+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Escaping riftblades as a MM

Rift Disciple

Default Escaping riftblades as a MM

How? I'm fully aware of all our tricks (Knockback, jump back, root, sprint, and break free) in addition to hasted shot and the run speed modifiers. I still can't get away from these *******s before they kill me. I'm rank 8, almost all the r8 gear (missing one dagger and the neck) with 1100 valor.

Only time I have a chance is when I eradicate their buffs while they're busy doing something else. Can take a while depending on RNG parries/Dodges of the purge.

If anyone's got something of a trick I'd love to hear it. If it's just impossible I'd rather know than keep actually trying to escape and just do some damage to them instead.

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by Tigolbitties View Post
    How? I'm fully aware of all our tricks (Knockback, jump back, root, sprint, and break free) in addition to hasted shot and the run speed modifiers. I still can't get away from these *******s before they kill me. I'm rank 8, almost all the r8 gear (missing one dagger and the neck) with 1100 valor.

Only time I have a chance is when I eradicate their buffs while they're busy doing something else. Can take a while depending on RNG parries/Dodges of the purge.

If anyone's got something of a trick I'd love to hear it. If it's just impossible I'd rather know than keep actually trying to escape and just do some damage to them instead.
    If a Riftblade catches you, you cannot escape him in it's current form.
    Ip

If you stay more than 20m away from him, he can't riftwalk to you. You basically have to start kiting before the rb is in range. I generally alternate erradicate with swift shot as a cp builder while kiting (until its buffs are gone, then pop hnr), but it's still pretty hard to kite one successfully.
    Bombs - <Banished> - Defiant - Dayblind
    Numbers - Guardian - Deepstrike

they cant break your cc if you are behind them stun them with the assasin kick and run through them and pelt them from behind

if you have nb or assasin use expose weakness or fiery spike to make sure you are >20m away from them (if one of those abilities is red ur safe if it turns white ur dead)
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 09-26-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

You can't kite a Warrior who strikes you from range with a 400dmg spammable attack.

Kiting is effective against most of them. But then they switch to Fire Lance **** and tell you to L2P because they basically can't hit you with 95% of their abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeantkeys View Post
    You can't kite a Warrior who strikes you from range with a 400dmg spammable attack.

Kiting is effective against most of them. But then they switch to Fire Lance **** and tell you to L2P because they basically can't hit you with 95% of their abilities
    Did you just cry about a flame spear?

I just threw one at the boss dummy in pvp gear / buffs / whetstone. Hit for 433, with 77 elemental touch proc. Go ahead and add valor mitigation. Now shut up.
    Last edited by Serashen; 09-26-2011 at 08:18 AM.
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

Honestly it is very difficult to do.

Yes you can stun and run through them, assuming you don't get LOLIMMUNE.

In a confined warfront like BG you are screwed.

People forget that Champ fear and earth burst seem to not be affected by any CC breaks. I get feared with the break free buff all the time. Even with nightblade, twilight transcendence doesn't remove earth burst.

And btw it's not flamespear thats the problem, it's flamespear with a lolusnaredboy on it, or the root spear.

I run a 34bard/32rs build half the time, and even in this I cannot escape them half of the time. Shifting does not remove earth burst. Even after the 'fix'.

I ground out 60k favor yesterday and experienced this numerous times, as my guild runs a 10man premade versus a guardian premade. I get marked pretty quick because I usually bard for the premade and often top heals, plus I have 10k hp. My experience was: 2 warriors attack me. Earth burst + fear, get whacked, break free, earth burst again, shift out only to get riftwalked again, whacked some more, try to rift prison one and verse of capt the other, they break free, riftwalk to me and I'm out of escape moves, then eat dirt. Flashback is the only effective escape I have.

All of you saying STAY OUT OF 20M RANGE LOLZ, check the range on cadence. Yep, in range of riftwalk.

What we have is a class with serious melee damage, ability to apply finishers and crowd control at range (silence/root/snare/damage), essentially full immunity to crowd control, near-infinite gap closers, and CC that seems to be unaffected by DR or breaks. It's stupid OP for one spec.

The only counter to this is a warrior running a subdue tanking spec.

Yep, the only counter is another warrior.

Sigh.
    Last edited by ShazzamCrucia; 09-26-2011 at 08:54 AM.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeantkeys View Post

Flamespear has a 20m range, mm has a 35m range, almost double. I'm not saying it's easy, but you can kite them.
    Bombs - <Banished> - Defiant - Dayblind
    Numbers - Guardian - Deepstrike

Quote Originally Posted by Bombs View Post
    Flamespear has a 20m range, mm has a 35m range, almost double. I'm not saying it's easy, but you can kite them.
    The trouble is, no intelligent riftblade is going to chase you away from the objective point, which means really all you're achieving is putting yourself further away from it. It's kind of a ridiculous situation.

Same thing for all those idiots who complain about "OMG HE USED SLIP AWAY AND RAN OFF." <-- This means, he lost. Sure you didn't get to do your little victory dance, /lol and teabag his corpse. But he slipped away and retreated from whatever objective you were fighting over. This is also know as winning.

Untill the rogue is able to stand toe to toe without having to rely on gimmicky tricks or incredibly difficult (and ultimately unhelpful to point based defense) kiting methods then Trion have not done an acceptable job. It's just so crappy atm.
    Split - Rogue Tank - Purge to Win
    GSB - 5/5 / RoS - 4/4 / HK - 11/11

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    The trouble is, no intelligent riftblade is going to chase you away from the objective point, which means really all you're achieving is putting yourself further away from it. It's kind of a ridiculous situation.

Same thing for all those idiots who complain about "OMG HE USED SLIP AWAY AND RAN OFF." <-- This means, he lost. Sure you didn't get to do your little victory dance, /lol and teabag his corpse. But he slipped away and retreated from whatever objective you were fighting over. This is also know as winning.

Untill the rogue is able to stand toe to toe without having to rely on gimmicky tricks or incredibly difficult (and ultimately unhelpful to point based defense) kiting methods then Trion have not done an acceptable job. It's just so crappy atm.
    pretty sums it up, ty 4 this post.

Rift Disciple

Just start at max range. Pay attention now, heres the hard part:

When u see a melee running towards you you have the time it takes them to run 15 meters to simply stop what u are doing and begin kiting. I feel like i am telling nubs to stop their cast and move out of the fire. You rogues that cant kite something that has HALF of your range and HALF of your dps make me sick. What makes it worse is that all of your whine has led to you actually getting buffed.

HEY TRION:
    PARSE SINGLE TARGET PVP DPS!!! on 1k+ valor, with pvp damage modifiers. Balance with actual numbers instead of number of whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by Wreks View Post
    Just start at max range. Pay attention now, heres the hard part:

When u see a melee running towards you you have the time it takes them to run 15 meters to simply stop what u are doing and begin kiting. I feel like i am telling nubs to stop their cast and move out of the fire. You rogues that cant kite something that has HALF of your range and HALF of your dps make me sick. What makes it worse is that all of your whine has led to you actually getting buffed.

HEY TRION:
    PARSE SINGLE TARGET PVP DPS!!! on 1k+ valor, with pvp damage modifiers. Balance with actual numbers instead of number of whiners.
    You do half of my dps? Lol

P.S. not everyone plays marksman
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Yes Fire lance hits for 400 on dummy. With valor mitigation it hits for around 300. Now picture this, the Rwalker can only hit you when he Riftwalks, so he gets down 10% of your health in two swings. Then he spams that **** for 250/350 each until you die, because no one will heal a rogue and because that warrior feeds on your tears.

You can kite everything, it's just that in one charge that warrior can blow your face into defeat.

Shield of Telara

Usually my biggest problem when trying to kite a warrior is... They just stop chasing me and do something else. Usually if I see them first I can kite them, but the problem is getting snared by mages or some other class with good range and then the second they get in range to rift walk you're toast.

But by far the biggest problem kiting anyone is just not paying enough attention... it's not "easy" to kite the riftblades but it is doable if you pay enough attention to you and your surroundings.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

Rift Disciple

I guess 2 things that I can think of to the proposed counters that haven't already been laughed at by everyone else:

The range is a legit point of view assuming I had infinite open space and didn't care where I ended up. Now, in reality, I can't really think of any particular area in any warfront aside from maybe out in front of the church where I could, in theory, actually hope to maintain this range differential without running out of room. In terms of needing to hold a node or be nearby a node.... even in the ideal fantasy scenario of having enough room to kite I'd still just be chased away as I tried to make a huge loop to circle back.

Not to mention LoS. All a warrior needs to do to escape my kiting is LoS me. Not like I can usually manage to do anything about it since to get LoS back I often have to get closer to the jerk.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see there being enough space to maintain that kind of distance... anywhere.

The second point is being mounted. Yes, me pew pewing will often dismount someone fairly quickly, but the other times that warrior stayed mounted through my toothpick spray and ran my *** down and now what? SoL. I mean really, I see a mounted warrior so I should just start trying to mash my own mount button to escape?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast