+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranged Rogue (questions from a newbie)

Soulwalker

Default Ranged Rogue (questions from a newbie)

I only just started playing recently and after trying melee for a bit I wanted to give ranged a whirl.

I'm only up to Lvl 17 but I'm coming across some trouble in trying to figure out which attacks work best. I've looked around a bit and seen some builds but I'm having trouble understanding the logic behind some choices. For example, MM seems to have the best finishers but I see many people choose Head Shot instead. I assume that's due to Bestial Fury but does that make it that much better? Also, I don't see as much use of Splinter Shot and Empowered Shot as I would've expected. Is it the cast time or something else? It's hard for me to tell if I'm being even remotely efficient so far...

There are several other things that are puzzling to me still but help with these might let me understand how I should be approaching this.

Thanks!

By my understanding, the problem with Empowered Shot and Splinter Shot is indeed their cast time. The longer the fight goes on, the fewer total shots you get as a result of using them, and thus you have lowered dps. At your level, it will make virtually no difference, however, and when my rogue was still bitty I often opened with a Splinter Shot.

The easiest ranged Rogue build to learn the game with while leveling up, in my experience, is the build by Sozu, linked here: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...2-revised.html

Though I wouldn't bother with the pet attack macros while out solo questing, since you're have the razorbeast out anyway (and before 31, can't even call the raptor). Also, I would keep an eye out for an updated guide by Sozu after this next patch lands.

Good luck, and have fun!
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

Soulwalker

Thanks. That build looks like what I was planning. I guess I'll just keep aiming for that.

+ Reply to Thread