+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51mm/15 nb/0 ***

Soulwalker

Default 51mm/15 nb/0 ***

Really interested in this build. Read a post a while back about this but I can not find. I think the Hellfire proc's would be interesting? Anyone know anything about this build. Would sure appreciate you thoughts as well as rotation and Macros from anyone successful in using it. Thank you in advance my people :-)

Im not going to go into rotations, but from my testing, NB was a poor option compared to either RNG or SIN.

Ranger really seemed to win out for me, with Assasin not far behind.

For all the attractiveness of those first 15 points in NB it just never seem to work for me results wise. The numbers should make it close competition. But it simply wasnt.

Re Hellfire, I dont see a use for it if your 51 in Marksman. Youll have 4 munitions buffs to pick from, all will be better options than Hellfire.

Just my 2c.

I hypothesize ranger is going to lose out compared to sin after the em nerf. 51/sin is gonna be the best imho(dont use DE shot).

I think the EM nerf is going to ruin the ranger spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoogins View Post
    Really interested in this build. Read a post a while back about this but I can not find. I think the Hellfire proc's would be interesting? Anyone know anything about this build. Would sure appreciate you thoughts as well as rotation and Macros from anyone successful in using it. Thank you in advance my people :-)
    i tried going a little nb to get some extra damage and non phys damage increases for electrified munitions. was neat, but didnt come close to other builds.

not that any other build did good damage, keep it on the down low, there is no dps specs. if you keep asking questions... NERF

Rift Disciple

i play on live 38mm/17sin/11nb

Gives me all dps talents in MM, the good talents in sin, and 100% uptime on hellfireblades

15pts in NB is too much given the new attack power contribution at 51pts in MM, try 10NB and 5RS instead.
    Shayde@Seastone

hellfire is bad, you use EM and silver tipped, you have no room for hellfire.

15rng is still fine and so is using DE shot, autoatks are there, dont forget them. the difference is, ill only be using this build for sicaron.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Soulwalker

Default Wow

With the 15percent increase in damage from the finishers (Coup De Grace) not to mention the Hellfire proc, I thought for sure NB would be the way to go. So 15 points in Assassin you say?? I assume this would be an ovbvious point placement...going to check it out I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Snoogins View Post
    With the 15percent increase in damage from the finishers (Coup De Grace) not to mention the Hellfire proc, I thought for sure NB would be the way to go. So 15 points in Assassin you say?? I assume this would be an ovbvious point placement...going to check it out I guess
    ranger gets 15% bonus dmg from SF, 46AP, 5% crit, 5% bonus dmg from head shot and the strongest combo builder macro.

assassin gets 18% bonus dmg, 5% crit, and expose weakness. both of these destroy NB which's bonus dmg does not effect EM or auto atk which both sin and ranger does. wish people would do simple math, nb is the worst subsoul in the game, always has been, it's the reason the Hoko spec was created in the first place, to show ppl how bad nb was.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Soulwalker

Thank you once again Hoko. I really appreciate your thoughts on this. Perhaps I am going about this all wrong though. I am in a raiding guild where DPS means everything. From what you are hinting at...maybe 51 sin is the way to go (but not sure what to accompany it with 1.5) or perhaps I should look at your 36nb/20sin/10mm build. I honestly just want the highest raid DPS possible. I will grow to love whatever build I play so long as I am parsing high #'s. Your thoughts Hoko?? Thank you in advance

+ Reply to Thread