+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So... melee?

Rift Chaser

Default So... melee?

I've been paying so much attention to the 51mm/15rn spec that I kinda missed where things stood for a sabdancer alternative for melee. Did we end up with one? I parsed a couple variants of the "blinkblade"/"shadowdancer" spec and they seemed to fall behind. I parsed a post Double Coup improvement 32 Blade Dancer/assassin/nightblade hybrid and it was just depressing.

So, is there a sab-comparable (single target, the DPS that makes purples drop) alternative melee spec that actually delivers on melee DPSing by stabbing? I still would hope that there's a deep Blade Dancer spec that delivers, but at this point, deep Nightblade or deep Assassin even would be welcome.

Well, from what I tested in my crappy gear, a 32ass/15mm/19bd was parsing pretty good, a bit above sabdancer.

That was with a mix of durnes and drops from GSB/RoS/DH/GP except for my legs which are still really bad (crafted ones), and a 34 dps main hand and 31.7 dps offhand.

With only fervor it parsed 1315-1350 for me vs 1240 - 1295 sabdancer. Basically you use backstab/puncture/precision strike/quick strike/keen strike with impale, and deadly strike in between impales (try not to let impale fall off, I do 2x deadly strike between each impale).

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Sabdancer is garbage now. People can math it up all they like, but it parses way behind the MM builds. I think there might be a NB build that will work, but I haven't had fervor long enough for any good tests.

if ur parsing behind sabodancer on any blink spec then you are doing them wrong or cheating on your sab parses, there is no other explanation.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

also with 51 points in MM you can be in melee sooooo yeah

furthermore,
    MM IS ONLY BEST IF YOU HAVE HK CRYSTAL

EDIT: after the patch you can close your eyes and pick ur spec to get one comparable to sabdancer practically.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 09-26-2011 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Rift Chaser

Actualy the 51/14/1 spec work very well with the new crystal.I was able to easy Maintain 1850+.

Normal buff EM and STM and predatory instinc(no fervor so was little rough on the energy)

mix of Dune with 2 HK pieces and the trash gun.

I most llikely was messing up the rotation too a little since it was super late but either way

Either way im 100% sure this spec will average 2k+ np with flask/whelstone/cake and full raid buff.

Quote Originally Posted by darknsss View Post
    Either way im 100% sure this spec will average 2k+ np with flask/whelstone/cake and full raid buff.
    Lol cake. Gotta get that endurance buff! (I know you meant cupcake)

Rift Chaser

lol 10 endurance or 10 attack power hm hard choice lol

Truth is food in this game fail so bad man not even funny

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    also with 51 points in MM you can be in melee sooooo yeah

furthermore,
    MM IS ONLY BEST IF YOU HAVE HK CRYSTAL

EDIT: after the patch you can close your eyes and pick ur spec to get one comparable to sabdancer practically.
    o.0 I've parsed 100dps higher with 51 mm using 0 crystals than any other build. Blink blade has been the only thing that even came close for me...

tried the high assassin version of blink blade
    blink blade

32sin/15mm/19bd
    36sin/10mm/20bd
    51sin/15mm
    20bd/27sin/19nb
    24rng/20bd/22ass
    26sab/20ass/20bd

Maybe 38nb might, or I could have got rotations wrong, usually on the 32+ assassins just keep impale up use deadly strike in between (or final blow for 51) with 1 button hoko style cp builder, others use deadly strike all the time.
    Last edited by Drathmar; 09-26-2011 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathmar View Post
    o.0 I've parsed 100dps higher with 51 mm using 0 crystals than any other build. Blink blade has been the only thing that even came close for me...

wait till Wednesday then

38nb is coming along nicely, well 36nb is pushing the highest numbers but in a raid it will be more useful to go 38nb and lose out on 10% AP for the extra survivability. 36nb/20sin/10mm with crystal should push some very respectable #'s. without crystal it is right around sabodancer but still good, not too far behind the other specs, but the crystal is huge, and the build does more dmg under 30% so that may make it come ahead on many long fights. (and hk has tons of those)
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    38nb is coming along nicely, well 36nb is pushing the highest numbers but in a raid it will be more useful to go 38nb and lose out on 10% AP for the extra survivability. 36nb/20sin/10mm with crystal should push some very respectable #'s. without crystal it is right around sabodancer but still good, not too far behind the other specs, but the crystal is huge, and the build does more dmg under 30% so that may make it come ahead on many long fights. (and hk has tons of those)
    which crystal? NB one i assume?

"We are the Red Order within the immortal Chaos. We are Shadowblade."

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    HK cyrstal or T1 crystal?

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

Anything that buffs Blazing Strike is a huge dps increase considering it's an extremely high portion of your dps.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

HK crystal for nightblade

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast