+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Assassin in 1.5 for PvP?

Telaran

Default Assassin in 1.5 for PvP?

So I have been on the PTR and tested out some various specs, and have heard some decent things on Assassins in 1.5. I tested out some stuff with poisons and there are some nice things there.

My question is how do the big damage abilities hit on high valor targets? I know they have lined up Final Blow to hit pretty hard if you spec for it - has anyone got some ballpark numbers on what it hits for? Also, Assassinate now ignores armor - seems like that should be a pretty sizable opener with the almost guaranteed crit and 3 combo points - any numbers on how hard it hits?

The only downside I see it no heal debuff, which I know you can take NB or get Anathema, but semi limits spec options.

Just curious if anyone had some numbers - cause right now on live if I duel my pr8 cleric friend, assassin is countered by him just casting a couple HoTs, and not even trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Malg View Post
    So I have been on the PTR and tested out some various specs, and have heard some decent things on Assassins in 1.5. I tested out some stuff with poisons and there are some nice things there.

My question is how do the big damage abilities hit on high valor targets? I know they have lined up Final Blow to hit pretty hard if you spec for it - has anyone got some ballpark numbers on what it hits for? Also, Assassinate now ignores armor - seems like that should be a pretty sizable opener with the almost guaranteed crit and 3 combo points - any numbers on how hard it hits?

The only downside I see it no heal debuff, which I know you can take NB or get Anathema, but semi limits spec options.

Just curious if anyone had some numbers - cause right now on live if I duel my pr8 cleric friend, assassin is countered by him just casting a couple HoTs, and not even trying.
    Most Clerics even /say (Insert random insult here) and /laugh wile Rogues give all they got.

I find it funny when they say "why did you attack me only when i was at 60% HP?"

err... cuz im a traitorous , backstabbing, heartless, opportunist, sneaky rogue and i would not kill you if you were at 100% cuz Trion doesn't what us to do comparable dps to the other 3 classes in game THAT'S WHY!

Mind note: i need to make a macro out of this...

Rift Disciple

51sin/15Infil/0 Rng - get Anathema (I also get the buff strip from Infil but may drop it after this patch). To kill a Cleric you need good timing, most get over confident and pop their heals at 50% health so delay your stun till around then.

At the moment I have had some success with Exponse Weakness > Jagged Strike > Backstab > Puncture> Impale and then typically stun and go for savage strike and Final Blow.

Currently though, a good cleric is going to start his HOT's right away and cleanse your anathema. I always look at the Cleric's health and buffs.
    On the ChloroLock I struggle, I think they are almost unkillable for a Sin as things stand depending on Neddra being available - the key to this is using Cleanse Soul from the Infil tree when he goes for his Lifedrains etc.

With 1.5, I haven't played much but looking at the patch notes I would be tempted to theory craft:

Expose Weakness
    Assasinate
    BackStab
    (Serpent Strike)
    Stun
    Puncture
    Anathema
    Impale/Final Blow depending on the hit points the Cleric has.

This could be some very nasty burst damage.

On a warrior, I won't engage unless Slip Away is up and the way to beat them is DOT's - so Expose Weakness > Jagged Strike > Puncture > Serpent Strike > Impale and then Slip Away > Assassinate.

Have to say, I think the Sin is looking good for PVP based on these patch notes.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Anselan View Post
    With 1.5, I haven't played much
    that's like, all your post needed to say

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Voldor View Post
    Most Clerics even /say (Insert random insult here) and /laugh wile Rogues give all they got.
    Hehe, I had one in a WF yesterday /say Are you actually hitting me?

Alu
    Shadowlander

I have had a Dwarf cleric literally start a conversation with me and the dps cleric attacking him.. just sat there refreshing hots/insta heals and asked how our day was, and how our pvp was going.. ya I felt pretty small that day. I was running NB so I had Fell Blades on him, but neither I nor cleric beating on him had dispels so was largely pointless. I left to find other less demoralizing targets.

And I am sure some of you have met a rather annoying cleric that spams a /yell macro whenever he fights/kills a rogue. Says something like: Run away little Rogue and do what rogues do best, slip away LOL or something. Hope 1.5 forces him to take that damn macro down.

Quote Originally Posted by Alu View Post
    I have had a Dwarf cleric literally start a conversation with me and the dps cleric attacking him.. just sat there refreshing hots/insta heals and asked how our day was, and how our pvp was going.. ya I felt pretty small that day. I was running NB so I had Fell Blades on him, but neither I nor cleric beating on him had dispels so was largely pointless. I left to find other less demoralizing targets.

And I am sure some of you have met a rather annoying cleric that spams a /yell macro whenever he fights/kills a rogue. Says something like: Run away little Rogue and do what rogues do best, slip away LOL or something. Hope 1.5 forces him to take that damn macro down.
    51 Sin is the only build I found to pressure geared clerics pre 1.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

[QUOTE=

On a warrior, I won't engage unless Slip Away is up[/QUOTE]

really? how bad is your gear? i've only got r8 weapons, and i am nearly dead too, but can most times do without slip away.
    Rogues do it from behind

Shunpo <Goon Squad> R8 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by assasian View Post
    really? how bad is your gear? i've only got r8 weapons, and i am nearly dead too, but can most times do without slip away.
    That's only because you fought two handed build warriors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

My question is how do the big damage abilities hit on high valor targets?
    Valor is same for all now.Differences are not that big.
    So your problem will be warriors and clerics that have a lot of armor.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Radamanthys View Post
    Valor is same for all now.Differences are not that big.
    So your problem will be warriors and clerics that have a lot of armor.
    Aswell as Chlorolocs/Chlorodoms... As usually only one class will stay without problems and it is.... ROGUE!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by assasian View Post
    There are so many Warrior spec's that are hard counters to Assassin that there is often little point in jumping them primarlily because of the reactive procs and damage shields, the off GCD abilities have also been a bane. In short I think the risk has outweighed the reward to date in taking on a warrior - though I still kill more than my fair share

I like the look of 1.5 as it is going to change things massively for the Sin - largely due to poison procs and serrated blades not triggering damage shields.

The changes to Enduring Brew and Leeching poison might also mean a bit less time spent in Stealth, Cut and Run looks awesome as well, a bit more survivability!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    That's only because you fought two handed build warriors.
    ^ this. If you fight an equally geared S/B warrior, you will have a very difficult time killing him with a 1.4 sin (1.5 I haven't tested so I wont know until tomorrow when it goes live). If he has his TOL heal off of CD, it is almost impossible unless he just totally sucks.

Two handed warriors are much easier to kill, imo. Not easy, but easier.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...kR.VhtoMo.xx0M

pop twilight against necrolocks

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...tsfqddR.b.Vcbh

great against melee dps, got a R8 melee warrior and celric down without loosing 5% health with it on pts. just use side steps, deadly strike and serpant strike right after deadly
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast