+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions about Ranger Pets

Default Questions about Ranger Pets

So I get that the pig is the tank and holds agro during PVE, and the wolf is DPS and doesn't hold agro, so is better for PVP.

But what is the Blood Raptor for? I just tested it in PVE and it didn't hold agro even against low-level mobs. Is it a better PVP creature, to replace the wolf?

I think I heard that the pig maxes out in level before 50; if it's the only agro-holder, does that mean there's no agro pet option at all at the higher levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Squeesidhe View Post
    So I get that the pig is the tank and holds agro during PVE, and the wolf is DPS and doesn't hold agro, so is better for PVP.

But what is the Blood Raptor for? I just tested it in PVE and it didn't hold agro even against low-level mobs. Is it a better PVP creature, to replace the wolf?

I think I heard that the pig maxes out in level before 50; if it's the only agro-holder, does that mean there's no agro pet option at all at the higher levels?
    if full ranger, boar is for tanking solo pve, wolf has a heal debuff and thus good for pvp, raptor is for max dps in pve.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread