+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Tri-blade PvE spec

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Temko Firewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    291

    Default Tri-blade PvE spec

    Will this spec be viable in 1.5?

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zsoo0b.VhxzhoR and if so, what changes would need to be made?

    aoe changes will add this spec more aoe dps but will a change in points to accomodate 1.5 be needed to optimize it? or is this spec not viable at all.

    "We are the Red Order within the immortal Chaos. We are Shadowblade."

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default

    so what do you plan on achieving with such a bad spec

  3. #3
    Ascendant Bloodbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    I use this spec on my rogue currently, I parse about 1200 on the dummies with fervor in the ****tiest gear imaginable. The rotation is a ***** to get down, and in a raiding environment the DPS dips well below 900. Movement fights make this not worth using ever. Unless you get a serious stand-still100%-of-the-fight encounter, you won't parse higher than sabdancer or sozu with this. Even then, you'll be grinding your teeth trying to get the rotation correct, save yourself the trouble and sabdance.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

  4. #4
    Plane Touched Temko Firewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    I use this spec on my rogue currently, I parse about 1200 on the dummies with fervor in the ****tiest gear imaginable. The rotation is a ***** to get down, and in a raiding environment the DPS dips well below 900. Movement fights make this not worth using ever. Unless you get a serious stand-still100%-of-the-fight encounter, you won't parse higher than sabdancer or sozu with this. Even then, you'll be grinding your teeth trying to get the rotation correct, save yourself the trouble and sabdance.
    not sure wth you were doing with this spec mate, but wile it doesn't parse above sabdancer, it's a very viable alternative in non-aoe fights.

    the rotation is 4 buttons and all you even have a charge to close distance + interupt/silence. it scales well with raidbuffs and i've yet to parse <1k with it even on dummy, raid-parse is far above that.

    "We are the Red Order within the immortal Chaos. We are Shadowblade."

  5. #5
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Temko Firewing View Post
    Will this spec be viable in 1.5?

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zsoo0b.VhxzhoR and if so, what changes would need to be made?

    aoe changes will add this spec more aoe dps but will a change in points to accomodate 1.5 be needed to optimize it? or is this spec not viable at all.
    Contra Tempo increases the damage of all your BD strikes except Keen, so you'll want that. Probably drop sprint and the 21 point talent (it breaks CC now), since FoS is 10-point base ability now. This is a pretty old spec, so I dunno if it will be even remotely competitive.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 09-26-2011 at 02:14 AM.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched Temko Firewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Contra Tempo increases the damage of all your BD strikes except Keen, so you'll want that. Probably drop sprint and the 21 point talent (it breaks CC now), since FoS is 10-point base ability now. This is a pretty old spec, so I dunno if it will be even remotely competitive.
    i dont DPS that often (my MS is tank, but ye.. HK >.>) so outside tanking my knowledge of dps is pretty iffy.
    is there a soul-builder updated for 1.5 yet where i can **** around in?

    and ye, it's a spec from 1.3, but as i never DPS'd, i just had it around for that odd time and since i absolutly hate sabdancer, this worked

    I'll prolly be teleport-bunny or a MM in 1.5, but as i truly like this spec i was just curious... would be nice to se if it even remotly keeps up with with all the new buffs.

    "We are the Red Order within the immortal Chaos. We are Shadowblade."

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts