+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Hokey Pokey ST Spec

Soulwalker

Default The Hokey Pokey ST Spec

Hi fellow rogues. Been playing around with specs and came up with this ST assassin build. It parses around 1300 DPS on dummy with crappy RR, mixed T3 gear and no synergy crystal. I'm curious as to how it would parse for someone decked to the max. I was somewhat energy starved, and it would benefit from tablet/clover. Here's the build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xofV00M.Vhbf0M

It gets the attack power, 5% damage and AP from MM as well as the additional attack power and crit boost from shifting (on appropriate bosses) from RS. With everything going, you'll have an additional 55% attack power, which greatly increases the damage. I just use one cp building macro then rotate Final Blow, Impale and Annihilate to keep dots/ap buff rolling. I've found that using Impale is a slight DPS loss, but I have a bit of difficulty with timing and lag. Here's the macro:

#show Puncture
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Puncture
    cast Backstab
    cast Savage Strike
    cast Poison Malice
    cast Expose Weakness

Cheers!

yes..this spec has been out for awhile now and has more optimized points although some call it the bloodstalker (stupid name) and some call the sin20 (not as bad, dumb but still who cares)..

where do people come with these crappy names? i posted about this build prior to anyone but im not one to come up with clever names like hoko and sozu..see those ones are fine!

Naming builds has got to be the most egotistical, self absorbing things to do on these forums..its just getting to be old and overated..pls stop.

you basically pulled a dunsparrow and changed a few points around and call it something else..good game!

sorry for the troll but its just getting to be such nonsense
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

Soulwalker

It's a bit more than a few points moved around. Nonetheless, I was expecting to get trolled for the outrageous name. I used that name to mildly object the endless number of 'TM' builds, buttons etc.

It's just another build for someone to try. After all, isn't every build just 'a few points moved around' anyway?

Shadowlander

The last 5 points in marksman make no sense as you shouldn't be using ranged attacks. Put 3 in riftstalker to get another teleport so the buff has 100% uptime and put the other 2 in assassin for more damage. Then guess what... you get the Bloodstalker build others have already posted

Quote Originally Posted by thedrummmmer View Post
    The last 5 points in marksman make no sense as you shouldn't be using ranged attacks. Put 3 in riftstalker to get another teleport so the buff has 100% uptime and put the other 2 in assassin for more damage. Then guess what... you get the Bloodstalker build others have already posted
    tho the latter is true the former is not. 15 in mm is perfect for any non nb build as it's 25% armor pen to all attacks...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Just a thought (not sure how the build looks on PTS) but wouldnt the DMG reduction in Rift be better than healing increase? or end? and why not put one point into Shadow assault? Just my thoughts, I havent looked at the trees on PTS yet, so I might be off.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    Just a thought (not sure how the build looks on PTS) but wouldnt the DMG reduction in Rift be better than healing increase? or end? and why not put one point into Shadow assault? Just my thoughts, I havent looked at the trees on PTS yet, so I might be off.
    check the blood whatever build they are talking about, it picks the right talents for raiding.

i hate the name tho, i will always call it asstalker, and to piss more ppl off, when 1.5 hits i will post a guide to it with all the macros.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

or better yet..lets call it the "MANASS STALKER" hey, i think i came up with something right there..w/e all naming rights are mine, regardless..it was trademarked since I hinted towards the build first..muahhahahaha
    Last edited by Spungey; 09-26-2011 at 01:52 AM.
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread