+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 103
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Rogue vs Paladin video

  1. #31
    Ascendant Vaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    4500 hp rogue? .... are you in greens vs a raid geared tank.

    Talk about a falsifying data .... are you by chance related to Andrew Wakefield?

    You want some credibility, link your gear, his gear, then watch the community laugh at you.
    Last edited by Vaine; 09-26-2011 at 05:13 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

  2. #32
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    144

    Default

    The video is trash. Proves absolutely nothing because everything about it has no "real world" application down to the gear/spec.

    I won't lie that I think block is over the top ******ed, but mainly because of the synergies warriors get from essences + trinket. They just heal way too much and rogues... well... don't.

    As an aside to the wise-*** that thinks a 2h warrior can be kited... You're doing it VERY wrong. Unless I get the jump on a rift blade and manage to purge away his ability to chain blink me, I will never escape. My knockback is almost always parried, barely ever use it anymore because of this, and without the combined knockback + jump back distance I haven't made enough space to even begin to think about kiting. The sprint is moot point because if the warrior has half a brain they'll just charge me and negate it. My root is useless because you can blink out of it. Please explain how you get kited, frankly I'd love to try it out.

  3. #33
    Champion TiberiusMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serashen View Post
    Just quit. I already told you how to kill the warrior..
    Actually, I only replied to your conversation because I brutalise Rogues trying to attack my Warrior the way you suggest, a purple bar attacking me is an easy swap target and kill moment. You seem to be missing the point where Rogues don't want to be the 2nd fiddle support class to supplement someone else's damage.
    Last edited by Linian; 09-27-2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: quotes deleted text

  4. #34
    Shield of Telara Serashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TiberiusMonkey View Post
    Actually, I only replied to your conversation because I brutalise Rogues trying to attack my Warrior the way you suggest, a purple bar attacking me is an easy swap target and kill moment. You seem to be missing the point where Rogues don't want to be the 2nd fiddle support class to supplement someone else's damage.
    Look, genius, the point is that any rogue who thinks they should be able to go toe to toe with a warrior is a GD idiot. Do I need to break down rogue lore and strategy to you, or is it your intent to continue saying the opposite of what someone else says, regardless of its implications.

    As for rogues being a 2nd fiddle support class, that's your opinion, and is simply false. I didn't provide you with the end all strategy to killing warriors that you should rinse repeat. The point, again, is you should approach killing a warrior in a less direct method.
    Last edited by Linian; 09-27-2011 at 08:27 AM. Reason: quotes deleted text
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

  5. #35
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serashen View Post
    Look, genius, the point is that any rogue who thinks they should be able to go toe to toe with a warrior is a GD idiot. Do I need to break down rogue lore and strategy to you, or is it your intent to continue saying the opposite of what someone else says, regardless of its implications.

    As for rogues being a 2nd fiddle support class, that's your opinion, and is simply false. I didn't provide you with the end all strategy to killing warriors that you should rinse repeat. The point, again, is you should approach killing a warrior in a less direct method.
    Cool, since we're totally ignoring the soul system and the intended flexibility in favor of pigeon holing lets give warriors a -80% damage buff in PvP since Warriors should be tanks only.

    Rogues have souls intended for Toe to Toe, they just suck.

  6. #36
    Shield of Telara Serashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaeth View Post
    Cool, since we're totally ignoring the soul system and the intended flexibility in favor of pigeon holing lets give warriors a -80% damage buff in PvP since Warriors should be tanks only.

    Rogues have souls intended for Toe to Toe, they just suck.
    I'd love to hear your justification as to why a rouge should beat a warrior in melee combat.
    Last edited by Serashen; 09-26-2011 at 05:33 AM.
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

  7. #37
    Shield of Telara Serashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    730
    Last edited by Linian; 09-27-2011 at 08:31 AM. Reason: trolling statement removed
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

  8. #38
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serashen View Post
    I'd love to hear your justification as to why a rouge should beat a warrior in melee combat.
    Similarly I'd love to hear your explanation as to why Warriors have the highest armor AND highest dps with the ability to kill ALL callings. Why should warriors holding swords etc should be able to do non physical damage?

    While we're at it why should warriors be able to use 3 builders change target and use a finisher as an opener? Where as a rogue must use 5 and can not change target? Why is a warrior able to keep up riftwalk on near permenant basis negating a ranged rogue?

    Why the warrior with the highest armor are they able to have a FULL instant health regen? Why is it only warriors able to see stealth?



    I get your argument that warriors are melee rogues scissors to our paper BUT the warrior is able to smash rogues EASILY and still beat on all other classes. Where as rogues are limited to looking for other purple bars. I have to say as a Warrior coming to the rogue forum to tell US how good rogues are it can only be because you want to keep your (warrior) ridiculous perch as the most OP class since BW's in War. By saying we're fine and we don't know how to play you are hoping Trion will isten to you and not the thousands of complaints about Rogues and keep us as a stone running/buff stripping support class.

    It's not fun being a rogue.. roll one..get to 50 and then come back here and tell us how much you enjoy tearing Warriors new 4rseholes as you know how to play.

  9. #39
    Champion TiberiusMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serashen View Post
    Look, genius, the point is that any rogue who thinks they should be able to go toe to toe with a warrior is a GD idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serashen View Post
    I'd love to hear your justification as to why a rouge should beat a warrior in melee combat.
    You are precious!

  10. #40
    Shield of Telara Serashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nastymatt View Post
    Similarly I'd love to hear your explanation as to why Warriors have the highest armor AND highest dps with the ability to kill ALL callings. Why should warriors holding swords etc should be able to do non physical damage?
    Warriors have the highest armor because we were plate and have shields. All classes have the ability to kill all callings.


    Quote Originally Posted by nastymatt View Post
    While we're at it why should warriors be able to use 3 builders change target and use a finisher as an opener? Where as a rogue must use 5 and can not change target?
    What warriors are building 3 on one target then swapping? Who uses that as a strategy? Build 3 on your intended target, then use the finisher. The reason is we're not building points to "weaken" our target as a rogue is. The rogue combo points are to "set up" for the big hit. Warriors are building up their rage, unleashing it where they please. You can't take the previously inflicted wounds off your current target and put them on another, sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by nastymatt View Post
    Why is a warrior able to keep up riftwalk on near permenant basis negating a ranged rogue?
    If you cannot prevent this, you are a bad rogue. Yeah, we'll get the first one, maybe two if we're lucky. But if you have been rift walked more than twice, you're bad.


    Quote Originally Posted by nastymatt View Post
    Why the warrior with the highest armor are they able to have a FULL instant health regen?
    10min CD, cry more. Requires a paladin soul, and can be negated. Everyone knows to silence the warrior around 15%.

    Quote Originally Posted by nastymatt View Post
    Why is it only warriors able to see stealth?
    Any warrior in this build deserves to see stealth, because they are otherwise neutered. And the range isn't as far as you think - about double melee range.


    Quote Originally Posted by nastymatt View Post
    I get your argument that warriors are melee rogues scissors to our paper BUT the warrior is able to smash rogues EASILY and still beat on all other classes.
    Your opinion and ultimately false. A warriors success is determined by his healer. The same can be said for a rogue.

    Quote Originally Posted by nastymatt View Post
    Where as rogues are limited to looking for other purple bars. I have to say as a Warrior coming to the rogue forum to tell US how good rogues are it can only be because you want to keep your (warrior) ridiculous perch as the most OP class since BW's in War. By saying we're fine and we don't know how to play you are hoping Trion will isten to you and not the thousands of complaints about Rogues and keep us as a stone running/buff stripping support class.

    It's not fun being a rogue.. roll one..get to 50 and then come back here and tell us how much you enjoy tearing Warriors new 4rseholes as you know how to play.
    Last edited by Linian; 09-27-2011 at 08:32 AM. Reason: trolling
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

  11. #41
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nastymatt View Post
    Similarly I'd love to hear your explanation as to why Warriors have the highest armor AND highest dps with the ability to kill ALL callings. Why should warriors holding swords etc should be able to do non physical damage?

    While we're at it why should warriors be able to use 3 builders change target and use a finisher as an opener? Where as a rogue must use 5 and can not change target? Why is a warrior able to keep up riftwalk on near permenant basis negating a ranged rogue?

    Why the warrior with the highest armor are they able to have a FULL instant health regen? Why is it only warriors able to see stealth?



    I get your argument that warriors are melee rogues scissors to our paper BUT the warrior is able to smash rogues EASILY and still beat on all other classes. Where as rogues are limited to looking for other purple bars. I have to say as a Warrior coming to the rogue forum to tell US how good rogues are it can only be because you want to keep your (warrior) ridiculous perch as the most OP class since BW's in War. By saying we're fine and we don't know how to play you are hoping Trion will isten to you and not the thousands of complaints about Rogues and keep us as a stone running/buff stripping support class.

    It's not fun being a rogue.. roll one..get to 50 and then come back here and tell us how much you enjoy tearing Warriors new 4rseholes as you know how to play.
    I have a 50 in both. This vid is a poor player with a poor playing style.

    I am not argueing your point. Rogues need some buffs.

    But any one who wants to yell the sky is falling over this vid...

    Makes me think they might not be very good. As a rogue I am embarrassed by the poor play on this vid. But my warrior side thinks its funny.

  12. #42
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Ummm rb cannot see stealth only bm. No one is bm in pvp.

    There are however pots that let you track stealthed players.
    Last edited by Linian; 09-27-2011 at 08:37 AM. Reason: response to deleted posts

  13. #43
    Shield of Telara Serashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malazan View Post
    There are however pots that let you track stealthed players.
    Available to Everyone
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

  14. #44
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serashen View Post
    Warriors have the highest armor because we were plate and have shields. All classes have the ability to kill all callings.



    What warriors are building 3 on one target then swapping? Who uses that as a strategy? Build 3 on your intended target, then use the finisher. The reason is we're not building points to "weaken" our target as a rogue is. The rogue combo points are to "set up" for the big hit. Warriors are building up their rage, unleashing it where they please. You can't take the previously inflicted wounds off your current target and put them on another, sorry.


    If you cannot prevent this, you are a bad rogue. Yeah, we'll get the first one, maybe two if we're lucky. But if you have been rift walked more than twice, you're bad.



    10min CD, cry more. Requires a paladin soul, and can be negated. Everyone knows to silence the warrior around 15%.


    Any warrior in this build deserves to see stealth, because they are otherwise neutered. And the range isn't as far as you think - about double melee range.



    Your opinion and ultimately false. A warriors success is determined by his healer. The same can be said for a rogue.


    Short .Its insane funny and ONESIDED to the point where i just dont get how you can speak with people in RL...I just dont belive they all are so subpar to you and look in yours mouth to see "truth of ethernity"...

    Up to yours previous post : l2p and wisely pick fights. If' i stay perma blue for any S/B warrior i will not engange them. Viceversa - why should warior be able to pick everything without be forced to choose targets?

    Finishers.... Big laught here... You do realize that you are not loosing 3 point finisher if yours target dies right before you can apply it? You can use it later. Rogue - can't. So all builder was wasted. I have stated this idea in suggestion forum ( every 51 tree ability makes CP persistent to next target - feel free to support me on it)

    "10min CD, cry more. Requires a paladin soul, and can be negated. Everyone knows to silence the warrior around 15%."... Are there big red icon or debuff informing rogue that this particular warrior have this ability on cooldown? Or you can just abuse this 12pt ability to be not engaged at all?...To silence warrior at 15%... Easy. Pot+5seconds/breakfree and BAM full hp

    Most of rest was also manipulated junk....sorry for being rude but i see you are twisting facts and misintepreting questions ( like with finishers)...So you deserved this statement.
    Last edited by Linian; 09-27-2011 at 08:37 AM. Reason: quotes deleted text

  15. #45
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serashen View Post
    Look, genius, the point is that any rogue who thinks they should be able to go toe to toe with a warrior is a GD idiot. Do I need to break down rogue lore and strategy to you, or is it your intent to continue saying the opposite of what someone else says, regardless of its implications.

    As for rogues being a 2nd fiddle support class, that's your opinion, and is simply false. I didn't provide you with the end all strategy to killing warriors that you should rinse repeat. The point, again, is you should approach killing a warrior in a less direct method.
    It's like you think that warriors are the only thing we have a hard time killing.

    But of course this is because, for the sake of your own convenience, I must be a bad rogue.
    Last edited by Fonk; 09-26-2011 at 06:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts