+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: For those of you who don't like Bard

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Naethir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default For those of you who don't like Bard

    Think of the comedic side. Some one in my thread enlighten me- because, check it, while everyone is dying around you, your playing a lute! or a trumpet! okay, perhaps thats not a good reason..... I tried, Idk, Maybe if they replace the lute with a Guitar! but wait...... What can we do to make the bard more appealing?
    Naetharion-Warrior of Wolfsbane
    "Basically when you're a Warrior you just look at everybody like they're a piece of Sh*t."-Gearbreaker
    Lambpasta-Mage of Wolfsbane
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Can you explain the point of this thread?
    Is it a "QQ bard sucks" kinda of thread?

    Cuz to be 100% honest, bard is the most OP **** rogue has and thank Rah that the full power of a Bard doesn't show in BIG NUMBERS which prevents the community from QQing about it.

    Anyway, on topic:

    I would like a guitar actualy, with some Metal distortion

    Cadence- Some epic shreding Pantera style that would go well in a Loop
    Power Chord- The Devils Note
    Anthens- Some funky bass with lots of slap
    Fanfares- Some cool Metal Rift, Iron Maiden or Thrash Metal style
    Verse of Rebirth- Some clean guitar arpegio instead of the trash they put in there...
    Other verses- MOAR FUNKY SLAP BASS!
    Motifs- Some decent Guitar Chords IN THE SAME TONE! So everyone could choose the order they want and sound good.... atm i only found a way they sound decent
    Last edited by Sneakier; 09-26-2011 at 07:45 PM.
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Naethir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakier View Post
    Can you explain the point of this thread?
    Is it a "QQ bard sucks" kinda of thread?

    Cuz to be 100% honest, bard is the most OP **** rogue has and thank Rah that the full power of a Bard doesn't show in BIG NUMBERS which prevents the community from QQing about it.

    Anyway, on topic:

    I would like a guitar actualy, with some Metal distortion

    Cadence- Some epic shreding Pantera style that would go well in a Loop
    Power Chord- The Devils Note
    Anthens- Some funky bass with lots of slap
    Fanfares- Some cool Metal Rift, Iron Maiden or Thrash Metal style
    Verse of Rebirth- Some clean guitar arpegio instead of the trash they put in there...
    Other verses- MOAR FUNKY SLAP BASS!
    Motifs- Some decent Guitar Chords IN THE SAME TONE! So everyone could choose the order they want and sound good.... atm i only found a way they sound decent
    Bard is a nuisance, but not OP. Mostly just annoying Cadence spam with lackluster heals. it needs another combo builder. an it needs something more..... idk what but it needs something else. Maybe a Ranged Fire AOE that reduces armor and increases magic damage per stack and is also a stackable DoT. We can call it Burning Metal.
    Naetharion-Warrior of Wolfsbane
    "Basically when you're a Warrior you just look at everybody like they're a piece of Sh*t."-Gearbreaker
    Lambpasta-Mage of Wolfsbane
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

  4. #4
    Rift Master youkiddingme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    629

    Default

    Bards need just three things to help them.
    1. Single target heals
    2. Improve dps all ability by 180%
    3. Make Motif at least 5 minutes.
    Thats it too make them a at least somewhat competitiveness.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naethir View Post
    Bard is a nuisance, but not OP. Mostly just annoying Cadence spam with lackluster heals. it needs another combo builder. an it needs something more..... idk what but it needs something else. Maybe a Ranged Fire AOE that reduces armor and increases magic damage per stack and is also a stackable DoT. We can call it Burning Metal.
    How about a cd that plays the song of death and hell and kills all targets in 100 yards?
    Srs... Just theory craft each motif on 9players all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by youkiddingme View Post
    Bards need just three things to help them.
    1. Single target heals
    2. Improve dps all ability by 180%
    3. Make Motif at least 5 minutes.
    Thats it too make them a at least somewhat competitiveness.
    1. We are not healers while i may disagree sometimes
    2. We are not dps but just by doing a bit of theory i can say that a "bard dps" is OP at raids
    3. Why 5min? How about 1hour...

    You guys don't see the full picture of a BARD

    WE scale with more ppl
    If 5 ppl do +200 dps thanks to OUR buffs= we are doing 1k dps in theory
    But raids have more then 5dps and our buffs boost their dps a bit more
    Cadence is not that crappy thing bards do, its a cheap combo builder that ALSO AOE HEALZ

    I crit 1,5k codas
    Not even p8 geared
    I can theory craft the full power of the bard, but some may call it OP and ask for a nerf

    <3
    Learn to love the bard
    What bards need is more Survival in the tree, its not fun to go to riftstalker for some survival, pvp wise.
    At pve in raids<3
    Even at dungeons a Bard can make such a huge diference a Archon wont make, nor a warlord

    PS: +180% damage? want me to hit 250 ticks and AoE heal 9/10 ppl for that each second?
    2500 hps, not OP at all


    Bards, making healers and dps job easyer since Rift
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

  6. #6
    Plane Walker Vera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    423

    Default

    ink of the comedic side. Some one in my thread enlighten me- because, check it, while everyone is dying around you, your playing a lute! or a trumpet!
    Lol actually I've been raiding as a bard for month and I never thought of it that way, lol.

    And yeah, I bet cadence critting for 1000 would make Bard much much more fun to play

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    Lol actually I've been raiding as a bard for month and I never thought of it that way, lol.

    And yeah, I bet cadence critting for 1000 would make Bard much much more fun to play
    It would, the forums would be full of- OMG NO ONE DIES CUZ OF ROUGES!!!QQQQQQQQ
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

  8. #8
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Here's the comedic side of being a Bard. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z0R.AcbVi0szVz

    If you can't figure it out here's a hint. It's only useful in world enviroments and Realm of the Fae.

    If that still doesn't help I'll give you another hint. I created a topic where I specifically mentioned this use for certain abilities.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts