than 3 into our current raids.
    FOTM, that's your answer.

Ascendant

i think all the rogues died in warfronts....thats why there are no more.

seriously though, guild im in when we started back in headstart was mostly rogues and mages. now its mostly warriors and rogues. just one of them things that they keep changing classes so much and that makes ppl reroll sometimes.

i started off playing a mage. raided with him as a chlor and the popular sc/ele dps spec. it felt though after a few patches that all they were doing was nerfing, nerfing, and even more nerfing. so i became the rogue tank of the guild.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Rift Master

Here's what happens when people just can't handle being second and their life's are defined by instant gratification. It will all come full circle eventually. Trion just needs to figure out how they are going to level the playing field.

I hear limiting macro would be a start.
    Kublakan - 11/11 - Rogue
    Sig - was originally removed because it showed BOOBIES.
    LFGUILD BRO.

Rift Disciple

Rift is a game not a job.. most (I hope) are here to have fun.. playing a Rogue is about as much fun as waxing your own head at the moment. In pve you are a stat buff bot on a bard or slack dps.

Ever parsed a raid and looked for your name being a Rogue? It's great fun looking just above the healers.

Now for pvp. Why on earth would you pvp on a Rogue? Do you enjoy the looking at the warfront stats while reviving and seeing how the other 3 callings are doing so well? Maybe you enjoy going stealth for 80% of the warfront while trying to find the other Rogue to get a KB on?

So you now say "but warfront isn't real world pvp.. get out there and pvp in the open world".. yes I hear you.. I'll stealth around until I find a purple bar doing his dailies! oohhh blue bar..... I'll walk on... yellow bar? Has he got more than 6k health? I'll move on.

Ever watched a pvp vid of say oohh... anyone not a Rogue? Watched them 3v1 and smash dps (read Rogues). Ever kited a warrior for a good 15s using all your cd's.. all your best moves to get him to 20% health for him to manage to get a riftwalk off and then smash you in 2s and you lose? Ever got to Rank 8 and dueled a r4 healer and were unable to get him below 50%???

Well these are all the reasons why the Rogue population is dying. I'll go as far to say that the only reason you see Rogues at the moment is 1.5 and what it "could" bring. If that fails only masochists will ever bother to log in to their Rogue.

Champion

Most of what you said i like, but rogues can be good, I've deuled around meridian and could kill near anyone, even a few people a good deal higher rank then me, threw utility and CDs. Rogues have potential, the problem isn't just a shear lack of everything, but Trion's fetish with 2 min CDs.

All of rogue survivabity is on 2 min CDs.

That makes stuff like 'blackout' 'twilight transendence' 'slip away' and 'sidestep' happen were you can take laughable dmg for 14 secs streight, they can't buff blackout anymore, more than 6 secs of all attacks missing would be silly.

What they can do is cut the CD timer so rogues aren't stuck in the 2 min rut...
    a rut were they run out of the opening gates racking up some fantastic dps, taking inc dmg that would normally capsize a warrior's health bar in secs while blowing...
    2 min CDs before they come to a grinding halt and just become fodder for the next 1 min 30 secs. Its a silly mechanic that Rift insists on, one that ensures melee rogues are, and always will be, completely subpar to warriors.

I didn't mention Marksmen because they are the exception. Since they sit comfortably 35 meters away from combat they can just say 'F*CK YOU' 2 min CDs and kick them in the face their ENERGY LEGS... not to mention Trion decided it was only fair to focus their time in this Rift 'fix all' patch on the only working dps soul (MM) and give them an incoming heal debuff and buff their consistent dps to the level of their old spike dps...

old spike dmg = new consistent dmg

WTF...
    NB gets what?? a small buff to its heal debuff and assassin gets a lvl 25 potion on a 1 min CD... anyways back to OP, the reason allot of rogues are leaving PvP is because they want to be good at dps and not play the one soul Rift wants them too.
    Last edited by garethh; 09-28-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Ascendant

What do you guys think the rogue population in like now? You feel more or less people are playing your class?
    Umm, yeah. Rogues have sucked (1.5 is still up in the air), so it's no wonder that people rolled other classes. I don't PVE or raid at all, but it's the same story in PVP too. There is nothing a rogue can do that other classes can't do better (shard running notwithstanding). Warriors do better melee damage and have MUCH better survivability. Clerics can out heal bards. Mages do better ranged damage and have much better survivability, etc.

So, it's no wonder guilds would rather bring a warrior along in place of a rogue -- in raids and PVP.

Reckless Abandon Defiant Seastone, are looking for more rogues to Join there ranks
    they are all playing alts.
    nice monster hunter reference. i wish this game was like that one

Telaran

Every week our guild does T1 raid, 5 (or sometimes 6) of our group are clerics. 2 are Warriors, 1 is a mage (or 2 if we only had 5 clerics), and 1 is a rogue. FIVE or SIX clerics. If that doesn't tell you something is broken about the class, I don't know what will.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerbeleth View Post
    they are all playing alts.
    nice monster hunter reference. i wish this game was like that one
    ha very true.. almost got my mage to 50 now
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

aux

Quote Originally Posted by Empyron View Post
    Every week our guild does T1 raid, 5 (or sometimes 6) of our group are clerics. 2 are Warriors, 1 is a mage (or 2 if we only had 5 clerics), and 1 is a rogue. FIVE or SIX clerics. If that doesn't tell you something is broken about the class, I don't know what will.
    In my guild it's mostly mages. It doesn't say that the class is OP though, as most of them are well behind the few warriors and rogues we have.
    I'm so BORED

Soulwalker

I liked that Powerthirst reference you did there.
    Joc 10L6 SB (retired)
    Justdont 7L7 Shaman (retired)
    Nible 7L2 SM (retired)
    Joc rogue in rift (active and leveling)
    America is NOT at war. The United States Army is at war. America is at the mall...

+ Reply to Thread