+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nightbard

Default Nightbard

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...g0Ro.EcboV0com Was thinking with upcoming Fell Blade changes and whatnot (haven't been to the PTS to see what's changed) but I thought a PvP NB/Bard would be epic. You get big Cadence heals, and a heal debuff. Thoughts?
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...g0Ro.EcboV0com Was thinking with upcoming Fell Blade changes and whatnot (haven't been to the PTS to see what's changed) but I thought a PvP NB/Bard would be epic. You get big Cadence heals, and a heal debuff. Thoughts?
    Cadence HPS is really, really low. Is it really worth it to put that much effort into improving Cadence?

-Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Liang Nuren View Post
    Cadence HPS is really, really low. Is it really worth it to put that much effort into improving Cadence?

-Liang
    It's not simply for Cadence heals. It's a support build. Twilight Force Fiery Spike, Dark Malady (awesome buff), and SoD are good for upping the pressure on someone. And Cadence heals are low, but it's good to relieve any DoTs on your team.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

already use a similar build for pvp, but i think youll be using mostly aoes to spread fell blades, then continuing your normal bard experience.

Koe

No virtuoso = no thanks.

If you're going up bard, then Virtuoso is a must.

Also, Cadence doesn't proc any weapon enchantments. SoD only procs on the first hit iirc.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    No virtuoso = no thanks.

Also, Cadence doesn't proc any weapon enchantments. SoD only procs on the first hit iirc.
    yeah by similar i meant 40 bard 22 nb, or 44 bard 18 nb.
    Last edited by charliekelly; 09-27-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Alu
    Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    No virtuoso = no thanks.

Cadence actually does proc weapon buffs like Hellfire Blades. And, ya SoD will only porc once for the initial Cadence tic, not all three.

Qia

You want Virtuoso in Bard spec. Also the point of a Bard are buffs and heals. I think you are trying to do too much with 1 spec. The survivability and heals will drop a lot. All you want to do with PvP bard is increase CoR as much as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Alu View Post
    Cadence actually does proc weapon buffs like Hellfire Blades. And, ya SoD will only porc once for the initial Cadence tic, not all three.
    Since when? Never did proc it. No ability that has "any weapon" procs. Like charges for example.
    Ip

Alu
    Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Qia View Post
    You want Virtuoso in Bard spec. Also the point of a Bard are buffs and heals. I think you are trying to do too much with 1 spec. The survivability and heals will drop a lot. All you want to do with PvP bard is increase CoR as much as you can.

Since when? Never did proc it. No ability that has "any weapon" procs. Like charges for example.
    Well, I have NB in my bard spec and HB procs all the time. So dunno what else could proc it if not bard skills?

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by Alu View Post
    Well, I have NB in my bard spec and HB procs all the time. So dunno what else could proc it if not bard skills?
    Do you have ranger?

EDIT: I mean I was using NB back in the days and my parses never showed HB. Haven't seen any enchant procs in PvP also (I had infiltrator tree) so I was using cloudy Poison only to "hide" my true buffs.
    Last edited by Qia; 09-27-2011 at 02:49 PM.
    Ip

Alu
    Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Qia View Post
    Do you have ranger?
    Ya I do and I just logged him in to see if it was being proc'd by bard skills or just range auto atks, and ya was actually range auto attacks that were procing it and not the bard skills themselves, my bad on that one, never actually looked to see what was procing it, always assumed it was the bard skills.
    Last edited by Alu; 09-27-2011 at 02:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread