+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Changes/Rogues/Future

Rift Chaser

Default Changes/Rogues/Future

You know I've noticed a trend here on the rogue boards where the rogue community in general goes out and does extensive testing with min/maxing then posts their results here only to get it unjustly nerfed--More so than the other class communities too imho.

You guys should keep things to yourselves moving forward, it's blatantly obvious Trion isn't capable of testing things for themselves nor do they care about balance.

If you find a spec that works, just keep using it and more importantly, keep it to yourself. Rogues are the red-headed step child in this game and probably will be for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by IndoTW; 09-27-2011 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoTW View Post
    You know I've noticed a trend here on the rogue boards where the rogue community in general goes out and does extensive testing with min/maxing then posts their results here only to get it unjustly nerfed--More so than the other class communities too imho.

You guys should keep things to yourselves moving forward, it's blatantly obvious Trion isn't capable of testing things for themselves nor do they care about balance.

If you find a spec that works, just keep using it and more importantly, keep it to yourself. Rogues are the red-headed step child in this game and probably will be for the foreseeable future.
    so it will go live for 3 hrs before they nerf it? no id much rather they do the nerfing on test if they do it at all.

the problem is, many things where nerfed that shouldnt have been.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

I know because of this, if it's not fixed, a lot of he rogues in my guild are not going to stay in Rift, we will go back to WoW until ToR comes out, and if we go, our guild will most likely go with us as they are getting tired of trion as well.

I doubt I will stick around after this patch. I have Been a Trion Fanboy since pre-Alpha and playing the game almost every day since Alpha.

Seeing the amount of effort our Rogue community has put into this test phase has been nothing short of astounding.

Seeing the results from the past two weeks of testing has been nothing short of disappointing.

I commend Trion for their monthly content updates and having one of the best launches i've seen in an MMO to date, but what they are doing as of now reminds me too much of Funcom and Mythic. Completely out of touch with the people that play their game.

I know I posted the following in one of the PTS threads but it really hits home what they have done.

They said they wanted to other builds to be competitive with Sabodancer - They did this by nerfing Sabodancer.

They said they wanted Rogues to be feared as much as warriors in PvP - They did this by nerfing warriors and removing Rogue burst entirely

What I want to know, is it ignorance or arrogance that leads them to the current situation? I for one am offended by this.

Champion of Telara

Can I have your stuff?

if it wasnt for raid progression i would simply never log on, as it stands now i only log on to raid and maybe do some daily rifts but that's it. if the state of the game is in shambles and my guild finally downs akyllios then there is a good chance i wont log on at all and maybe even let my subs die. 3months till tor, who knows till d3, gw2, and tera, but all of em will take subs from wow and this game.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    if it wasnt for raid progression i would simply never log on, as it stands now i only log on to raid and maybe do some daily rifts but that's it. if the state of the game is in shambles and my guild finally downs akyllios then there is a good chance i wont log on at all and maybe even let my subs die. 3months till tor, who knows till d3, gw2, and tera, but all of em will take subs from wow and this game.
    Yep, if this patch and maybe 1.6 don't fix anything, then I will go to ToR and never even bother checking back to see if anything improved with this game.

sub down to 1 month from 3 renewal, will decide on cancelling after the next month of raiding, depending on how much they just ****ed MM.

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    sub down to 1 month from 3 renewal, will decide on cancelling after the next month of raiding, depending on how much they just ****ed MM.
    mine was 6 month recurring, switched to 1 month... and i rarely deactivate accounts (since i have so much money) but i might if things go way down hill. hell i still have an active lotro acct and 2 active aoc accounts i havent logged on in ages, but those f2p games give you stuff the longer you sub so it's a little different. new rift vet rewards look lame so i dont care :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    mine was 6 month recurring, switched to 1 month... and i rarely deactivate accounts (since i have so much money) but i might if things go way down hill. hell i still have an active lotro acct and 2 active aoc accounts i havent logged on in ages, but those f2p games give you stuff the longer you sub so it's a little different. new rift vet rewards look lame so i dont care :P
    I started off at 6, then I went down to before the first month ended and I realized what was up.

They should have just reverted the collateral damage change instead of adding this horse**** ICD.
    Last edited by Adnoz; 09-27-2011 at 07:44 AM.

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    I started off at 6, then I went down to before the first month ended and I realized what was up.

They should have just reverted the collateral damage change instead of adding this horse**** ICD.
    i honestly thought this game would add arenas and thus pvp... but all the carebears whined and it never happened. rated pvp is the real reason wow still has so many subscribers. ppl want to be competitive and show off their achievements, this game has none of them. getting r8 means nothing, being r8 and pvping means nothing, that is when i knew i needed to change my sub plan, tho until 1.5 was announced it was canceled till further notice, but 6 months is a long long time...

Champion of Telara

WoW Arena is trash.

That said, it's more than nothing, and Rift has little to no self-renewing PvP.

Telaran

Yeah i would like to think the answer to pvp isnt arenas. They killed WoW for m the constant ability nerfs because arena teams could beat his combo or that spec. Arenas turned WoWs classes from mostly stable to constantly in flux, see ANY shaman build in that game. I DO NOT want that for Rift, however something like the rated battleground or in this game rated WFs would be nice only premades can enter so people cant just afk farm prestige and eventually get R8. I only got in a few rated BGs in Cata bfore i dropped WoW but to me they were vastly more funt he arenas where on lag spike ment a lose and also focse the Devs to re balance classes far less.

The only people who I've heard good things from about tor are the star wars fanboys, everyone else sounds unimpressed. If they have a free trial I'll give or it a go though.

Champion of Telara

TOR will probably be good if you want +story in your MMO.

Beyond that, it's simply another /zzz PvE game. On the other hand, +story is more than Rift has, and some of the PvP mechanics won't be terrible, since they're ripping some of those from Warhammer. Still going to have lackluster PvP at best (will probably be on par with Rift's, may have a slight edge).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast