+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: On the behalf of all Bards

Default On the behalf of all Bards

If all we are getting from 1.5 Is ****tier versions of abilities we already have. Please don't bother, I'd rather not bother with reallocating my points.

Rift Disciple

I agree. The strain on my fingers to blindly spam click little squares to respect 51 points into bard is excessive.

**** you.

Sincerely,

Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Over the years, many a mmorpg has disappointed me with various actions- Trion has just kept up with that tradition- far better than it's predecessors.

They have the art of disappointment....tuned to perfection.
    ...You know the way
    It twists and turns,
    Changing colour, Spinning yarns
    You know the way, It leaves you dry
    It cuts you up...And takes you high

Rift Disciple

I love playing my bard over any other spec., but I was hoping for some positive changes. Maybe someday we will.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Bards are boring as hell to play, require no skill, do not scale with gear, and I pity anyone who is forced to play one.

On a completely unrelated note, our guild is recruiting a full-time bard. Please apply at www.negativeghostrider.org 4/11 HK.

Shadowlander

actually, it does scale with gear.......

I have given up.

Long series of attrition issues with the class, and here we are in the rogue review phase, and bards are given a single target Motif of Regeneration.

Simply put, the bard is beyond the capabilities of the staff to address, at least in pvp. Everyone else says bard is fine in PVE. Which I do not do. So perhaps my view is skewed.

Yes I have reported bugs, done many whole days on PTS. The sad fact is bards are buffbots that can be macro'd ,and are, in PVE. Anyone who plays one in PVP is a stubborn idiot (Which is me).

Yes, I can play a different role/spec. If you say that it means you should never complain about a nerf to X Y Z because you can play a different role/spec just as well.

If you wanted to fix bard, you have tons of ideas.

IMNSHO: Bard Motifs are passives triggered by a Cadence that is channeled to duration, each motif active adds to Cadence energy cost. Cadence taken off the previous choke of 5 people, and the damage value THEN evaluated after it is real world tested to see if it needs to do more damage then warlock armor. *at least in pvp*

That is just a start, but we all know it is 3 days to patch and Bards are gonna get nothing, one should just shut up an move on or play another role/spec or game.

Hey I tried to give you ideas to keep me paying you.
    "Good players can make themselves useful, but huge efforts should not be made to attain levels of use that others can accomplish with far less effort because their class was designed more intelligently." -- Ancient Rites
    I for one welcome our new bard overlords...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vinci View Post
    actually, it does scale with gear.......
    no not really. Cadence barely scales. CoR scales meh in relation to similar abilities. Nothing else scales.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Bards are boring as hell to play, require no skill, do not scale with gear, and I pity anyone who is forced to play one.

On a completely unrelated note, our guild is recruiting a full-time bard. Please apply at www.negativeghostrider.org 4/11 HK.
    LMAO, you make a compelling case.

Shadowlander

Default lol

Quote Originally Posted by TourneAsunder View Post
    Over the years, many a mmorpg has disappointed me with various actions- Trion has just kept up with that tradition- far better than it's predecessors.

They have the art of disappointment....tuned to perfection.
    haven't heard peter murphy for years, nice verse.

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

It's called an update. Not a renovation. If it's not worth a point respec then save your finger's energy for trying to play a role well.

They really need a "invest all points" button for these things. On a related note I still like triple absorb bard. Ridiculousness.
    Etna - Rogue 5/5 GSB 4/4 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 10/11 HK PvP 8/8

Why has no one asked the question as to why poisons/enhancements do not proc off of cadence?

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Rift Chaser

Sorry for the hijack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post

Dun, I recently watched a video of you (I think it's you) doing the tome clicking at Matron as a tank and you had someone duoing the adds with you. How hard is it for a rogue to solo the adds, or is it simply much more efficient and safer to duo them?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast