+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Rogue HP requirements for Hammerknell?

Shadowlander

Default Rogue HP requirements for Hammerknell?

my guild's rogue leader is telling us rogues that we need 6000 raid buffed HP to start Hammerknell.

I was wondering if this is true? I'm lucky to break 5300 HP with full raid buffs
    Last edited by Drbuffer; 09-26-2011 at 01:06 PM.

do you NEED 6k? no

does it help tremendously? yes

easy way of getting more hp = hit r6-r8

im at like 6300 unbuffed
    FatCat

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fareline View Post
    do you NEED 6k? no

does it help tremendously? yes

easy way of getting more hp = hit r6-r8

im at like 6300 unbuffed
    Kinda stupid to force PvE folks to play PvP so that they can get higher HPs. I don't think Trion had this in mind.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by hivolt View Post
    Kinda stupid to force PvE folks to play PvP so that they can get higher HPs. I don't think Trion had this in mind.
    There's no forcing. Switch your runes. Use an enduring vial. There are a billion options.
    Whether it's equipping PvP gear, switching runes, or using enduring vials you're going to lose some DPS stats for endurance. You do no DPS when dead.

Quote Originally Posted by hivolt View Post
    Well if you are good at all aspects of the game they should be rewarded

relic weapons were BIS for pvp anyways
    FatCat

i sit around 4k hp unbuffed, i never die to mechanics in hk, 0pvp gear, 0endurance gear, 0endurance enchants = max dps... unless ur R8 ofc.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    i sit around 4k hp unbuffed, i never die to mechanics in hk, 0pvp gear, 0endurance gear, 0endurance enchants = max dps... unless ur R8 ofc.
    you dont need alot of hp but

more hp is useful for
    1. murdantix
    2. matron
    3. sicaron
    4. molinar
    5. estrode
    6. vlad
    7. GURG
    8. inquistor
    9. darktide
    10. lord jonaru and akylios

So its nice to have a bit more

4k unbuffed will get you 1shot on some of their abilities (inquistor)
    FatCat

Telaran

I run about 6.7k raid buffed since i got my p8 gear. Is it necassary? no really... is it helpful... god yes it is. Knowing i can stand in purple stuff for an extra tick so i can get off my deadly strike before backing out is rather useful when i've messed up my timing.

Then again, i'm usually half smashed when i raid so maybe it's an insurance policy for my crapness

We are onlty half way through HK atm but i would say more than 6k is a really only SUPER useful on matron. Those aoe's get to about 6k at there highest stacks. We have one poor rogue not in p8 and if he dosn't back out when the stacks get to about 20 he starts dying one shot. I have a very strong suspicion that playing in Australia like i do makes more HP far more valuable for me that someone who lives in usa. There are times when i just cannot avoid some stuff fullstop. I'm talking i pretty much take dmg before i am able to move

Rift Disciple

full T3 and maxing out dps without caring about survivability-equip works fine if you have raidawareness in HK.

Soulwalker

I'm about 4.3k HP and I play on minimal settings as I just came back and I don't have my gaming rig anymore.

I get one shot by some mechanics or by some screw ups because I lag a bit.

Such as the boss on DH (name is out of my mind atm) where he spawns adds that gave him increasing attack. Later in the fight if we want to just let him eat the adds, I'll get 1 shot by it, so I have to sit on the side instead of behind him so I can't eat the cleave.

I haven't encountered any other fights so far I was just came back. But I'm sure some HK fights require a higher amount of HP.
    http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8036/sig3m.jpg

Rift Chaser

How do you only have 4.3k hp unbuff? my gears is full tier 1(ros/gsb with Hk ring shoulder and the sword from murdantix and unbuff i have 4900 hp.

You guys fighting naked??

Rift Disciple

You can survive any encounter in HK with normal DPS PvE gear, but having rank 6-8 synergy helps a lot.

Though I use rank 8 synergy now, I started HK in full PvE gear. Making the switch to PvP gear literally adds ~1000-1500 extra max HP, which makes just about every encounter much easier.

When you get to fights like Grugonim and Garau (or even pre-pre nerf Matron) you will definitely appreciate having the extra health. It is a massive advantage on the upper floor of HK since you don't need nearly as much water resist if you're using PvP gear.

I'm personally ok with dedicated PvP players having a bone thrown their way when it comes to PvE, but to dismiss the advantage the gear provides would be an oversight.
    Trephination [Rogue] | Somali [Mage] | Defiant @ Deepstrike | <Waiting on Diablo>

I am with Hoko, I run very low HP un buffed and I have 4 pieces of HK gear..

Zero Endurance runes (except boots, only one availble! 11 end)
    Zero End potions.

I am there to do the maximum DPS I can, wasting stats on HP is a DPS loss.

Obviously a dead rogue does no DPS.. but if you are skilled enough you won't die to encounters till a lot later in HK. But from what you are saying you are just starting.

Think I am around 4.5k unbuffed atm.
    Crozzers <Vengeance> - Defiant Bloodiron EU
    DPS King
    GSB 5/5RoS 4/4HK 6/10DH 4/4GP 4/4

Telaran

I don't think that it is unreasonable to use pvp gear to boost your HP for high end PVE encounters. As a resto Druid just entering BT back in the day, I had to wear 2-3 pieces of PVP gear to hit 10k hp raid buffed so I could survive the 8500 damage to the raid when the shell was popped. Granted once I had a few pieces of T6 gear, I didn't need it anymore, but the point remains the same.
    Covenant of the Phoenix - Deepwood
    Clarith - Rogue
    RG2 10/11 HK, 2/8 ID

You will want higher HP than 5k for future HK fights. All it'll take to ruin your day is someone else getting you killed or you dying when others don't (because they have more HP) and all of a sudden your "max dps" speeches will fall on deaf ears in your raid. You will get singled out or called bad for dying multiple times when you wouldn't have had to die.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast