+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Hokonoso
  • 2 Post By Sozu

Thread: "The Melee Sozu"

Default "The Melee Sozu"

spec..32sin/24rng/10mm...w/e u want the 32pts in sin as long as you have impale...w/e u want the 24 in rng, just need wolfy....and the 10 in MM is pretty obvious..of course you could go 8 in RS and get the 15% +15% AP..but not sure what is better..5% ST +25% AP from crits or 15% AP + 15% AP from annihilate and have 2 extra pts to toss somewhere..might be nice for hasten call then it wouldn't be the melee Sozu.

rotation..well thats kinda obvious!!!

here it is..hoko's trademark 1 button macro..all macro credit is given to Hoko

#Show Backstab
    suppressmacrofailures
    Expose Weakness
    Backstab
    Puncture
    Savage strike
    Quick Shot

#show Final Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Final Blow
    cast Head Shot

#show Impale
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Impale
    cast Head Shot

I ran like 2-3 parses and with the same gear as I have on live..no HK relics..no crystal
    each parse came to be around 1600 dps..still cant figure out how to link these parses on forums..im SLOW!!!

its a fun spec..its easy..and seems like a win/win without having to blink around..and you can use this build on fights that require you to be mobile.

Sozu..sorry for stealing your guide name..but I don't care about getting to name a build..it uses the same souls as your ranged build so I tossed a few points around and called it Melee Sozu...

If any person thats lucky enough to have HK relics and could do a decent parse to compare to other builds out there..not sure if most people doing that 51pt MM build use all the consumables/whetstones..idk..but this spec will probably be my go to spec once Live comes out..its fun..its different and its not sabdancer..dont care if it doesnt have great AoE power..i will still use the big AoE builds for AoE fights..this is just another variation of the melee ranger..

GOOD LUCK
    Last edited by Spungey; 09-24-2011 at 03:36 PM.
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

10mm is better than 8rs by far, ppl underestimate 5% dmg to single target atks, it's way better than all other tier 1 talents for dps.

also, much closer to the hoko spec than the sozu spec with the wolf! sozu uses the raptor!!!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

yeh true, closer to hoko spec than any...im still stuck on this build since I first linked right when the 1.5 rogue changes came out. Although, if they Trion would swap "Slip Away" and "Serpent Strike" this build would be a beast..but im sure other builds would be better if that happend..

if changes stay as is and with the HK crystal for sin where it adds more dmg to damage over time abilities(that's if they didn't change it) then this one will def make it into my role library..

another thing is the horrible, horrible pet scaling..I thought they increased pet damage..idk...pet scaling is luckluster for the ranger..

Call it the "Dunsparrow Destroyer"

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

RIFT Guide Writer

Solid, interesting build, but parses about 100-125 DPS behind the bloodstalker build.

And I'm not sure I take a pet build without Hasten Call.

I do think Impale builds will be on prime display in 1.5.
    Last edited by Kurieg; 09-25-2011 at 05:56 AM.

i never have any issues with my pet dying in the hoko build..so hasten call is meh..

and i kinda figured the blink specs would give that extra lil bit, but im not one who enjoys blinking every 10 seconds..i just like to smash things and not have to worry about buffs..

u'll like hoko 4.0 then! a hoko spec for each new patch lol.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Sozu View Post
    Call it the "Dunsparrow Destroyer"
    It makes me sad that he left Deepstrike. Also welcome back to DS.. need to catch you in game. I have a few questions for you.

so how is the sin/rng/bd variation of the melee ranger on PTS..havent had much time to experiment, but its basically going to come down to one of these 2 builds that I'm gonna play..the sin/rng/mm(as a melee version) or the sin/rng/bd.

I dont wanna blink around, dont want to throw bombs anymore. Just wanna hit one button and come near the top of the dps meters..We only have 1 person in my guild thats usually above me on the dps charts(warrior of course, even though sometimes I can beat em on murdantix) I just need something to get me away from the zombie mode of sabdancer.

Dont get me wrong, its a fun spec..but not so fun when we have been playing it for so long now!

One thing that i've been wondering is if the raptor and Nightblade variation of the melee ranger might scale very nicely in raid. idk.

we will just have to wait for it to go live to see all the new rogue builds in action with full buffs/consumables!

+ Reply to Thread