+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Idea for burst in 1.5

Default Idea for burst in 1.5

I'm toying with the idea of 38MM/28Sab for pvp.

The idea is that with bombs getting such a boost that you might get some insane burst potential out of them.

My thoughts:
    1. Time Bomb
    2. 5 Blast Charges
    3. Time a bullseyed deadeye to hit as time bomb hits
    4. Annihilation bomb as soon as deadeye is cast
    5. You have a free shot, so frag bomb or something

With Master Archer, Sniper Training, and Controlled Fire your Deadeye should hurt(rending helps even more). With the bomb talents and blast charges, Annihilation Bomb should hit relative hard as well and if timed correctly time bomb is another big hit all done in under a second. Should lead to some surprising kills.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Quasari Nova; 09-26-2011 at 10:19 PM.

Plane Touched

Fun specc

Won't work vs decent players

You don't have a CC to "setup" ur combo

Its a 1 time trick

Its like go bard dps and own someone by using Rift+Virtuoso+Coda of Wrath+Anathema

Provides many lulz if you pull it out

PS: at pvp, time bomb is like a big arrows on targets head, same to charges
    Last edited by Sneakier; 09-26-2011 at 10:30 PM.
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakier View Post
    Fun specc

Won't work vs decent players

You don't have a CC to "setup" ur combo

Its a 1 time trick

Its like go bard dps and own someone by using Rift+Virtuoso+Coda of Wrath+Anathema

Provides many lulz if you pull it out
    You do have the mobility of a marksman and with the correct talent set up you can spread your blast charges as you kite(which would be helped by sticky bomb). Don't necessarily need CC to set it up.

Yes, cleanses will be the bane of the build, but proper timing and setup technique should do well vs a variety of players(and especially well in a zerg>.<)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Quasari Nova View Post
    You do have the mobility of a marksman and with the correct talent set up you can spread your blast charges as you kite(which would be helped by sticky bomb). Don't necessarily need CC to set it up.

Yes, cleanses will be the bane of the build, but proper timing and setup technique should do well vs a variety of players(and especially well in a zerg>.<)
    I keep my ground, its a fun specc
    Like PoM Pyro was at wow and many specc came and went.

Make a video
    Post on youtube
    ????
    Proffit

Gona be fun lookin at ppl die in 2globals
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

Xsi

Quote Originally Posted by Quasari Nova View Post
    I'm toying with the idea of 38MM/28Sab for pvp.

The idea is that with bombs getting such a boost that you might get some insane burst potential out of them.

My thoughts:
    1. Time Bomb
    2. 5 Blast Charges

Thoughts?
    If your target allows you to do this for 6 seconds without breaking LoS or dispelling charges or blowing a defensive cooldown (for anticipated spike) or CCing you or beating you down in less time (hello mr warrior smashface riftblade), then yes, it will work. Of course, if the opponent allows you to do this, you could probably play just about any class and beat that player. It might work once or twice in a warfront (and used consistently for multiple warfronts, you'll be /lol at).

That's the problem with "set up" and highly visual graphics for burst - it doesn't work in practice.
    Last edited by Xsi; 09-27-2011 at 06:19 AM.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Shield of Telara

Still don't think it's enough burst to warrant a build that has Sab in it for PvP.

I mean against high valor targets you're still only doing maybe half of their health bar and you're burst is gone... so maybe you can get lucky and pick off a target that is being focused by others.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

It's theory. I haven't tested any numbers or anything, just was putting out something to think about. I'll test it out when 1.5 goes live, but I'm not rank 8 yet and since bombs should scale really well, it may be something to look at there.

8 second build up is too long in pvp esp if a 6 second one is too long

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    8 second build up is too long in pvp esp if a 6 second one is too long
    Considering with proper kiting technique I can keep people busy for much longer than that(doesn't mean I kill them...) I think I can weave it in. Key word is think. Again all theory, no practice. We'll find out. If it works out ok, well I get a funny video. If it's crap, well you probably won't hear anything about it:O

+ Reply to Thread