+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with MM PvP build

Telaran

Default Help with MM PvP build

Can someone help me out with a MM build for PvP? I am only lvl 26 right now and seem to be doing pretty good in WF's but I think I might could allocate my points a little better. I have 5 in ranger and 5 in sin (i think, for poison and the crit damage) the rest I have just been pumping into MM. Can someone send me links of what I should aim for at 30, 40, and 50.

Is it worth going for Strafe? Also is most of our damage physical? wondering which greater essences I should be slotting.

Telaran

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...boz.EMtkVzAudR

I've been running that build for a while and am mostly meh about it.
    It has very little survivability, no sustained damage output, some moderate cc and is mostly just annoying.

However, for lower ranked players, it seems to work well enough. My role in wf is eradicate, deaden and stun when I can, then burst damage to take down a healer.

Since most of your useful MM skills (Deaden, Eradicate, IHnR) don't come until late, I'd spec into Sin first for the stuns & stealth abilities.

Also keep in mind that on Wed (most likely) both the MM & Sin trees are getting overhauled so all this will change.

Telaran

thanks for the tip. I was hoping to avoid having to do any melee, do you find your self counting on that a lot in pvp and that is why you speced so high in Sin. Also what is the reason behind infl, you get a cc break in the getaway skill. Just curious not trying to cruch your suggestion.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbars View Post
    thanks for the tip. I was hoping to avoid having to do any melee, do you find your self counting on that a lot in pvp and that is why you speced so high in Sin. Also what is the reason behind infl, you get a cc break in the getaway skill. Just curious not trying to cruch your suggestion.
    You can only avoid melee so much. Even if you kite like a pro, most melee specs have a short CD charge in them, so you will see melee action. The sin abilities give you some options once that happens. I also went that far in for the perma-stealth which is great for guarding control points, sneaking past groups for captures, and running to the opponent's back lines to smack a healer. Also Foul Play has saved me or let me kill a healer quite often. I usually stealth into a fight, Paralyzing Strike, then Retreat and start shooting.

Getaway doesn't break all CC affects, just movement (roots & snares). Break Free will let you escape stuns, squirrels and fears as well.

Telaran

Right on, thanks. I will give this a shot. Is all of our ranged damage physical? Do the increase in physical damage in the sin line help with our ranged damage? Which poisons do you run?

Yes ranged is physical, Sin abilites do help, and my current MM build uses them. But once again 1.5 will change a lot, and MM may or may not be useful. PTS people say no, I hold out some hope.

As for poisons you have a lot to choose from, and part of it depends on your target.
    Seastone - Pale - Rank 8 Rogue

Telaran

so is 5 points into ranger point less? 1 for the boar and 2 for the added 5% crit?

+ Reply to Thread