+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Milker" or "Milking Bard"

Soulwalker

Default "Milker" or "Milking Bard"

Hey guys its my first post(possible, I don't remember). I've always loved barding because of the single skill "Cadence". I really loved seeing all the AoE heals and knowing I was doing them. I've been messing around with bard specs for quite some time and made quite a few different specs. I am no longer the "Guild Bard" so I have no reason to waste a soul for a Raid Bard spec. I do how ever still have a soul with my own bard spec that's purpose it to maximize AoEs. I decided to call "Milker" or a "Milking Bard" because your getting all possible heals out of Cadence(My rogue's name is also Milkandeggs).

Milker Spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zVz.Vc.VutMh0x

This specs only purpose is to max AoE heals(In raids where AoE heals are badly needed)

To start a fight on a boss Stealth and open with Dark Malady for the two CPs and 20% damage for 8 seconds. After this use a Cadence and then use Annihilate( Gives you 57 AP for 1 min). After that its simple(that was as pretty simple), keep the Annihilation Buff up, Spam cadence for AoE heals, and use Coda of Restoration when needed. Remember this is just to max heals, all other bard stuff should be taken care of by the raid bard.

I'm not on the forums a lot so if this spec has already been made then I give full credit to who ever made it. If not then enjoy the "Milker" spec or w/e you want to call it :P

Plane Touched

melee bard (13 bd for deadly dance) is a lot more aoe heals than this spec.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by saos View Post
    DD cadence is a wash, all you're doing is smoothing out your heals. Your cadence heals harder but you lose Coda of Resto, which negates all the extra. Effectively you're just shifting the CoR burst healing into the Cadence ticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Heat Retention was pretty useless for Bard, IIRC. Cadence just counts as one... then you get another from either second Cadence, or Power Chord... it's not going to be very useful. Certainly not 5 points worth.

To be honest, if you love Cadence that much... using Deadly Dance will get you a lot more out of it. More than double. I think this might be roughly the build you're looking for:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VoskVz.0VMcx0b

It's not a build I'd ever use, but it would probably do nice Cadence healing.

I should point out though...using a Bard for healing in raids is a bit silly. If you're raiding as a Bard, you're going to be 51. I guess if you desperately need AOE healing, and there are no clerics or chloromancers to do it, yeah, I guess...

Few other points: if you're trying to do healing in addition to a standard 51 Bard... you want improved Anthem of Competence. That way between the two of you, you can have both Fervor and Competence. If you want to keep Virtuoso, at least get rid of the point in Resonance. You're not going to be using Motifs, so it's a waste.

If I didn't want to go Barddancer, I would probably use the standard 17 points in Sin, with the rest in Nightblade. Then you can be as effective at range as you would be in melee. i.e. not very, but slightly improved.

Reading your original post, I came up with this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...iosk0z.0VMcx0b

Two points to spend wherever. It's late. IDK -_-

Telaran

no VoJ idk what guild you raid with that allows that
    Quote Originally Posted by titansgrip View Post
    What is the benefit of having sole access to the highest damaging 2h weapons if not the highest melee DSP? The exclusiveness of plate and 2h weapons should have benefit fitting to that uniqueness.
    best line ever! Clearly cloth/chain/leather is usable by all but plate is war only because they want to set warriors above the rest. WAR 4 LIFE!

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by saos View Post
    Max raid heals: 44 Bard 17 Sin 5 Ranger/NB depending on your bow/MH weapon.

Max 51 Bard raid heals: 51 Bard 8 RF 7 Ranger

DD Cadence is more DPS less heals.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

no VoJ idk what guild you raid with that allows that
    He said this was inclusive of a Bard raiding as 51.

Yet an other silly named spec...
    Use Blade Dancer for max heal.
    Can solo heal T1 too.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0skqz..VhtMhob

is what i use for when i bard. i do not bard in raids so i never have a 51 point bard spec. you dont need 5/5 heat retention because a little known fact is it does not remove stacks of heat retention when you pop coda of restoration. this essentially means youll perpetually have a 10% damage increase to cadence with your 5 stacks of heat retention at all times. yah your cadence isnt as good as a deadly dance spec, but this is cheese mode spec where you can stay at range, have a defensive cooldown, have most of the good bard support **** in terms of buffs and heals, and only miss out on voj. i keep third soul 0 points to swap between rs/inf. and yes ive solo healed t2s with that spec.
    Last edited by charliekelly; 09-25-2011 at 10:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread