+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leeching Poison: now worth using?

Default Leeching Poison: now worth using?

Hey PTS heroes, how much does Leeching Poison heal for now?

Glancing back to some sort of video I'd taken, it healed for 264 a hit and proc'd all the time. Granted that's with 5/5 Poison Mastery and some AP focus, as well as the RS healing increase, but I found it to be great for my solo build.
    Last edited by bitnine; 09-26-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Glancing back to some sort of video I'd taken, it healed for 264 a hit and proc'd all the time. Granted that's with 5/5 Poison Mastery and some AP focus, but I found it to be great for my solo build.
    Hmm that's not bad at all, add that to Fellblades and you've got a fair amount of self heal.

Rift Chaser

For my solo grind Blade Dancer build I went 26 inf to get the Brew as well to heal about 500-600hp 1 minute cool down worked pretty good.

Great for solo builds not sure about other builds

Quote Originally Posted by hejtmane View Post
    For my solo grind Blade Dancer build I went 26 inf to get the Brew as well to heal about 500-600hp 1 minute cool down worked pretty good.
    Huh, really? There might be more than a fair bit of AP scaling going on. I checked the same video, and I had an Enduring Brew crit for 2253. You can take a look, is at the 1:30 mark. Edit - heh, apparently the random letters of the youtube URL spell out a naughty word so I can't post it here. Whatever: http://tinyurl.com/stillmoresolo
    Last edited by bitnine; 09-26-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Huh, really? There might be more than a fair bit of AP scaling going on. I checked the same video, and I had an Enduring Brew crit for 2253. You can take a look, is at the 1:30 mark. Edit - heh, apparently the random letters of the youtube URL spell out a naughty word so I can't post it here. Whatever: http://tinyurl.com/stillmoresolo
    I'm not gonna lie. I clicked the url just to see what word the youtube url spelled that was censored. I lol'd. Also, 2253 crit is pretty impressive.

from 60 heal to 200 heal...so probly still not worth using

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    from 60 heal to 200 heal...so probly still not worth using
    In bitnine's video it was proccing almost every 2-3 seconds for ~260 per heal. 100 HPS isn't too bad.

Ascendant

Most people are reporting around 250 or so per proc, and with a deep Sin build that's a 40% proc rate per attack. Not bad, really -- given that Debilitating has gone from increasing cost to draining resource, and Rogue resource regen rate has gone considerably up, Debilitating won't be nearly as attractive to use against rogues and warriors, so new Leeching may be the way to go. And considering that Cloudy is almost useless against most casters in this game, it'll probably be a decision between Leeching to counter warlock shields, and Debilitating to drain a healer you intend to be focusing on for a while.

Will have to wait for it to hit live so I can do some live combat parses and see how much the healing works out to, but 250 per proc is nothing to sniff at on paper. Four procs in a fight is 1,000 HP you didn't have before 1.5, at very little cost over your other poison options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    In bitnine's video it was proccing almost every 2-3 seconds for ~260 per heal. 100 HPS isn't too bad.
    Yeah, I've parsed it on the dummy doing 117 HPS against a single target. Multi-target (the three dummies) gets around 125 HPS, since it looks like it has a greater chance to proc per strike with Twin Strike but not necessarily more often.

That being said, I've mainly used it for my solo build, not for PvP. So I don't exactly how that pans out in real warfront conditions.

Telaran

Does those poisons work with ranged specs? It's been a while since I've played rogue so I'm almost a newb with these classes here.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

Yes.

10morechars

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

+ Reply to Thread